Exosome Technologies Market
Exosome Technologies Market (Exosome Type: Loaded Cargo and Non-cargo; Cell Source: HEK293, MSCs, Platelets, Erythrocytes, Natural Killer Cells [NKs], and Others; Indication: Therapeutics and Diagnostics; and End User: Healthcare Providers, Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
- 301 Pages
Use of EV-Viral Interplay for Development of Antiviral Drugs for Evolving Coronavirus Strains
The outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome β-coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) has led to a potential long-lasting global health crisis. Thus, extracellular vesicles (EVs) are emerging as a possible solution for improving lung immunity. Companies in the exosome technologies market are increasing their research for conducting the pathogenesis of various lung diseases and viral infections in order to keep economies running during the COVID-19 outbreak.
New coronavirus strains are creating revenue opportunities for companies in the exosome technologies market, as EVs share structural similarities to viruses. Such an EV-viral interplay holds promising potentials for the development of antiviral drugs and vaccine development. Mesenchymal stem cell-derived EVs are being investigated for the treatment of the novel infection.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Exosome Technologies Market
Appropriate Combination of Several Methods Help Improve Limitations of Exosomes
Compared to synthetic carriers such as nanoparticles and liposomes, the heterogeneity and endogeneity of exosomes demonstrate unique advantages in disease diagnosis and treatment. However, storage stability, low purity, and weak targeting of exosomes are limiting its clinical applications. Hence, companies in the exosome technologies market are increasing their R&D to establish the appropriate combination of several methods to extract and purify exosomes to effectively improve over its limitations.
The exosome technologies market is projected to expand at an astonishing CAGR of ~24% during the assessment period. There is a need to optimize and improvise the exosome loading capacity and methods for enhancing targeting drugs. Companies are increasing efforts to conduct all-round and multi-field researches to analyze the biological functions of exosomes.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Transdermal Delivery of ASC-Exosomes Facilitates Skin Brightening Through Cosmeceuticals
The cellular intelligence communication is gaining prominence in the field of cosmetics. Exosomes derived from human adipose tissue-derived mesenchymal stem/stromal cells (ASC-exosomes) are being investigated for minimizing skin pigmentation. As such, there is a need to improve the transdermal delivery of ASC-exosomes to enable skin brightening through cosmeceuticals in the exosome technologies market.
There is a high prevalence of individuals suffering from hyperpigmentation or hypermelanosis, which is a skin disorder resulting in excessive accumulation of melanin in the skin leaving the skin aesthetically undesirable. Such skin disorders are acting as a key driver for the exosome technologies market. Exosomes derived from mesenchymal stem/stromal cell (MSC) cultures are a promising next-generation cell-free therapeutic option.
Exosomes Regulate CVD Progression via Exchange of Signal Molecules
Exosomes, also known as extracellular vesicles with a lipid bilayer membrane of endosomal origin have become the focus of a large body of research in cardiovascular diseases (CVD) for companies in the exosome technologies market. These EVs serve as carriers for signal molecules responsible for intracellular and inter-organ communication underlying CVD pathophysiology. Moreover, they help to overcome limitations of the stem cell therapy, since exosomes released by progenitor cells are bioactive and act as key mediators for the stem cell therapy of CVD.
Exosomes play a critical role in cardiovascular pathophysiology, as they help to regulate CVD progression via transport and exchange of signal molecules. For instance, exosomes released by cardiac fibroblasts rescue cardiomyocytes from ischemia-reperfusion injury.
Exosomes Possess Huge Potential in Field of Cancer Immunotherapy
Cell-derived nanovesicles also known as exosomes have the potential to increase clinical outcomes in cancer immunotherapy, owing to their advantageous immunogenicity and molecular transfer function. Companies in the exosome technologies market are adopting proprietary manufacturing platforms to develop EVs that help to regulate immune responses. They are boosting their production capabilities to develop exosomes that are derived from tumor cells and immune cells, which exhibit unique composition profiles that are directly linked with anti-cancer immunotherapy.
Exosomes hold promising potentials to deliver their cargoes to targeted cells and influence the phenotype and immune-regulation functions of targeted cells. Thus, companies in the exosome technologies market are gaining awareness that exosomes have huge potential in the field of cancer immunotherapy.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
The ever-evolving COVID-19 strains have plunged pharmaceutical and biotech companies to accelerate vaccine and antiviral therapeutics to capitalize on incremental opportunities. The exosome technologies market is projected to surpass US$ 300 Mn by the end of 2031. However, secretion mechanism and fusion mechanism of exosomes are still unclear. Hence, companies should conduct all-round multi-field researches to analyze its biological functions and lay the foundation for subsequent clinical testing, pharmacokinetics, and toxicology research to enable targeted drug delivery in patients. They should develop exosomes that can be used to produce effective cancer vaccines and targeted antigens.
