Antimicrobial Susceptibility Test Market
Antimicrobial Susceptibility Test Market (Product Type - Tests and Kits, Culture Media, Automated Test Systems, Consumables; Method - Broth Dilution Method, Rapid Automated Method, Disk Diffusion Method, Gradient Diffusion Method, Molecular Testing Method; Test Type - Antibacterial, Antifungal, Antiparasitics; Application - Clinical Diagnosis, Drug Discovery and Development; End use - Diagnostic Laboratories and Hospitals, Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies, Research and Academic Institutes, and Contract Research Organizations) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global antimicrobial susceptibility test market for the historical period 2017–2018 and forecast period 2019–2027, investments in cutting edge research; rising emphasis on remedies for drug and environmental concerns, increasing incidence of infectious diseases and rising antibiotic resistance are projected to drive the global antimicrobial susceptibility test market during the forecast period.
- According to the report, the global antimicrobial susceptibility test market was valued at US$ 2,770.9 Mn in 2018 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 4.9% from 2019 to 2027
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Antimicrobial Susceptibility Test Market
Increasing Microbial Resistance and Surge in Government Funding to drive the Global market: Key Drivers
- Antimicrobial resistance mechanism are emerging and spreading at a global front, which enables the ways to treat common infectious diseases thus results prolonged illness, disability and at times fatal. Antimicrobial resistance is a complex situation affecting individuals of all ages and races.
- According to U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimated, antibacterial resistance is responsible for over 2 million infections and 23,000 deaths in the U.S. each year and an estimated 25,000 deaths due to antibacterial-resistant infections in Europe. Hence, demand for newer broad spectrum antibacterial drugs is rising. Over 480,000 new cases of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis (MDR-TB) were reported by the WHO in 100 countries in 2013. This increasing microbial resistance is creating a demand for antimicrobial susceptibility tests, contributing to the growth of the global market.
- Due to the alarming rise of antibacterial resistance and sparse availability of antibacterial drugs which could cater for the treatment of new infections has been noticed by WHO and other government bodies thus WHO has proposed a new Antibiotic Innovation Funding Mechanism where the government would fund grants and innovation induced prizes which would reward upstream innovation, interim trial results and also the end product results
- Governments in several countries are taking initiatives for the allocation of funds needed to create a sustainable and predictable market
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Lack of return on investment to Hamper Market
- The lack of new, easily identifiable targets, leads to major scientific and technical challenge of new antibacterial drug development increasing the development costs
- Discovery and development of antibacterial has become scientifically more complex, expensive, and time consuming over the time, as the new generation antimicrobial has raised the bar and the drug screening process tend to rediscover the same lead compounds over and over again. Drug companies too spend more than $100 million for a phase III program of each antimicrobial drug for a particular indication which would constitute only smaller fraction of the total market
- Antimicrobial drugs are taken for a short period of time to cure the patients unlike other drugs which are used to treat chronic illness and are used for the rest of their lives. This makes antibacterial drugs less lucrative business for drug companies. This lack of return on investment hampers the growth of the global market.
Global Antimicrobial susceptibility test Market: Competitive Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global antimicrobial susceptibility test market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- The global antimicrobial susceptibility test market is highly fragmented, with the presence of a number of international as well as regional players
- Leading players operating in the global antimicrobial susceptibility test market are
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Beckman Coulter, Inc. (Subsidiary of Danaher Corporation)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Creative Diagnostics
- HiMedia Laboratories
- Alifax Holding S.p.A.
- Biotron Healthcare
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Global Antimicrobial susceptibility test Market: Key Developments
Key players in the global antimicrobial susceptibility test market are engaged in regulatory approvals, technologically advanced products, launch of new products, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies are likely to fuel the growth of the global antimicrobial susceptibility test market. A few expansion strategies adopted by players operating in the global antimicrobial susceptibility test market are:
- In December 2017, Beckman Coulter, Inc. announced FDA clearance for its automated Access AMH immunoassay and paramagnetic particle chemiluminescent immunoassay
The report on the global antimicrobial susceptibility test market discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of antimicrobial susceptibility test. The competitive landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global antimicrobial susceptibility test market.
TMR’s report on the global Antimicrobial Susceptibility Test market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides revenue of the global Antimicrobial Susceptibility Test market for the period 2017–2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global Antimicrobial Susceptibility Test market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global Antimicrobial Susceptibility Test market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, company presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global Antimicrobial Susceptibility Test market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global Antimicrobial Susceptibility Test market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global Antimicrobial Susceptibility Test market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global Antimicrobial Susceptibility Test market. Key players operating in the global Antimicrobial Susceptibility Test market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global Antimicrobial Susceptibility Test market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Global Antimicrobial Susceptibility Test Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of product companies in the global Antimicrobial Susceptibility Test market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global Antimicrobial Susceptibility Test market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the global Antimicrobial Susceptibility Test market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for Antimicrobial Susceptibility Test providers?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the growth of the global Antimicrobial Susceptibility Test market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global Antimicrobial Susceptibility Test market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global Antimicrobial Susceptibility Test market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary methods referred to by analysts during the production of the global Antimicrobial Susceptibility Test market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the Antimicrobial Susceptibility Test market as primary methods.
These primary and secondary methods have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the Antimicrobial Susceptibility Test market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global Antimicrobial Susceptibility Test market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenues for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global Antimicrobial Susceptibility Test market more reliably and accurately.
Regional Segmentation of Antimicrobial Susceptibility Test Market
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Global Antimicrobial Susceptibility Test Market - Segmentation
Kits, Reagents & Consumables
Automated Test System
Broth Dilution Method
Rapid Automated Method
Disk Diffusion Method
Gradient Diffusion Method
Molecular Testing Method
Drug Discovery and Development
Diagnostic Laboratories and Hospitals
Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
Research and Academic Institutes
Contract Research Organizations
Middle East & Africa