Fetal Monitoring Systems Market
Fetal Monitoring Systems Market (Product: Systems and Accessories; Mode: External and Internal; Use: Continuous and Intermittent; and End User: Hospitals & Nursing homes, Clinics, and Home Settings) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Non-invasive Wearable Devices Trigger Adoption of Fetal Monitoring Systems
Wearable devices and non-invasive are trending in the healthcare sector. Hence, companies are harnessing advantages of wearable devices in fetal monitoring systems. For instance, a provider of non-invasive technologies Nemo Healthcare announced the launch of Nemo Fetal Monitoring System-a novel wearable device that accurately provides information on fetal and maternal health rate.
Companies in the fetal monitoring systems market are increasing the availability of advanced systems that provide data on fetal, maternal, and uterine activity in a single measurement. This indicates that healthcare companies are focusing on developing systems that suit the convenience of clinicians and patients. Wearable devices are acquiring prominence in the fetal monitoring systems market, owing to their advantages in context to safer births and healthier children.
High prevalence of women with high body mass index has triggered the demand for wearable devices. Non-invasive fetal monitoring systems are growing popular, since they help clinicians to intervene in time to prevent any damage that might occur to the unborn child.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Fetal Monitoring Systems Market
EFM Combined with Machine Learning Help Extract New Discriminating Information
Electronic fetal monitoring (EFM) is becoming increasingly mainstream in the healthcare sector. This trend of EFM has given rise to non-invasive assessment via Doppler ultrasound sensor or by means of fetal ECG (Electrocardiogram) sensor on the fetal scalp. Since external mode segment of the fetal monitoring systems market is projected for exponential growth during the forecast period, companies are strengthening the supply chain for intrauterine pressure sensors to efficiently measure uterine pressure. As such, external sensors are being increasingly used to monitor abdominal wall tension.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Companies in the fetal monitoring systems market need to abide by the guidelines issued by the International Federation of Gynecology & Obstetrics and the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecology to innovate in approaches toward the EFM analysis. Healthcare companies are increasing R&D to gain expertise in modern signal-processing techniques in order to extract new discriminating information that has not been considered before in healthcare. Developments are being made in machine learning research to examine larger sets of correlated features.
Flexible US Transducer Array Measure FHR Independent of FHL
Fetal heart rate (FHR) monitoring using Doppler ultrasound (US) is a common practice to evaluate fetal health via fetal monitoring systems. Hence, companies in the fetal monitoring systems market are increasing the availability of US transducers to efficiently monitor fetal health. However, fetal movement or displacement of the transducer with respect to the fetal heart location (FHL) can lead to issues of frequent signal loss. Frequent repositioning of the US transducer is a cumbersome task, which affects the clinical workflow. Hence, companies in the fetal monitoring systems market are introducing flexible US transducer array to measure FHR independent of the FHL.
Dynamic adaptation of transmission power in the flexible US transducer array has helped to reduce the total acoustic dose transmitted to the fetus. Innovations in the array has catalyzed the demand for fetal monitoring systems, since reduction in power consumption is important for application in ambulatory settings. Healthcare providers are aiming toward computerized analysis of accurate and robust recording of the FHR.
Central and Bedside Fetal Surveillance Systems Allow Efficient Integration with EMRs
The trend of central and bedside fetal surveillance and documentation is surrounding the fetal monitoring systems market. This is evident since hospitals & nursing homes end user segment is expected to lead the fetal monitoring systems market. The global fetal monitoring systems market is estimated to reach a value of ~US$ 3.8 Bn by the end of 2027. Thus, companies are working closely with clinicians to design advanced fetal monitoring systems.
Bedside clinicians, physicians, and nurse managers are increasingly benefiting with the help of central and bedside fetal surveillance in order to document and share vital information to enhance clinical outcomes. There is a growing demand for fetal monitoring systems that easily integrate with electronic medical records (EMRs), thus alleviating the need for cumbersome screen toggling and double entry of data. Companies are developing advanced systems that monitor multiple patients at a given time. This has helped to streamline the workflow in hospital and other healthcare environments.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
The uptake of fetal monitoring systems is growing in clinics and home settings. This is evident after the introduction of non-invasive wearable devices. Companies are entering into cooperation agreement to sell systems that are pending with the FDA clearance. For instance, in June 2019, Clinical Computer Systems, Inc-a provider of electronic fatal surveillance services, announced a cooperation agreement with the Huntleigh Healthcare Limited, the supplier of high quality medical equipment, to sell OBIX BeCA Fetal Monitor, which is pending for FDA 510K approval in the U.S.
EFM has helped to reduce hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy in infants. However, EFM is subject to debate in inter- and intra-subject variation in its interpretation. Hence, companies in the fetal monitoring systems market are increasing their efficacy in machine learning research to improve patient outcomes via EFM.
Fetal Monitoring Systems Market: Overview
- Fetal monitoring is the core of standard fetal monitoring both before and during labor. Fetal monitoring systems produce a continuous paper strip, showing graphs of the fetal heart rate and uterine contractions. In labor, the response of the fetal heart rate to contractions is of particular importance. The market for fetal monitoring systems is likely to expand significantly, as preterm birth continues to be a global concern.