Exosome Technologies Market: Overview
- This report analyzes the current scenario and future prospects of the global exosome technologies market. Rise in prevalence of chronic diseases, increase in awareness about exosome technologies, and government initiatives are projected to boost the growth of the global exosome technologies market.
- The report includes an elaborate executive summary, which provides a snapshot of various segments of the global exosome technologies market. It also provides information and data analysis of the exosome technologies market about segments based on exosome type, cell source, indication, end user, and region.
- The overview section of the report provides a detailed qualitative analysis of drivers, restraints, and opportunities that affect the global exosome technologies market
- The report includes company profiles, which provide information about their business, product portfolios, and competition landscape in the global exosome technologies market
- The report on the exosome technologies market offers market attractiveness analysis of regions and segments
- The last section of the report comprises quantitative and qualitative analyses on market share/position of key players operating in the global exosome technologies market. It analyzes key competitive strategies adopted by major industry players, thereby presenting a thorough understanding of the competitive scenario in the global exosome technologies market.
Exosome Technologies Market: Key Segments
- In terms of exosome type, the global exosome technologies market has been classified into loaded cargo and non-cargo. The loaded cargo segment has been split into peptide, siRNA, mRNA, miRNA, protein, chemical, and others. The loaded cargo segment accounted for major share of the market in 2020, and the trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period. Increase in specificity of exosome cargo in relation to the cell of origin and surge in the number of applications of loaded cargo are expected to augment the segment.
- Based on cell source, the global exosome technologies market has been categorized into HEK293, MSCs, platelets, erythrocytes, natural killer cells (NKs), and others. The MSCs segment dominated the market in 2020. Exosomes derived from MSCs have both self-renewal capabilities and differentiation potentials. It can be derived from a range of tissues and body fluids, such as adipose tissue, bone marrow (BM), dental pulp, synovial fluid (SF), amniotic fluid (AF), placenta (PL), umbilical cord (UC), umbilical cord blood (UCB).
- In terms of indication, the global exosome technologies market has been bifurcated into therapeutics and diagnostics. Promising future of exosomes in therapeutic applications is likely to drive the therapeutics segment.
- Based on end user, the global exosome technologies market has been divided into healthcare providers, pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies, and others. The healthcare providers segment accounted for major share of the market. Increase in geriatric population with various diseases is projected to propel the segment.
- Market size and forecast for each of these segments have been provided from 2015 to 2031. The CAGR of respective segments has also been provided from 2021 to 2031, considering 2020 as the base year.
Exosome Technologies Market: Regional Outlook
- In terms of region, the global exosome technologies market has been segmented into North America (U.S. and Canada), Europe (U.K., Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and Rest of Europe), Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, Australia & New Zealand, and Rest of Asia Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Rest of Latin America), and Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa). Each region considered in the market has been divided into countries/sub-regions.
- The exosome technologies market report provides size and forecast for each region and country/sub-region from 2015 to 2031. The CAGR for each of these regions and countries has also been provided for the forecast period from 2021 to 2031. The exosome technologies market study also covers the competitive scenario in these regions.
Companies Covered in Exosome Technologies Market Report
- Key players in the global exosome technologies market have been profiled based on attributes such as company overview, product portfolio, financial overview, recent developments, and competitive business strategies
- Major companies profiled in the exosome technologies market report are
- Aegle Therapeutics
- Anjarium Biosciences
- Aruna Biomedical
- Carmine Therapeutics
- Evox Therapeutics
- Exosome Diagnostics, Inc.
- ExonanoRNA LLC., among others
Exosome Technologies Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global exosome technologies market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2021 to 2031. The report provides revenue of the global exosome technologies market for the period 2017–2031, considering 2020 as the base year and 2031 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global exosome technologies market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after primary and secondary researches. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global exosome technologies market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, company presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global exosome technologies market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global exosome technologies market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global exosome technologies market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global exosome technologies market. Key players operating in the global exosome technologies market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global exosome technologies market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Exosome Technologies Market Report
- What is the revenue forecast for the global exosome technologies market in terms of revenue for the period 2021–2031?
- How would various dynamics such as drivers, restraints, opportunities, and trends affect the market?
- What is the market size and estimation for the exosome technologies market across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa?
- Which regional market is poised to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which product segment is projected to generate considerable revenue in 2031 and which application segment will register the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
A unique methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct a comprehensive research on the growth of the global exosome technologies market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary research sources referred to by analysts during the production of the global exosome technologies market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the exosome technologies market as primary methods.
These primary research respondents have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the exosome technologies market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global exosome technologies market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenue of each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global exosome technologies market more reliably and accurately.
Exosome Technologies Market – Segmentation