Heel Incision Devices Market
Heel Incision Devices Market (Product Type: Micro-preemie, Preemie, Newborn, and Infant; and End User: Hospitals & Specialty Clinics, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, and Others) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Disinfection and Hygiene Crucial for Handling Blood Collection Devices During COVID-19
Increased awareness about hygiene and sanitization measures for blood collection devices such as heel lancets is growing during the COVID-19 pandemic. Since newborns are likely to be sensitive toward the infection, healthcare professionals are taking extra care to efficiently dispose heel incision devices. Moreover, proper handling of heel incision devices has also been recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO). However, factory shutdowns are likely to affect the supply of these devices. Hence, companies in the heel incision devices market are strengthening their distributions channels in countries where the pandemic has subsided.
Proper disinfection and sanitization of heel incision devices has become crucial for healthcare facilities. Since hospitals in the U.S., India, Russia, and Brazil are already compromised with increasing COVID-19 cases, doctors are maintaining sanitization measures for the handling of blood collection devices.
These factors are expected to drive the heel incision devices market during the forecast period.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Heel Incision Devices Market
CLSI Guidelines Drive Innovations in Safe and Reliable Heel Incision Devices
The ease of activation and the unique positioning design are highly preferred in heel incision devices. Hence, MediPurpose Inc.— a boutique medical products company has announced the launch of their babyLance heel incision device, which reduces trigger activation force in infants. Manufacturers in the heel incision devices market are increasing efforts to develop safe, effective, and easy solutions for blood collection. They are increasing their portfolio in preemie and newborn products to capitalize on value-grab opportunities. As such, there is a growing demand for devices that minimize the risk of bruising.
Unique positioning designs in heel incision devices facilitate accurate and stable placement against targeted section of the infant’s feet. In order to gain recognition, manufacturers in the heel incision devices market are abiding by the CLSI (Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute) regulatory and quality standards.
New Ergonomic Designs and Multiple Visual Indicators Cause Less Trauma in Infants
The heel incision devices market is expected to mature from a revenue of ~US$ 174 Mn in 2019 to over US$ 231 Mn by the end of 2030. This can be attributed to increased product launches have intensified competition in the market landscape. For instance, the U.S. multinational healthcare services company Cardinal Health has announced the launch of the gentleheel® device, which is made with the automated lancing mechanism. In order to cause less trauma to infants, mothers and healthcare practitioners are fueling the demand for heel incision devices that deliver smooth incision at the heel.
Hardened stainless steel blade in devices cause less trauma to infants. Manufacturers in the heel incision devices market are increasing efforts to acquire trademarks for their products from the Global Resources International to boost their credibility credentials. New ergonomic designs and multiple visual indicators help improve device handling.
Demand for High-quality Blood Samples Triggers Innovations in Single-use Devices
Companies in the heel incision devices market are increasing the availability of single-use safety heel sticks. For instance, the Novaplus MediHeel incision device by Medicore is designed for infants and neonatal patients to meet single-use applications. Manufacturers are strengthening their distribution chains via e-Commerce. For instance, the Lancet Tenderfoot Infant device is being made available online in order to increase product uptake. Next-gen incision devices are emerging as an alternative to puncture in the heel of infants. The growing demand for high-quality blood sample has triggered the expansion of the heel incision devices market.
Improved mechanisms in devices are delivering greater incision depth control above the nerve fibers, resulting in less pain in infants. Manufacturers are increasing efforts to enhance user comfort by introducing ergonomic designs in devices. They are offering comfortable grip for permanent retraction of the blade, catering to user safety.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Small Players Increase R&D Activities to Address Needs of Complex Medical Conditions
Established players in the heel incision devices market are gaining a competitive edge over emerging market players, since babies are inherently fragile and many infants have complex medical conditions. Since emerging players and startups lack the right amount of capital expenditure, leading market players are outpacing smaller players. Hence, emerging players must invest in R&D activities and collaborate with think tanks from universities and international healthcare organizations to identify drawbacks in existing heel incision devices. Companies in the heel incision devices market should research about alternate methods that are replacing lancets since the market is projected to register a sluggish CAGR of ~3% during the forecast period.
Startups in the market for heel incision devices should innovate in lancets that are designed for specialized and delicate care. They should adopt standardized length and depth measures to carefully control incision in babies.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Heel Incision Devices Market
Innovative Devices Promote Fast Healing and Less Bruising in Babies
Manufacturers in the heel incision devices market are increasing their production capacities for lancets that eliminate the need for heel warming. The elimination of heel warming is being associated with time and cost efficiency in hospitals, since the nursing time is reduced and the hospital financial expenditure is also lowered. This has led to increased productivity levels in healthcare facilities, as additional minutes spent on heel warming results in adding up of substantial cost during the blood collection procedure. Thus, innovative heel incision devices are lowering the expenditure to purchase heel warmers.
