Newborn Screening Market
Newborn Screening Market (Product: Instruments and Assay Kits; Test Type: Dry Blood Spot Test, Hearing Screen Test, Critical Congenital Heart Disease [CCHD] Test, X-ray or CT Scan, Electrocardiogram [ECG] Test, and Others; and End User: Hospitals, Diagnostic Centers, Maternity & Specialty Clinics, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
Availability of Contact Information Helps Individuals amid Coronavirus Outbreak
Health screenings and check-ups for new babies are still relevant during the coronavirus outbreak. These check-ups help families to make informed decisions about how to protect their infants. Hence, stakeholders in the newborn screening market are increasing awareness about additional precautions that need to be taken such as in cases of follow-up testing after the screening results are received.
Since healthcare is one of the essential industries worldwide, state and territorial newborn screening programs are being carried out even during the COVID-19 situation. Healthcare providers in the newborn screening market are capitalizing on this opportunity to offer comprehensive services in blood spot screening, hearing, and critical congenital heart disease (CCHD) test. Clinicians in the U.S. are increasing the availability of contact information and listing it on official state pages to keep individuals abreast with all updates.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Newborn Screening Market
Lack of Data for New Pediatric Health States Increases Costs for Clinicians
The newborn screening market is projected to reach the valuation of US$ 3.3 Bn by 2031. This is evident since the number of conditions assessable by newborn screening methods is increasing, resulting in additional cost for the healthcare system. Moreover, lack of data on long-term consequences of new conditions and scarce follow-up information for screened conditions are hampering the decision making process of healthcare providers. Hence, there is a need to standardize valuation techniques for pediatric health states in the newborn screening market.
There is a need to clarify methodological strengths and flaws in cost effectiveness and cost utility analysis of new pediatric health states.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Medical Outcomes Increase with Connectivity Between Screening Programs and Healthcare Providers
Companies in the newborn screening market are focusing on reducing the morbidity and mortality associated with heritable disorders in newborns and children. Altarum - a non-profit research and consulting organization has been selected by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) to lead the Innovations in Newborn Screening Interoperability Resource Center. Such initiatives explain why the newborn screening market is expected to advance at a robust CAGR of ~11% during the forecast period.
In order to improve medical outcomes of newborns and children, healthcare providers are taking efforts to enhance the connectivity between state public health newborn screening programs and healthcare providers. This is being achieved with the help of information management and technical assistance for newborn screening programs.
Evaluation of Screening Methods Helps in Policy Recommendations for New Treatments
Healthcare providers in the newborn screening market are setting their collaboration wheels in motion to assess the current state of pediatric screening. Rare disease-focused organizations such as the EveryLife Foundation for Rare Diseases, Retrophin, Inc., BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc., Orchard Therapeutics Inc., and Sarepta Therapeutics have joined forces to evaluate the capacity of newborn screening in the U.S. Timely diagnosis to all newborns who may benefit from new treatments requires careful evaluation from healthcare organizations.
The evaluation by organizations in the newborn screening market will ensure policy recommendations that enable equitable access to newborn screening for all babies in the U.S.
Point-of-care Sickle Cell Screening Tools Reduce Mortality in Africa
Companies in the newborn screening market are expanding their revenue streams for babies with rare diseases. The European Commission is gaining recognition for shortening the path to rare disease diagnosis by increasing funding and tender opportunities for newborn screening and digital technologies. This is evident since thousands of distinct rare diseases are affecting a significant amount of newborns in Europe.
Moreover, Nigeria is gaining popularity for introducing its $2 10-minute rapid point-of-care tool, which has the potential to transform sickle cell screening for newborns. Thus, healthcare providers are unlocking growth opportunities in Africa to reduce child mortality with the help of innovations in sickle cell screening. The integration of newborn screening into existing primary healthcare immunization programs is being achieved within limited resources in Africa.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Newborn Screening Market
The safe follow-up on newborn screening results has become a priority for healthcare providers and individuals during the COVID-19 outbreak. Rapid point-of-care tools are replacing conventional screening methods of collecting blood samples on a filter paper in cases of newborns suffering from sickle cell anemia. Despite many achievements, significant delays between the screening and the availability of the treatment are inhibiting growth of the newborn screening market. Hence, healthcare organizations should collaborate on R&D to make advancements in diagnostic medical technologies to reduce morbidity and mortality rate of newborns. Efforts should be made to increase the connectivity between state public health newborn screening programs and healthcare providers.
Newborn Screening Market: Overview
- Newborn screening entails the screening of newborns in the first days of their lives for inborn errors of metabolism and certain disorders that can hinder their normal development
- These disorders are not apparent at the time of baby's birth, but have the potential to cause permanent neurological, cognitive, tactile, and physical damage to the child. Early detection of such diseases enables initiation of suitable intervention to prevent permanent health issues for the child.
