Stem Cell Exosomes Market: Overview
Exosomes possesses the potential to be a carrier for drug delivery owing to their transportation properties. The stem cell exosomes have other properties of high biocompatibility and intrinsic long-term circulation, which are ideal for proteins, nucleic acids, and chemicals. Additionally, new researches showed results of exosomes possessing properties of mediators in intercellular communication and mRNA transcripts, delivering proteins, and many others. They have properties, which make them biocompatible and useful to become agents to provide treatment for various disorders.
The rapidly increasing interest for advanced material to provide disease-based treatment in case of emergency is inducing more research and funding to explore stem cell exosomes. This is a key factor driving growth of the stem cell exosomes market from past few years and is estimated to be the same for next few years as well.
Stem Cell Exosomes Market: Notable Development
The stem cell exosomes market is identified as highly competitive without dominant players owing to many players operating in the market. Some of the key players in the market include Anjarium Biosciences, Codiak Biosciences, Capricor Therapeutics, Creative Medical Technology Holdings, Evox Therapeutics, Everkine Corporation, Exogenus Therapeutics, ReNeuron, Kimera Labs, and Unicyte AG.
The market is witnessing lucrative investments for adoption of newer and improving technologies. Such investments are on grounds of few acquisitions and mergers, tie ups, and to cater to global population.
Some of few developments observed in the market:
- In 2016, In May 2017, ExCoBio Inc. raised US$11 Million in a Series A funding round following Exosome Diagnostics in 2016 and 2017 respectively.
- Codiak Biosciences launched was founded in 2016 when the MD Anderson Cancer Center joined hands with two venture capital firms with investment for more than US$80 Million in series A and B financing.
- Other numerous life science companies are looking to introduce improved tools and systems to support exosome research, which include Exiqon, Beckman Coulter, System Biosciences (SBI), Thermo Fisher, Lonza, Qiagen, and ZenBio.
- Additionally, the technology involved in manufacture of large-scale clinical-grade stem cell exosomes are gaining traction, to become a focal point for the market, thus, key players are entering into strategic partnerships such as a partnership between RoosterBio and Exopharmand Lonza.
- Companies are also looking to fund researches from well-known universities such as Micihigan State University and Yale University. For instance, Merck and Exosome Diagnostic invested in studies to conduct clinical trials in region.
Stem Cell Exosomes Market: Growth Factors
The factors impacting on growth of the market include increasing prevalence of cancer and advent of technological advancements in exosomes and its applications. Additionally, increasing advanced applications of exosomes coupled with increasing awareness about presence of improved medical techniques are propelling growth of the global stem cell exosomes market. The 2012 reports by World Health Organization (WHO), the number of patients is expected to increase by 70% in next two decade. Increase in patients may lead to increase in fatality due to cancer, which increase attention toward advanced medications. This factor is likely to boost demand for the exosomes in diagnosis and therapeutics.
However, number of technical difficulties are limiting its adoption globally and hindering growth of the global stem cell exosomes market. The other factors restraining market growth are stringent regulatory frameworks and commercialization of exosomes. Nonetheless, the factors such as increase in research coupled with funding for researches are estimated to open doors of opportunities for growth in coming future.
Stem Cell Exosomes Market: Regional Outlook
Among the five regions, North America is expected to hold substantial share in the stem cell exosomes market owing to a great investment to improve infrastructure in the region and especially in the US. Additionally, the factors such as better-defined government policies and increase in investment for research by multinational companies are estimated to account in growth of the market in region.
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.