GAS Pharyngitis Diagnostics Market
GAS Pharyngitis Diagnostics Market (Product: Rapid Test Kit, Culture Test, and PCR-based Test; and End User: Hospitals, Physician Clinics, and Diagnostics Laboratories) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Rising Number of Deaths Due to Rheumatic Heart Diseases to Accelerate Market Growth
As per the report published by the U.S. National Health Statistics Report, GAS pharyngitis is one of the primary causes that has led to an increase in the number of patients being admitted to the emergency ward in the country. Moreover, group A beta-hemolytic streptococcus is one of the leading causes of streptococcal pharyngitis among adults and children. The diagnosis of strep throat is imperative and increasingly gaining momentum, owing to a surge in the number of deaths due to chronic rheumatic heart disease. GAS pharyngitis diagnostics has, thus, received a great amount of attention over the past few years and gained considerable traction across diagnostic laboratories, hospitals, and physician clinics worldwide.
Companies in the GAS pharyngitis diagnostics market are affected by a range of challenges. At present, one of the biggest challenges within the GAS pharyngitis diagnostics market is providing accurate, efficient, and accessible diagnostics. However, with significant groundwork, an influx of new training programs, growing support from government organizations, and promising outcome from R&D activities, GAS pharyngitis diagnostics is likely to gain significant momentum during the forecast period. Due to these factors, the global GAS pharyngitis diagnostics market is expected to attain a market value of ~US$ 204 Mn by the end of 2027.
Rapid Test Kits to Retain Popularity; Culture Tests Gain Ground
GAS pharyngitis diagnostics continues to remain a major challenge due to which, opting for the right treatment remains a constant roadblock. In the current scenario, antibiotics are primarily used to treat pharyngitis from bacterial infection. However, due to the significant rise in antimicrobial resistance, the adoption of antibiotics is declining-a factor that is expected to encourage research activities and finding an accurate diagnosis.
Culture tests are predominantly regarded as the gold standard in the GAS pharyngitis diagnostics market. However, the downside of these culture-based tests includes the large time gap between sample collection and attaining results. Over the past decade, due to a significant amount of research and advancements in the medical field, an array of rapid tests have emerged within the GAS pharyngitis diagnostics market that is predominantly based on immunoassays and in recent times, on molecular assays. While immunoassays, including immunochromatographic assays, optical immunoassays, and enzyme immunoassays are deployed, molecular assays that are based on techniques such as polymerase chain reaction, DNA probes, and fluorescence in situ hybridization are also gaining considerable traction across the world.
Primary factors that are expected to accelerate the demand for rapid tests in the upcoming years include faster diagnostics and prevention of inappropriate use of antibiotics. At present, research and development activities are largely aimed at increasing the accuracy of rapid tests and make them more cost-effective. Despite the growing adoption of rapid tests, culture tests for antimicrobial susceptibility testing will continue to stay in demand. Rapid test kit is set to dominate the GAS pharyngitis diagnostics market in terms of market share and value.
Market Participants Focus on Development of New Assays for Faster Results
For companies operating within the current GAS pharyngitis diagnostics market, improving accuracy and speed of the overall diagnostic procedure is expected to be a major area of interest. Several companies are currently in the process of attaining approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Some of the major players involved in the market, including Quidel Corporation and Abbott, are increasingly allocating funds for the development of new assays and a host of healthcare products. For instance, in October 2018, Abbott revealed that the U.S. FDA approved the company’s Influenza A & B 2 and Strep A 2 molecular assays. In addition, with the development of new assays, GAS pharyngitis diagnostics results can be achieved at a faster rate. In addition, the recently developed assays can be deployed in both patient as well as inpatient settings, such as physician offices, emergency rooms, walk-in clinics, etc. With additional research, new and cost-effective GAS pharyngitis diagnostics solutions that are currently in the research phase are projected to enter the market.
The global GAS pharyngitis diagnostics market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.5% during the forecast period. Some of the key factors that will most likely influence the growth of the market include a consistent growth in the number of GAS pharyngitis patients, high focus on research and development, and promising results offered by rapid test kits and continual support from government bodies worldwide. While culture tests will continue to remain an integral part of the entire GAS pharyngitis diagnostics market, the demand for rapid test kits will remain higher during the forecast period. Companies should continue investing in research and development activities and focus on obtaining approval from the FDA for their new assays.
GAS Pharyngitis Diagnostics Market: Overview
- Pharyngitis is inflammation of the pharynx, which is in the back of the throat. It is most often referred to simply as sore throat. Numerous viral and bacterial agents can cause pharyngitis and GAS pharyngitis is one of the bacterial infections caused by specially group A streptococcus.
- The market for GAS pharyngitis diagnostic is likely to expand significantly, as the incidence of GAS pharyngitis rises, especially among adolescents
- According to Regents of the University of California, every year, more than 600 million cases of pharyngitis are reported worldwide and group A streptococcus (gas) is responsible for more than 30% of pharyngitis infection. Moreover, group A streptococcus (GAS) is the trigger for post-infectious immune-mediated rheumatic heart disease, which kills more than 300,000 people annually.
