HDPE Pipes Market
HDPE Pipes Market (Material: PE 80, PE 100, and Others; and Application: Agriculture, Water Network, Oil & Gas Pipeline, Sewage/Drainage, Ducting, Chemicals Processing, and Others) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Surge in Demand for Non-toxic HDPE Pipes to Bolster Market Growth
High density polyethylene (HDPE) pipes are made from HDPE- a synthetic polymer that is derived from petroleum and extensively used to produce water pipes, corrosion resistant piping solutions, plastic bottles, etc. The demand for HDPE has witnessed consistent growth over the past few years, due to optimum life span and durability. Moreover, as HDPE is non-toxic and eco-friendly, the demand for HDPE pipes continues to grow at an impressive pace. The increasing demand for environment-friendly products coupled with the stringent regulatory framework pertaining to environmental degradation has led to considerable growth of the global HDPE pipes market over the past few years– a trend that is anticipated to continue during the assessment period.
HDPE pipes are increasingly being used across residential, industrial, as well as commercial sectors worldwide due to which, the growth prospects of the market offer a positive outlook. Agriculture, fishing, and chemical products industries are among the most prominent end users of HDPE pipes. The oil & gas sector is another industrial domain that is likely to provide a plethora of opportunities to players operating in the current HDPE pipes market landscape.
At the back of these factors, along with the growing emphasis on wastewater treatment and development of modern drinking water networks across urban areas, particularly in developing regions, the HDPE pipes market is expected to reach 32.7 Bn mark by the end of 2030.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Automotive Heat Shield Market
Favorable Physical and Functional Properties Drive Adoption
The increasing use of HDPE pipes in a host of applications across a spectrum of industries can be attributed to optimum physical and functional properties. HDPE pipes are robust and provide resistance to high impact against static loads due to which, the demand continues to witness consistent growth. Due to the non-toxic nature of HDPE pipes, adoption levels have risen mainly for the conveyance of potable water due to which, the HDPE pipes market is anticipated to grow at a steady pace during the assessment period. The chemical sector is a prominent end-use industry of HDPE pipes, as HDPE is passive to chemicals and provides optimum resistance to toxic chemicals.
Some of the other factors that are likely to drive the demand for HDPE pipes in upcoming years include optimum electrical resistance, flexibility, lightweight, and durability. Technical and economic benefits offered by HDPE pipes and ducts in comparison with conventional pipes are expected to shape the growth trajectory of the global HDPE pipes market during the assessment period.
Widening Applications of HDPE Pipes to Augment Sales
The deployment of HDPE pipes or piping systems for use in industrial water and municipal water applications has witnessed exponential rise worldwide. In recent years, HDPE pipes have been increasingly used in ground source geothermal applications due to which, the global HDPE pipes market is likely to witness consistent growth. The increasing emphasis laid down by municipal corporations around the world, particularly in developing regions, has augmented the demand for HDPE pipes for use in a range of applications, including sewage systems, potable water systems, and reclaimed water. The oil & gas sector is likely to remain one of the most prominent end-use sectors within the HDPE pipes market during the assessment period due to consistent surge in the demand from oilrigs worldwide.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Demand for HDPE Pipes to Remain Steady amid COVID-19 Pandemic
The COVID-19 outbreak is expected to have a moderate impact on the overall growth of the global HDPE pipes market during the assessment period. Stringent lockdown measures in various parts of the world, restrictions on cross-border trade and transportation, and economic uncertainty around the world are some of the major factors that are likely to hinder the growth of the market for HDPE pipes during the assessment period. The market is likely to recover toward the third quarter of 2020, as the industrial domain around the world is gradually gaining momentum post the lockdown period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on HDPE Pipes Market
The global HDPE pipes market is expected to expand at a healthy CAGR of ~6% during the forecast period. The market growth can be primarily attributed to increasing demand for HDPE pipes from a host of industrial sectors such as oil & gas, water networks, agriculture, chemical processing, etc. Furthermore, optimum physical and functional properties of HDPE pipes compared to conventional pipes are anticipated to augment sales during the assessment period.
HDPE Pipes Market: Overview
- High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) pipes are premier mediums of conveying and transporting chemicals, water, and gases. One of the major advantages of utilizing HDPE pipes is that they are six to eight times lighter than conventional cast iron and galvanized iron pipes. Additionally, HDPE pipes are non-corrosive. Thus, they are suitable for water transportation.
- HDPE pipes are often used as substitutes to various metal pipes such as steel, copper, and iron pipes. They are often used as substitutes for various plastic pipes such as polyvinyl chloride (PVC), chlorinated polyvinyl chloride (CPVC), and polypropylene (PP) pipes.
- HDPE pipes are employed in diverse applications, including agriculture, water distribution, oil & gas pipelines, sewage & drainage systems, and chemical processing
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global HDPE pipes market for the historical year 2019 and the forecast period 2020 to 2030, rise in usage of HDPE pipes in drainage & sewage systems and increase in application of HDPE pipes in the agriculture sector are key factors expected to boost the global HDPE pipes market during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the global HDPE pipes market is expected to reach US$ 32.7 Bn by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of ~6% during the forecast period
Usage of HDPE Pipes for Water and Wastewater Treatment: A Key Driver
- Currently, HDPE pipes are extensively employed in the sewage & drainage systems. HDPE pipes are widely used in drain-waste-vent (DWV), sewers, water service lines, water mains, conduits, and industrial installations. Significant demand for HDPE pipes in various industries and infrastructure development occurring in developing countries are projected to drive the demand for these pipes across the globe during the forecast period.
