Freight Forwarding Market: Introduction
- Freight forwarding is a business that organizes shipments for individuals or corporations to get goods from the manufacturer to a customer or a final point of distribution. Freight forwarders specialize in lowering costs and facilitating the logistics of transportation. In other words, a freight forwarder is responsible for transportation of goods from one destination to another. Such companies specialize in arranging the entire process for the shippers.
Key Drivers of the Global Freight Forwarding Market
- Growth in international trade volumes is one of the major growth drivers of the freight forwarding market. Increasing number of trade agreements, especially among emerging economies is a key factor driving the growth of international trade. Additionally, a booming e-commerce market has helped in augmenting trade activities, thereby resulting in increasing growth of the freight forwarding market.
- Furthermore, integrated services offered by freight forwarders is another key factor responsible for the growth of the freight forwarding market. Apart from transportation of cargo, freight forwarders also provide other integrated services such as packaging, insurance, and documentation. Thus, availability of a wide range of services have also resulted in propelling the growth of the freight forwarding market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Technological advancement in freight forwarding anticipated to create lucrative opportunities for the market
- Of late, technological advancement in freight forwarding services have created immense efficiencies worldwide. One such technology is Internet of Things (IoT) that has reshaped the freight shipping industry. IoT enables the freight industry to effectively track shipments as well as condition of the shipments. Apart from IoT, advanced machine learning, and cloud based solutions etc. are some of the other key technologies that are being introduced to enhance freight shipping efficiency.
Asia Pacific Offers Growth Avenues for the Global Freight Forwarding Market
- Geographically, the global freight forwarding market can be divided into five regions: North America (NA), Europe (EU), Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America (SA).
- Countries in North America and Europe are home to some of the key global freight forwarding service providers. DHL, Kuehne + Nagel Inc. etc. are some of the key global players in North America and Europe.
- Asia Pacific region on the other hand is anticipated to create lucrative opportunities in the next couple of years. Increasing industrialization, rising emerging economies, and adoption of online e-commerce portals are anticipated to be some of the prime reasons for the growth of the freight forwarding service market.
- Other regions such as South America and Middle East & Africa have strong potential growth for the Freight Forwarding market.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market:
The global freight forwarding market is moderately fragmented with presence of many key global players coupled with presence of many regional freight forwarding service providers. A few of the key players operating in the global freight forwarding market includes:
- DHL Supply Chain
- Kuehne + Nagel Inc.
- DB SCHENKER
- Sinotrans India Private Limited.
- DSV Panalpina A/S
- Expeditors International of Washington, Inc.
- Nippon Express Co., Ltd.
- United Parcel Service of America, Inc.
- Bolloré Logistics
- CEVA Logistics
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Freight Forwarding Market, Request for a Sample
Global Freight Forwarding Market: Research Scope
Global Freight Forwarding Market, by Service Type
- Freight Transportation
- Others (Value Added Services – Custom Clearance, Inventory Management etc.)
Global Freight Forwarding Market, by Mode of Transportation
Global Freight Forwarding Market, by Logistics Model
- First Party Logistics
- Second Party Logistics
- Third Party Logistics
Global Freight Forwarding Market, by Customer Type
Global Freight Forwarding Market, by Application
- Industrial and Manufacturing
- Media & Entertainment
- Oil & Gas
- Food & Beverages
- Others (Agro Commodities, Government and Public Utilities, & Fertilizer, Jewelry, etc.)
Global Freight Forwarding Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.