Insect Repellent Market
Insect Repellent Market - Europe Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2015 - 2023
Press Release :
The emergence of mosquito-borne diseases has triggered a demand for mosquito repellent candles across Europe, states the latest research report of Transparency Market Research. The growing possibility of malaria and dengue due to the constant inflow of travelers is expected to drive the demand for mosquito repellent candles across Europe during the forecast period. Furthermore, the benefits of these candles over other types of repellents such as liquids, coils, and ointments, have become their unique selling points, helping them carve a niche in the overall market. Candles do not emit harmful smoke or do not lead of dirt such as coils. Thus they are being preferred over conventional methods of repelling mosquitoes.
According to Transparency Market Research, the opportunity in the Europe mosquito repellent candle market is expected to be worth US$2.0 bn by the end of 2021 as compared to US$1.3 bn in 2014. During the forecast years of 2015 and 2021, the overall market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 6.0%. This market will also gain momentum from the recent outbreak of Zika virus, which has urged governments across Europe to take serious measures to prevent an epidemic.
France Leads Overall Market with Increasing Inflow of Tourists
Geographically, the Europe mosquito repellent candles market is segmented into countries such as France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Hungary, and Rest of Europe. Of these France is anticipated to emerge as the leader, with the segment poised to progress at a CAGR of 6.30% between 2015 and 2021. Climate change is expected to a major reason for excessive breeding of mosquitoes in the near future, which is likely to increase the risk of mosquito-borne diseases in the near future. As this trend continues, it will bolster the demand for mosquito repellent candles market in France.
Warm climate and a progressive rise in the number of tourists with each passing year has made France susceptible to mosquito-borne diseases. Its relatively vast territory as compared to other countries in the region has also contributed towards its rising stake in the overall market. Analysts state that the improving economic conditions in France will also fuel the demand for mosquito repellent candles, with citronella being the most popular choice of product amongst the rest.
Citronella Candles to be the Popularly Sold Product Type
The various raw materials used for making mosquito repellent candles are citronella oil, andiroba oil, eucalyptus oil, and basil oil. Over the period of next six odd years, citronella oil will be the predominantly used oil as it is inherently a mosquito repellent. The abundance of lemongrass, the source of citronella, will also cater to the ongoing demand for citronella-based mosquito repellent candles in the near future. Furthermore, citronella candles are marginally cheaper than the other types of candles, a fact that has been boosting the demand for these candles over the past few years. The shifting consumer preference for citronella candles over other types of mosquito repellent candles is also likely to work in favor of this product segment.
Some of the leading manufacturers of mosquito repellent candles across Europe are Gies-Kerzen GmbH, Bite Lite LLC , Yankee Candle Company, Diversam Comaral, Guangzhou Tiger Head Battery Group, and Coghlan’s Ltd. Manufacturers are trying to develop products that are completely natural to overcome restraints such as exposure to lead and carbon as candles burn. Product innovation such as conceal candles that will act as inhibitor instead of repellents will also prove critical in gaining a leading share in the overall market.
Rising Incidence of Insect-Borne Diseases and Disorders to Propel the Growth Opportunities across the Europe Insect Repellent Market
The growing prevalence of diseases occurring due to mosquitoes has grown manifold over the years. The demand for personal hygiene and home care products has increased considerably over the years in Europe. The growing prevalence of insect-borne diseases across Europe and the rising awareness about controlling the same will bring promising growth opportunities for the Europe insect repellent market during the assessment period of 2015-2023.
- The products that help in repelling insects like ticks, mosquitoes, flies, and other biting insects are known as insect repellents. These biting insects can transmit a number of diseases to humans which can also prove to be fatal in some cases. The growing incidences of such diseases are leading to awareness among a large chunk of the populace in Europe. All these factors influence the growth opportunities across the Europe insect repellent market.
- The players in the Europe insect repellent market are always involved in research and development activities. These activities result in the formation of new formulations and technologies that aid in repelling the insects at a rapid rate. The players invest heavily in these activities for increasing their revenues. An increase in the revenues ultimately helps in boosting the growth opportunities across the Europe insect repellent market.
