Implantable Medical Devices Market
Implantable Medical Devices Market (Product - Reconstructive Joint Replacement, Spinal Implants, Dental Implants, and Cardiovascular Implants; Material - Titanium, Stainless Steel, Titanium Alloy, CoCr Alloy, and Zirconium) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global Implantable Medical Devices market for the historical period 2017–2018 and forecast period 2019–2027. Increase in prevalence of coronary arterial diseases (CADs), rise in demand for minimally invasive procedures and rise in geriatric population are projected to drive the global market during the forecast period.
- According to the report, the global implantable medical devices market was valued at US$ 37,700.8 Mn in 2018 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 4.6 % from 2019 to 2027. In terms of volume, the global implantable medical devices were accounted at 10,712,732 units in 2018.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Implantable Medical Devices Market
Rise in prevalence of coronary arterial diseases (CADs): Key Drivers
- The number of patients suffering from chronic degenerative ailments such as arthritis and chronic cardiac disease is increasing rapidly
- In many instances patients cannot be cured by pharmacological treatments. These implants can prove to be life savers. The baby boomers have increased with time. This will lead to high prevalence of chronic degenerative diseases, which in turn will increase demand for implantable devices
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Rising incidences of Dental Problems: Key Drivers
- Intake of junk/unhealthy food has increased across the globe in the past few years. This has had an adverse effect on the population’s overall health and even dental health. Hence, people are opting for dental implants. The dental implants are also utilized in orthodontics and periodontics as well.
Increase in Usage of Substitute Materials for Implants to Hamper Market
- Development of substitutes of traditional materials used in the manufacture of implants will lead to intense competition among companies that manufacture medical implants. Ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMWE) or high density polyethylene are popularly being used in orthopedic implants
Global Implantable Medical Devices Market: Competitive Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global implantable medical devices market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- The global implantable medical devices market is highly fragmented, with the presence of a number of international as well as regional players
- Leading players operating in the global Implantable Medical Devices market are
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Danaher Corporation
- Dentsply Sirona
- Institut Straumann AG
- Johnson & Johnson Services Inc
- Smith & Nephew
- Terumo Corporation
- Zimmer Biomet
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Global Implantable Medical Devices Market: Key Developments
Key players in the global implantable medical devices market are engaged in regulatory approvals, technologically advanced products, launch of new products, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies are likely to fuel the growth of the global implantable medical devices market. A few expansion strategies adopted by players operating in the global implantable medical devices market are:
- In January 2018, Zimmer Biomet launched Sidus Stem-Free Shoulder system, a total shoulder arthroplasty solution that allows the restoration of a range of motions through its strong clinical performance. This enabled the company to expand its product offering to customers in shoulder arthroplasty
- In September 2016, the company entered into an agreement to acquire the assets of Instratek, an orthopedic implants and endoscopic instrumentation manufacturer. This acquisition enabled the company strengthen its leadership in the forefoot and upper extremity segment
- In March 2015, Smith & Nephew plc acquired EuroCiencia Colombia (ECC), which has been Smith & Nephew's sole distributor for orthopedic reconstruction, trauma, and sports medicine products in Colombia since 2006
The report on the global implantable medical devices market discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of implantable medical devices. The competitive landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global implantable medical devices market.
TMR’s report on the global implantable medical devices market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides revenue (US$ Mn) and volume (Units) of the global implantable medical devices market for the period 2017–2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global implantable medical devices market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global implantable medical devices market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, company presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global implantable medical devices market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global implantable medical devices market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global implantable medical devices market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global implantable medical devices market. Key players operating in the global implantable medical devices market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global implantable medical devices market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Global Implantable Medical Devices Market Report
- What is the scope of product companies in the global implantable medical devices market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global implantable medical devices market between 2019 and 2027?
- How many implantable medical devices were used in 2018 across the globe?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the global implantable medical devices market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for implantable medical devices providers?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the growth of the global implantable medical devices market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global implantable medical devices market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global implantable medical devices market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary methods referred to by analysts during the production of the global implantable medical devices market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the implantable medical devices market as primary methods.
These primary and secondary methods have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the implantable medical devices market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global implantable medical devices market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenues (US$ Mn) and volume (units) for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global implantable medical devices market more reliably and accurately.
Regional Segmentation of Implantable Medical Devices Market
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Global Implantable Medical Devices Market - Segmentation
Ambulatory Surgery Centers
Middle East & Africa