Flowable Hemostats Market
Flowable Hemostats Market (Material: Porcine Gelatin and Bovine Gelatin; Application: General Surgery, Cardiac Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Neuro & Spine Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, and Others; and End User: Hospitals, Clinics, and Ambulatory Surgery Centers) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Philanthropic Support and Continuous Supply of Hemostats Crucial amidst COVID-19 Pandemic
Healthcare companies in the flowable hemostats market are increasing the supply of life-sustaining medicines and medical devices such as flowable hemostats amidst dire times of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. They are expanding job opportunities for individuals to help meet increased product demand. Increasing product supply chain is one of the key focus points for companies in the flowable hemostats market, since COVID-19 is challenging communities and healthcare systems around the world. Manufacturers are maximizing their production activities by making hemostats and other medical devices available round the clock.
In-house medical teams of med-tech companies are actively working with governments, clinicians, and healthcare systems to understand unique challenges created by COVID-19. Leading med-tech companies are extending philanthropic support by providing financial support to frontline healthcare workers and communities. They are extending geographic-specific support in order to improve clinical outcomes.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Flowable Hemostats Market
Fully Stocked Inventory Creates Consistency in Supply Chains for Surgeons
Establishing a robust supply chain has helped med-tech companies in the flowable hemostats market to gain a competitive edge over other market players. As such, the market is highly consolidated with only three players accounting for a combined market share of ~97% during the forecast period. Hence, manufacturers are building their inventory to meet requirements in difficult-to-access bleeding situations. For instance, global leaders in consumer healthcare and medical devices are strengthening their supply for flowable hemostats by entering into strategic partnerships with distributors.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Companies in the flowable hemostats market are developing devices that work fast and improve visibility. Fast mechanism of advanced flowable hemostats helps to stop difficult-to-access bleeding in less time. Thus, surgeons can count on a fully stocked inventory with a consistent supply of hemostats. Gelatin matrix hemostats are acquiring prominence in the market, as the total combined revenue of porcine and bovine gelatin materials is estimated to reach ~US$ 1 Bn by the end of 2027.
High Demand for Flowable Hemostats in Partial Splenectomy after Penetrating Trauma
Hemostatic agents are in high demand for prehospital hemorrhage control. As such, the revenue of general surgery applications is the highest in the flowable hemostats market. This has fueled the demand for thrombin-gelatin hemostatic matrix in devices, owing to its safety and efficacy profiles. For instance, Baxter International— a leading manufacturer of products for treatment of life-threatening conditions is gaining popularity for its FLOSEAL Hemostatic Matrix, which is better than microporous polysaccharide powder materials. Companies in the flowable hemostats market are increasing efforts to introduce special applicator syringe in devices.
Thrombin-gelatin hemostatic matrix in flowable hemostats are being highly publicized in cardiovascular surgeries, hepatic surgeries, and endoscopic sinus surgeries. There is a growing demand for flowable hemostats that deploy effective hemostasis in partial splenectomy after penetrating trauma. Tranexamic acid-loaded starch microspheres hold promising potentials in hemostatic stability. Likewise, drug-loaded materials are projected to show better hemostatic performance in comparison with commercial hemostat made of microporous polysaccharide hemispheres.
Clinically Proven Hemostats Gain Popularity Due to Stringent Federal Regulations
The flowable hemostats market is expected to expand at a CAGR of ~6% during the assessment period. However, restriction of sales under the federal U.S. law is a challenge that med-tech companies need to overcome. Stringent regulations can inhibit growth of the U.S. flowable hemostats market, which is anticipated to dictate the highest revenue among all regions in the market landscape. Hence, manufacturers are increasing the availability of clinically proven flowable hemostats. For instance, Teleflex Incorporated— the global provider of medical technologies is increasing awareness about its clinically-backed D-Stat® Flowable Hemostat, which helps to reduce incidence of hematoma formation in pulse generator implants.
Med-tech companies are increasing their R&D activities in flowable procoagulants that promote hemostasis by initiating the body’s own clotting mechanism. They are increasing the availability of devices that eliminate the need for needles for mixing the materials. Companies are increasing the availability of hemostats that can be topically applied to control bleeding from vascular access sites and percutaneous catheters and tubes.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Companies in the flowable hemostats market are supplying critically needed products via airfreight for fast delivery of products amidst the COVID-19 outbreak. They are increasing production capabilities to develop hemostats that can be used in tissue tract hemostasis post use of vascular closure devices.
Novel hemostats maintain uniformity, consistency, and viscosity in materials from beginning until the end compared to other traditional devices. However, adverse effects of flowable hemostats such as adhesion formation, allergic reaction, and bleeding, among others, are inhibiting market growth. Hence, companies should increase awareness about precautions such as non-utilization of hemostats in the presence of infections to avoid undesirable outcomes in patients.