GAS Pharyngitis Diagnostics: Market Drivers
- Several companies, as a part of strategy, are investing a high proportion of their revenue in pipeline product development with an objective to generate tests with high efficacy, within a short period, along with research in first-in-type test candidates, which is driving the market. For instance, in 2019, GenePOC Inc., received the U.S. FDA clearance for GenePOC Strep A assay. The GenePOC Strep A assay can provide results from up to eight samples as early as within 42 minutes for positive specimens and in approximately 70 minutes for negative specimens, without the need for culture confirmation.
- Moreover, incidence and prevalence of GAS pharyngitis infection are gradually increasing across the globe. For instance, according to the CDC, report 2017, the incident rate of preventable invasive group A streptococcal disease increased from 5.8 per 100,000 in 2016 to 7.26 per 100,000 in 2017. This is also rising the demand for GAS pharyngitis diagnostic.
GAS Pharyngitis Diagnostics: Market Segmentation
- Based on product, the global GAS pharyngitis diagnostics market has been divided into rapid test kit, culture test, and PCR-based test
- Based on end user, the global GAS pharyngitis diagnostics market has been classified into hospitals, physician clinics, and diagnostic laboratories
- Each segment of the GAS pharyngitis diagnostics market has been analyzed in detail for market trends, recent trends, and developments, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and useful insights
- The report (GAS pharyngitis diagnostics) provides current and future revenue (US$ Mn) for each of these segments from 2017 to 2027, considering 2018 as the base year. The compound annual growth rate (%CAGR) has been provided for each segment of GAS pharyngitis diagnostics market from 2019 to 2027, along with market size estimations.
GAS Pharyngitis Diagnostics Market: Regional Overview
- In terms of region, the global GAS pharyngitis diagnostics market has been split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The regions have been further divided into major countries and sub-regions.
- North America is expected to dominate the GAS pharyngitis diagnostics market during the forecast period. The GAS pharyngitis diagnostics market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period.
- The current and future values in terms of revenue (US$ Mn) of these regional markets and their major countries have been provided in the report from 2017 to 2027, with their CAGRs for the period from 2019 to 2027
- The study also offers a list of recommendations, highlights, and useful insights of the GAS pharyngitis diagnostics market which would help new companies willing to enter the GAS pharyngitis diagnostics market and existing companies to increase market shares, and help in the decision-making process
GAS Pharyngitis Diagnostics Market: Major Players
- The report concludes with the company profiles section that includes key information about the major players in the global GAS pharyngitis diagnostics market
- Key players analyzed in this report are
- Quidel Corporation
- Abbott Laboratories
- bioMérieux SA
- Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Beckman Coulter, Inc. (Danaher)
- Meridian Bioscience, Inc.
- DiaSorin S.p.A.
- Sekisui Diagnostics
- Each of these players has been profiled in the report based on parameters such as company overview, financial overview, business strategies, product portfolio, business segments, and recent developments
GAS Pharyngitis Diagnostics Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’S report on the global GAS pharyngitis diagnostics market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the same indicators for the said market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides the overall market revenue of the global GAS pharyngitis diagnostics market for the period of 2017–2027, with 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global GAS pharyngitis diagnostics market for the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involves bulk of research efforts, wherein, analysts carry out interviews with key opinion leaders, industry leaders, and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involves referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global GAS pharyngitis diagnostics market.
Secondary research also includes Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approach to study various phenomena in the global GAS pharyngitis diagnostics market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments and sub-segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on changing competitive dynamics in the global GAS pharyngitis diagnostics market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global GAS pharyngitis diagnostics market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global GAS pharyngitis diagnostics market. Key players operating in the global GAS pharyngitis diagnostics market have been identified and each one of them has been profiled for their distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOTs are some of the attributes of players in the global GAS pharyngitis diagnostics market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in GAS Pharyngitis Diagnostics Market Report
- What is the sales/revenue generated by each product type across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are the opportunities in the global GAS pharyngitis diagnostics market?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats in the market?
- Which region is likely to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which test kit types are expected to generate the highest revenue globally in 2027? Which segment is projected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period?
- What was the market share or position of different companies operating in the global market in 2018?
GAS Pharyngitis Diagnostics Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global GAS pharyngitis diagnostics market begins with an overview of the said market, followed by the scope and objectives of this study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind this study, technological advancement in different kits, pricing of the test, user of the systems in the year 2018, and key mergers & acquisitions to combat in the market.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into small sections. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the global GAS pharyngitis diagnostics market in terms of product, end user, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length, and the market share for each of them at the end of 2027 has been provided herein. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investment in the global GAS pharyngitis diagnostics market.
GAS pharyngitis diagnostics Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global GAS pharyngitis diagnostics market includes information divided into three sections ? product, end user, and region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these sections of the global GAS pharyngitis diagnostics market have been discussed in detail.
Rapid Test Kit
Middle East & Africa