Companies in the heel incision devices market are innovating in lancets that produce a steady consistent arc motion, which promotes fast healing and less bruising. There is a growing demand for devices that deliver gentle skin incision. Latest heel incision devices are eliminating the need for repeat sticks in order to collect a large enough blood sample.
Analysts of the Transparency Market Research (TMR) opine that the heel incision devices market is likely to be affected due to COVID-19 restrictions in countries with rising number of coronavirus cases. As such, manufacturers are increasing their production capabilities to develop devices that offer custom fit to any baby’s heel. However, emerging players are facing the heat with stiff competition from leading healthcare giants. Hence, companies should increase R&D to team up with best minds from universities and international healthcare organizations to address the needs of infants with complex medical conditions. Manufacturers should develop devices that eliminate the need for heel warmers.
Heel Incision Devices Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global heel incision devices market for the historical period 2018–2019 and forecast period 2020–2030, the global heel incision devices market is driven by rise in awareness and mandatory screening of newborns
- According to the report, the global heel incision devices market was valued at ~US$ 174 Mn in 2019. Heel incision devices market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~3% from 2020 to 2030.
Key Drivers of Heel Incision Devices Market: Rise in Awareness and Mandatory Screening of Newborns
- Newborn screening enables health professionals to identify and treat certain conditions before they make a baby sick. Most babies with these conditions who are identified at birth and treated early are able to grow healthy with normal development.
- In countries such as the U.S., newborn screening is a public health service carried out in each U.S. state. Three parts of newborn screening are performed in the U.S.; blood test, hearing screen, and pulse oximetry. Agencies in North America have made it mandatory for screening of all children born in private sector hospitals.
- Organizations such as Baby's First Test celebrate every September month as “Newborn Screening” awareness month in the U.S.
- Therefore, increase in awareness and mandatory newborn screening are anticipated to drive the heel incision devices market
Product Recall Market: Key Restraint of Heel Incision Devices Market
- Product recalls from the market due to various factors are also a factor restraining the heel incision devices market. For instance, in 2013, BD recalled Microtainer Quikheel Lancet 1.0 mm incision depth 2.5 mm incision length, as the lancet does not retract after activation and creates a potential threat during blood collection.
- Such instances of product recalls of a particular device are estimated to hamper the sales of this type of device in the heel incision devices market and consequently, also hamper the image of the company
Heel Incision Devices Market: Competition Landscape
- This report profiles major players operating in the global heel incision devices market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- Leading players operating in the global heel incision devices market are
- Owen Mumford Ltd.
- Cardinal Health
- Smiths Medical
- Clinical Innovations
- Vitrex Medical A/S
- NSP Medicals
- Torvan Medical Inc.
Heel Incision Devices Market: Key Developments
- Key players in the global heel incision devices market are engaged in regulatory approvals, launch of new products, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies are likely to augment the global heel incision devices market. A few expansion strategies adopted by players and non-profit organizations to spread awareness in the global heel incision devices market are:
- In February 2020, LABORIE Medical Technologies, a leading diagnostic and therapeutic medical technology company, acquired Clinical Innovations. LLC.
- In April 2019, EveryLife Foundation for Rare Disease and Baby’s First Test co-hosted Newborn Screening Bootcamp in the U.S. This drives the demand for newborn screening test and need of heel incision devices.
- The report on the global heel incision devices market discusses individual strategies followed by company profiles of test providers. The competition landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global heel incision devices market.
Heel Incision Devices Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global heel incision devices market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2020 to 2030. The report provides revenue of the global heel incision devices market for the period 2018–2030, considering 2019 as the base year and 2030 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global heel incision devices market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after extensive primary and secondary researches. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players, product type literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global heel incision devices market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, company presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global heel incision devices market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global heel incision devices market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global heel incision devices market.
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global heel incision devices market. Key players operating in the global heel incision devices market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global heel incision devices market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Heel Incision Devices Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of product type companies in the global heel incision devices market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global heel incision devices market between 2020 and 2030?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for heel incision devices providers?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the growth of the global heel incision devices market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global as well as in the U.S. heel incision devices market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global heel incision devices market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary researches, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary sources referred to by analysts during the product type of the global heel incision devices market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product type portfolio managers, and market intelligence managers who contributed to TMR’s study on the heel incision devices market as primary research sources.
These primary and secondary research sources have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the heel incision devices market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global heel incision devices market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenues for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global heel incision devices market more reliably and accurately.
Heel Incision Devices Market – Segmentation