Flowable Hemostats Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global flowable hemostats market for the historical period 2017–2018 and forecast period 2019–2027, rise in number of trauma and surgical cases is projected to drive the global flowable hemostats market during the forecast period
- According to the report, the global flowable hemostats market was valued at ~US$ 700 Mn in 2018 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~6% from 2019 to 2027
Rise in Number of Trauma and Surgical Cases: Key Driver
- Increase in global trauma and accident cases is a major driver of the global flowable hemostats market
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), an estimated 1.25 million people lose their lives in road traffic accidents across the world every year
- Globally, hemorrhage or excessive bleeding is responsible for over one third of pre-hospital deaths and over 40% of deaths within the first 24 hours
- Moreover, a study conducted by the U.S. Armed Forces suggested that 25% of battlefield fatalities are medically preventable. Nearly 90% of these deaths are due to uncontrolled blood loss.
- Such high number of deaths has induced governments to develop and provide better hemorrhage control systems
- The patient pool with trauma and different chronic diseases is also rising rapidly across the world. This is likely to increase the number of surgical procedures, consequently propelling the global flowable hemostats market.
Increase in Global Geriatric Population Boosts Market Growth
- Increase in the global geriatric population is projected to fuel the demand for hemostats, including flowable hemostats during the forecast period. Rise in geriatric population directly affects the demand for hemostats, primarily due to higher susceptibility to various diseases among the population leading to higher number of surgeries.
- The global geriatric population is increasing rapidly. According to the WHO, the global geriatric population is expected to increase from 524 million in 2010 to 1.5 billion by 2050. Aging increases the need of healthcare, as it renders people prone to cardiovascular diseases such as coronary heart disease, respiratory diseases such as TB and pneumonia, dental caries & oral cancer, and orthopedic conditions such as osteoporosis.
- Most developed countries have high geriatric population. According to the WHO, the geriatric population is expected to rise at a rapid pace in developed countries such as the U.S., the U.K., and Japan.
- Access to various diagnostic and treatment services has improved due to favorable healthcare policies and advancement in healthcare facilities in countries such as the U.S., Japan, the U.K., and other countries in Western Europe. This in turn has increased life expectancy of the population. Increase in geriatric population is anticipated to propel the global flowable hemostats market during the forecast period.
Lack of Awareness in Developing Countries to Hamper Market
- Bleeding disorders account for a significant share of the disease burden in developing countries
- Von Willebrand disease (VWD) is the most common bleeding disorder across the world. According to Health Grades, Inc., about 3 million people with VWD go undiagnosed globally each year. Prevalence of Von Willebrand disease is high in developing countries such as China and India.
- Lack of awareness about bleeding disorders in developing countries is expected to hamper the global flowable hemostats market during the forecast period
Flowable Hemostats Market: Competition Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global flowable hemostats market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- The global flowable hemostats market is highly consolidated, with the presence of small number of players
- Major players operating in the global flowable hemostats market are Johnson & Johnson, Baxter International, Inc., and Teleflex Incorporated
- The report on the global flowable hemostats market discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of flowable hemostats. The competition landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global flowable hemostats market.
Flowable Hemostats Market: Key Developments
- In January 2018, Baxter International agreed to acquire two hemostat and sealant products from Mallinckrodt plc: RECOTHROM, a thrombin topical (recombinant) and PREVELEAK surgical sealant, which are used in vascular reconstruction
Flowable Hemostats Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global flowable hemostats market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators for the market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides the revenue of the global flowable hemostats market for the period 2017–2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of the global flowable hemostats market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after extensive primary and secondary researches. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global flowable hemostats market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global flowable hemostats market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on changing competitive dynamics in the global flowable hemostats market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global flowable hemostats market.
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global flowable hemostats market. Key players operating in the global flowable hemostats market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global flowable hemostats market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Flowable Hemostats Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of companies in the global flowable hemostats market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global flowable hemostats market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the global flowable hemostats market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for flowable hemostats providers?
- Which factors will hamper the growth of the global flowable hemostats market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global flowable hemostats market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct a comprehensive research on the growth of the global flowable hemostats market and arrive at conclusions on the growth prospects of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary sources referred to by analysts during the production of the global flowable hemostats market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who have contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the flowable hemostats market as primary sources.
These primary and secondary sources have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from flowable hemostats market leaders. Access to extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows this report to address specific details and questions about the global flowable hemostats market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenue numbers for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global flowable hemostats market more reliably and accurately.
Flowable Hemostats Market – Segmentation
Neuro & Spine Surgery
Ambulatory Surgery Centers
Middle East & Africa