- EPA, REACH, and other regulatory bodies have formulated separate guidelines for use of various plastic material in several industries in order to safeguard the interest of consumers. This has fueled the demand for HDPE pipes in various applications. Demand for HDPE pipes rose significantly in 2019, owing to the expansion of construction and irrigation sectors in Asia Pacific.
Increase in Applications of PE 100 Pipes
- Based on type, the PE 100 segment dominated the global HDPE pipes market in 2019. PE 100 pipes are easy to install, light, flexible, and corrosion free. They have a service life of up to 100 years. These pipes are primarily used as wastewater or drainage pipes, solids are transported with water. This can result in solids rubbing along the pipe invert. PE100 has the ideal abrasion resistance among the commonly used pressure pipe materials.
Rise in Applications of HDPE Pipes in Sewage/Drainage
- Based on application, the sewage/drainage segment accounted for major share of the global HDPE pipes market in 2019. The segment is expected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period, owing to a strong demand for HDPE pipes, led by its properties such as corrosion resistance, flexibility, and high strength.
- Rise in government investment in improving sanitation coverage and growth in awareness about safety and hygiene are also key factors estimated to drive the HDPE pipes market in the near future. Furthermore, governments across the globe are focusing more on water conservation. This is also a key factor boosting the demand for HDPE pipes.
- HDPE pipes are extensively employed in the distribution of oil & gas, as these pipes are inherently tough, resilient, and resistant to damage caused by external loads and vibrations. This is estimated to fuel the demand for HDPE pipes across the globe in the near future.
HDPE Pipes Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of HDPE pipes have been included in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global HDPE pipes market are
- Dow Chemical Company
- Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc.
- Apollo Pipes
- Supreme Pipes
- Watts Water Technologies, Inc.
- Uponor Oyj
- WL Plastics
HDPE Pipes Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of HDPE pipes, such as Dow Chemical Company, Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc., Apollo Pipes, and Supreme Pipes, are focusing on capacity expansion and cost-effective production of HDPE pipes. Few other key developments in the global HDPE pipes market are highlighted below:
- Watts Water Technologies, Inc. is continuously engaged in the development of new products and technologies in water treatment & piping industries. In line with this, the company invested approximately US$ 34.5 Mn, US$ 29.0 Mn, and US$ 26.5 Mn in 2018, 2017, and 2016, respectively.
- In the global HDPE pipes market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of hall-effect sensor systems. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global HDPE pipes market.
HDPE Pipes Market – Scope of the Report
The latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the global HDPE pipes market in order to accurately gauge its future growth. The study presents detailed information about the important growth factors, restraints, and trends that are creating a landscape for the growth of the global HDPE pipes market to identify growth opportunities for market stakeholders. The report also provides insightful information about how the global HDPE pipes market would expand during the forecast period of 2020 to 2030.
The report offers intricate dynamics about different aspects of the global HDPE pipes market, which aids companies operating in the market in making strategic development decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on significant changes that are highly anticipated to configure the growth of the global HDPE pipes market during the forecast period. It also includes a key indicator assessment that highlights growth prospects of the global HDPE pipes market and estimates statistics related to growth of the market in terms of value (US$ Mn) and volume (million meters).
This study covers a detailed segmentation of the global HDPE pipes market, along with key information and a competitive outlook. The report mentions company profiles of players that are currently dominating the global HDPE pipes market, wherein various developments, expansions, and winning strategies practiced and implemented by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on HDPE Pipes Market
The report provides detailed information about the global HDPE pipes market on the basis of a comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating the growth potential of the global market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently operating in the market and are looking for innovative methods to create a unique benchmark in the global HDPE pipes market, so as to help them design successful strategies and make target-driven decisions.
- Which application segment of the global HDPE pipes market would emerge as a major revenue generator during the forecast period?
- How are key market players successfully earning revenues out of advantages of HDPE pipes?
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the global HDPE pipes market between 2020 and 2030?
- What are the winning imperatives of leading players operating in the global HDPE pipes market?
- Which type segment is expected to create lucrative opportunities for the global HDPE pipes market during the forecast period?
- Which are leading companies operating in the global HDPE pipes market?
Research Methodology – HDPE Pipes Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for compiling the global HDPE pipes market report is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the market-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible resources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts for the global HDPE pipes market.
During the primary research phase, analysts interviewed market stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. Based on data obtained through interviews of genuine resources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the global HDPE pipes market.
For secondary research, analysts scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the global HDPE pipes market.
HDPE Pipes Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study assesses the global HDPE pipes market in terms of type, application, and region. This report presents extensive market dynamics and trends associated with different segments of the market and how they are influencing growth prospects for the global HDPE pipes market.