- Different types of tests are used in the diagnosis of newborn disorders, including dry blood spot test, hearing screen test, critical congenital heart disease (CCHD) test, X ray or CT scan, and electrocardiogram (ECG)
- The global newborn screening market has been expanding significantly due to the rise in prevalence of critical congenital heart defects and improved & precise diagnosis of NICU diseases
Newborn Screening Market: Drivers
- Rise in prevalence and incidence of critical congenital heart defects, such as pulmonary atresia and tricuspid atresia are driving the demand for newborn screening. According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), an estimated 1% or about 40,000 births are affected by congenital heart defects each year in the U.S. alone. About one in four babies with CHD suffers from critical CHD. Infants with critical CHDs generally need surgery or other procedures in their first year of life.
- Market players in the newborn screening are introducing new and advanced products based on upgraded techniques. This has enabled improved and precise diagnosis of infants suffering from critical congenital heart diseases. Advancements in point of care diagnostic devices and rise in emphasis on early diagnosis are likely to boost the global newborn screening market during the forecast period.
Newborn Screening Market: Segmentation
- In terms of product, the global newborn screening market has been bifurcated into instruments and assay kits. The instruments segment has been split into tabletop and point-of-care testing. The instruments segment is anticipated to dominate the global newborn screening market during the forecast period.
- Based on test type, the global newborn screening market has been classified into dry blood spot test, hearing screen test, critical congenital heart disease (CCHD) test, X-ray or CT scan, electrocardiogram (ECG) test, and others
- Based on end user, the global newborn screening market has been segregated into hospitals, diagnostic centers, maternity & specialty clinics, and others. The hospitals segment dominated the global newborn screening market in terms of revenue in 2019.
- Each of the segments has been analyzed in detail for market trends, recent trends, and developments, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and useful insights. The global newborn screening report provides current and expected revenue (US$ Mn) for each of these segments from 2017 to 2031, considering 2019 as the base year. The compound annual growth rate (% CAGR) has been provided for each segment and the market from 2021 to 2031, along with market size estimations.
Newborn Screening Market: Regional Overview
- In terms of region, the global newborn screening market has been divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. These regions have been divided into major countries and sub-regions.
- The current and expected revenue (US$ Mn) of the newborn screening market in these regions and their major countries have been provided in the report from 2017 to 2031, with CAGRs from 2021 to 2031
- The study also offers a list of recommendations, highlights, and useful insights of the global newborn screening market, which would help new companies willing to enter the global newborn screening market and existing companies to increase their market share and in the decision-making process
Newborn Screening Market: Major Players
- The newborn screening market report concludes with the company profiles section, which includes key information about major players in the global newborn screening market
- Leading players analyzed in the global newborn screening market report include
- PerkinElmer, Inc.
- Trivitron Healthcare
- Natus Medical Incorporated
- Medtronic Plc
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- GE Healthcare (General Electric Company)
- ZenTech S.A.
- MP BIOMEDICALS
- Baebies, Inc.
- Each of these players has been profiled in the newborn screening market report based on parameters such as company overview, financial overview, business strategies, product portfolio, business segments, and recent developments
Newborn Screening Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global newborn screening market studies the past as well as the current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the indicators for the market during the forecast period from 2021 to 2031. The report provides revenue of the global newborn screening market for the period 2017–2031, considering 2019 as the base year and 2031 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) of the global newborn screening market from 2021 to 2031.
The report has been prepared after an extensive research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with key opinion leaders, industry leaders, and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the newborn screening market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various attributes of the global newborn screening market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Moreover, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global newborn screening market. These serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global newborn screening market.
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global newborn screening market. Key players operating in the global newborn screening market are identified and each one of these is profiled in terms of various attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are the attributes of players in the global newborn screening market profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Newborn Screening Market Report
- What is the sales/revenue generated by newborn screening across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are the opportunities in the global newborn screening market?
- What are major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats in the market?
- Which regional market is set to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which product segment is expected to generate the highest revenue globally in 2031? Which segment is projected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period?
- What is the market position of different companies operating in the global market?
Newborn Screening Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global newborn screening market begins with an overview, followed by the scope and objectives of the study. The report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind this study and key vendors and distributors operating in the market and regulatory scenario for approval of products.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into smaller ones. The report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of the market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the global newborn screening market in terms of product, test type, end user, and region. Key segments under each criteria are studied at length, and the market share for each of these at the end of 2031 has been provided. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investment in the global newborn screening market.
Newborn Screening Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global newborn screening market includes information divided into four segments: product, test type, end user, and region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these segments of the global newborn screening market are discussed in detail.