- Strategic collaborations are also crucial for the growth of the Europe insect repellent market. The players indulge in these activities frequently. These activities help in strengthening the foothold of the players in the Europe insect repellent market. The players also focus largely on expansion activities for seamless product manufacturing and distribution.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has a negative impact on the growth of the Europe insect repellent market. Numerous countries in the European region enforced strict lockdowns to curb the virus transmission. Italy and France observed the maximum impact of the virus and this aspect also has a large impact on the economic activities in the region. The manufacturing units and production facilities were abruptly closed leading to a decline in the production and demand levels. However, the relaxations in restrictions are a relief for the players in the Europe insect repellent market.
Europe Insect Repellent Market: Overview
The increasing focus of players on marketing tactics and advertising is encouraging the growth of the insect repellent market across Europe. According to the research report, the Europe market for insect repellents is estimated to reach a value of US$1.82 bn by the end of 2023. This market is likely to register a healthy 3.0% CAGR between 2015 and 2023.
The research study on the Europe insect repellent market offers a comprehensive analysis and highlights the major aspects influencing the growth of the market. The key growth factors, barriers, and opportunities in the market have been presented in the research report in order to guide the prominent players in making appropriate and effective business decisions in the near future. In addition, a detailed study of the competitive landscape of the insect repellent market in Europe has been given in the scope of the report.
Europe Insect Repellent Market: Drivers and Restraints
The rising concern regarding the rising number of insect-borne diseases is one of the key factors expected to encourage the growth of the Europe insect repellent market in the next few years. In addition, the growing number of innovative products and the development of the distribution channels are anticipated to supplement the growth of the market.
On the other hand, several stringent rules and regulations concerning the development of insect repellents are expected to restrict the growth of the Europe insect repellent market in the forecast period. Nevertheless, the use of natural products for manufacturing insect repellents is predicted to generate promising growth opportunities and benefit key players operating in the Europe market in the coming years.
Europe Insect Repellent Market: Region-wise Outlook
The Europe market for insect repellent market has been classified on the basis of geography in order to offer a detailed regional segmentation. Among the key nations of Europe, France is expected to register a progressive growth in the forecast period. As per the study, this segment is predicted to continue its dominance and attain a key share of the overall market. The rising demand for insect repellent market in this region can be attributed to the climatic changes and the increasing breeding of mosquitoes, resulting in a significant rise in the number of diseases.
Furthermore, the rising awareness among consumers regarding the benefits of using insect repellents in order to get rid of different types of diseases is anticipated to accelerate the growth of the France insect repellent market in the next few years. The increasing number of initiatives by governments across Europe to eradicate several diseases and encourage a healthy living is predicted to contribute substantially towards the development of the overall market in the coming years.
Key Players Mentioned in the Research Report are:
Some of the key players operating in the insect repellent market in Europe are BASF S.E, 3M Corporation, E.I. DuPont de Nemours and Company, Avon Products Inc., S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc., and Omega Pharma. Several new players are making efforts to enter the Europe insect repellent market and expand their product portfolio in order to create a niche and gain a competitive edge in the next few years.
The key players in the market are emphasizing on product innovation in order to attract a large number of consumers across Europe. The development of an efficient distribution network is anticipated to encourage the growth of the insect repellent market in Europe throughout the forecast period. A thorough overview of the company profiles and the key strategies that are being used by them to sustain in the competitive environment have been discussed at length in the scope of the research report.
Key Segments of the Europe Insect Repellent Market
Europe Insect Repellent Market, by Product Type
- Body Worn Insect Repellent
- Oils and Cream
- Plant Based
- Oil of Lemon Eucalyptus
- Oils and Cream
- Stickers and Patches
- Non Deet
- Non Body Worn Insect Repellent
- Coils, Mats and Sheet
- Non Deet
- Liquid Vaporizer
- Coils, Mats and Sheet
Europe Insect Repellent Market, by Country
- Rest of Europe
This report gives you access to decisive data such as:
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for the coming years
Key highlights of this report:
- Overview of key market forces propelling and restraining market growth
- Up-to-date analyses of market trends and technological improvements
- Pin-point analyses of market competition dynamics to offer you a competitive edge
- An analysis of strategies of major competitors
- An array of graphics and SWOT analysis of major industry segments
- Detailed analyses of industry trends
- A well-defined technological growth map with an impact-analysis
- Offers a clear understanding of the competitive landscape and key product segments