- During birth, the stress of contractions and descent through the birth canal can reduce a baby’s oxygen supply. Most babies can recover and cope. However, each year, around 250 babies in the U.K. die from birth asphyxia (suffocation).
- Diagnosis of fetal distress depends mostly on the paper record of the fetal heart taken electronically during labor
Fetal Monitoring Systems Market: Drivers
- According to the WHO, preterm birth, intrapartum-related complications (birth asphyxia or lack of breathing at birth), infections, and birth defects cause most neonatal deaths. Rise in complications during pregnancy such as prolonged labor, cesarean section delivery, and fetal distress were the determinants of birth asphyxia. This factor boosts the demand for fetal monitoring, thereby increasing the demand for fetal monitoring systems.
- Technological advancements in wearable diagnostic medical devices have led to rise in adoption of fetal monitors among doctors as well as patients. This is estimated to offer significant opportunities to the fetal monitoring systems market.
- Moreover, according to the WHO, preterm birth is a global concern and affects more than 15 million babies, globally per year. This is likely to drive the demand for fetal monitoring systems.
Fetal Monitoring Systems: Market Segmentation
- Based on product, the global fetal monitoring systems market has been divided into systems and accessories. Furthermore, the systems segment is classified into non-portable and portable. In terms of mode, the global fetal monitoring systems market has been segmented into external and internal. In term of use, the fetal monitoring systems market is divided into continuous and intermittent.
- Based on end user, the global fetal monitoring systems market has been classified into hospitals & nursing homes, clinics, and home settings
- Each segment of the fetal monitoring systems market has been analyzed in detail for market trends, recent trends, and developments, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and useful insights
- The report (fetal monitoring systems) provides current and future revenue (US$ Mn) for each of these segments from 2017 to 2027, considering 2018 as the base year. The compound annual growth rate (% CAGR) has been provided for each segment of fetal monitoring systems market from 2019 to 2027, along with market size estimations.
Fetal Monitoring Systems Market: Regional Overview
- In terms of region, the global fetal monitoring systems market has been split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The regions have been further divided into major countries and sub-regions.
- North America is expected to dominate the global fetal monitoring systems market during the forecast period. The fetal monitoring systems market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period.
- The current and future values in terms of revenue (US$ Mn) of these regional markets and their major countries have been provided in the report from 2017 to 2027, with their CAGRs for the period from 2019 to 2027
- The study also offers a list of recommendations, highlights, and useful insights of the fetal monitoring systems market which would help new companies willing to enter the fetal monitoring systems market and existing companies to increase market shares, and help in the decision-making process
Fetal Monitoring Systems Market: Major Players
- The report concludes with the company profiles section that includes key information about the major players in the global fetal monitoring systems market
- Key players analyzed in this report are
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- GE Healthcare
- Mindchild Medical, Inc.
- Nemo Healthcare
- Huntleigh Healthcare Limited (Arjo)
- Edan Instrument Inc.
- Neoventa Medical AB
- Clinical Innovations, LLC.
- SUNRAY MEDICAL APPARATUS CO., LTD
- Each of these players has been profiled in the report based on parameters such as company overview, financial overview, business strategies, product portfolio, business segments, and recent developments
Fetal Monitoring Systems Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’S report on the global fetal monitoring systems market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the same indicators for the said market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides the overall market revenue of the global fetal monitoring systems market for the period of 2017–2027, with 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global fetal monitoring systems market for the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involves bulk of research efforts, wherein, analysts carry out interviews with key opinion leaders, industry leaders, and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involves referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global fetal monitoring systems market.
Secondary research also includes Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approach to study various phenomena in the global fetal monitoring systems market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments and sub-segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on changing competitive dynamics in the global fetal monitoring systems market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global fetal monitoring systems market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global fetal monitoring systems market. Key players operating in the global fetal monitoring systems market have been identified and each one of them has been profiled for their distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOTs are some of the attributes of players in the global fetal monitoring systems market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Fetal Monitoring Systems Market Report
- What is the sales/revenue generated by each product type across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are the opportunities in the global fetal monitoring systems market?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats in the market?
- Which region is likely to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which fetal monitoring systems types are expected to generate the highest revenue globally in 2027? Which segment is projected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period?
- What was the market share or position of different companies operating in the global market in 2018?
Fetal Monitoring Systems Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global fetal monitoring systems market begins with an overview of the said market, followed by the scope and objectives of this study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind this study, technological advancement in different systems, pricing of the systems, user of the systems in the year 2018, and key mergers & acquisitions to combat in the market.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into small sections. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the global fetal monitoring systems market in terms of product, mode, use, end-user, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length, and the market share for each of them at the end of 2027 has been provided herein. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investment in the global fetal monitoring systems market.
Fetal Monitoring Systems Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global fetal monitoring systems market includes information divided into four sections - product, mode, by use, end user, and by region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these sections of the global fetal monitoring systems market have been discussed in detail.
Hospitals & Nursing Homes
Middle East & Africa