EMI/RFI Filtering Market
EMI/RFI Filtering Market (Design: SMD/SMT and Axial/Through Hole; Filter Type: Single Phase Filter, DC Filters, Medical Filters, Power Entry Modules, Three Phase Filters, and Others; and Application: Automotive Battery Chargers, CNC Machinery, Telecom Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Smart Homes, Street Lighting, Medical Equipment, Power Supply, Industrial Motor Drives, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Mission-critical Industries Including Medical Devices Fuel Demand for Semicon Products During COVID-19
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, stakeholders in the EMI/RFI filtering market are increasing efforts to stay up and running to ensure the supply of live-saving drugs, medicines, medical devices, and other equipment to hospitals and pharmacies. The second wave of the coronavirus pandemic has affected India, Brazil, and Europe. During these challenging times, the semiconductor industry is supporting vital parts of the global economy, critical infrastructure, and national security.
In order to keep economies running, companies in the EMI/RFI filtering market are increasing R&D for breakthrough innovations to combat the global health crisis. Although it is debatable whether the semiconductor industry is essential or not, stakeholders are focusing on mission-critical industries such as in automotive battery chargers, CNC (Computer Numerical Control) machinery, and telecom infrastructure, among others. Government, food distribution, and power supply are important applications that are fueling the demand for steady supply of semicon devices and materials.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the EMI/RFI Filtering Market
EMI Filtering versus Shielding: Which is Better?
Shields and filters are both valuable tools for reducing electronic emissions caused by the EMI (electromagnetic interference). It has been found that using both is one of the most effective solutions to reduce electronic emissions. For instance, EMI shielding methods are used to overcome a range of EMI problems and can adequately reflect EMI.
On the other hand, filters help to eliminate the EMI. They help to solve issues related to penetrations through shields as well as the inputs and outputs of an electrical system. Such combination of filters and shields is contributing to the growth of the EMI/RFI filtering market. Using EMI filtering techniques, a transient suppression at a shielded enclosure interface is found to be a highly efficient way to protect against compatibility issues in several electronic machines and devices.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
EMC Compliance Necessary for Indian Manufacturers to Meet International Standards
The global EMI/RFI filtering market is expected to grow at a modest CAGR of ~4% during the assessment period. This is evident since issues such as harmonic distortions and conducted emissions are leading to concerns about compliance of devices and machinery with certification regulations worldwide. Hence, companies including EMI Solutions - a manufacturer of EMI/RFI filters in Karnataka, India, is focusing on problem solving by offering EMC (Electro-Magnetic Compatibility) compliance to its industrial corporation clients and OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturer).
Stakeholders in the India EMI/RFI filtering market are becoming aware about the EMC Compliance Certification Scheme in India, which is necessary for manufacturers to meet various IS, EN, FCC, and IEC EMC standards requirements.
Recognized Compliance in DC Filters Boosts Sales of PV Charging Systems
The EMI/RFI filtering market is expected to cross the value mark of US$ 1.8 Bn by the end of 2030. Power supply is one of the most important applications of EMI/RFI filters. Since manufacturers are adhering to compliance regulations recognized and accepted in domestic and international markets for quality, delivery & cost, popular sources such as motors, household appliances, Wi-Fi devices, and the likes are gaining sales impetus.
There is a growing demand for EMI/RFI power line filters to trap noise and prevent it from entering or leaving an equipment. Companies in the EMI/RFI filtering market are increasing their production capabilities in single-phase filters, three-phase filters, and DC filters to align with different power line noise modes. DC filters are being designed for filtering DC power and control lines. These filters are gaining prominence in solar panels, photovoltaic (PV) charging systems, inverters, and battery charging systems.
Nanocrystalline Materials Prove Game Changer for Single-phase Filters
Compact nanocrystalline single-phase filters that suppress EMI are offering greater design flexibility in applications. An increasingly connected world, which is highly dependent on electronic equipment and devices, is contributing toward the growth of the EMI/RFI filtering market. One of the most common and effective types of EMI filters is mode chokes. Manufacturers are bolstering their production capacities to develop common mode toroidal chokes that are being designed with nanocrystalline metal cores that are useful in multiple noise countermeasure fields.
On the other hand, plastic case filters catering to single-phase EMC requirements are grabbing the attention of manufacturers in the EMI/RFI filtering market. Companies are capitalizing on the opportunity to innovate in next-gen devices by taking advantage of patented refinements and soft nanocrystalline materials that are giving rise to optimized cores delivering unique performance benefits.
Automotive Components, Assemblies Trigger Demand for EMI/RFI Filters
The ever-increasing automotive industry is creating stable revenue streams for manufacturers in the EMI/RFI filtering market. Two-wheelers, cars, rickshaws, and heavy vehicles are highly dependent on electro-mechanical components and sub-assemblies. Manufacturers are boosting their output capacities to increase the availability of active electronic components in automotive range from ABS and ECO automotive powertrains, car navigation systems, safety equipment, and automotive infotainment devices.
Automotive components and assemblies tend to emit RF (radio frequency) noise, and are potentially exposed to external sources of energy, resulting in unanticipated changes in system operation. This is where manufacturers in the EMI/RFI filtering market are stepping in to boost their output capabilities for single-phase EMI filters, 3 phase filters, and harmonic filters. Vehicle OEMs are addressing issues of broadband and narrowband noises of EMI with filters build immunity characteristics in automotive systems and components.
EMI/RFI Filters in MRI Rooms, Communication Devices Transforming Electronic Applications
Shielded rooms, energy managements, and communication applications are creating revenue streams for companies in the EMI/RFI filtering market. Shielded rooms are popular in SCIFs (Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility) utilized in military applications, MRI rooms in hospitals, and server rooms for commercial businesses. EMI/RFI filters are being used in energy management systems to keep emissions from affecting sensitive equipment in smart home applications and renewable energy systems.
Communications systems such as data lines, telephones, and fire alarms are fueling the demand for EMI/RFI filters to avoid interference on the lines. EMI/RFI filters help to prevent false alarms or noise being projected over the alerting system. Electronics applications are helping manufacturers expand their business streams, since automation or test equipment electronics and laboratory equipment are integrated with EMI/RFI filters to prevent emissions.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on EMI/RFI Filtering Market
Essential industries such as agriculture, telecom, and medical devices have become key focus points of companies operating in the EMI/RFI filtering market during the COVID-19 pandemic. Next-gen nanocrystalline materials are offering high permeability and lower losses than ferrite variants found in traditional EMI filters. However, Indian manufacturers need to abide with stringent compliance regulations including CE marking for European market and Industrial (FCC) & Military Standards (MIL) for the U.S. market. Thus, Indian manufacturers should capitalize on this opportunity to boost credibility by adhering to compliance requirements to gain a competitive edge in India’s highly unstructured and fragmented market landscape. Automotive components and communication systems are creating stable revenue streams for manufacturers.
EMI/RFI Filtering Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global EMI/RFI filtering market for the historical period of 2018 and the forecast period of 2020–2030, usage of EMI/RFI filtering in automotive battery chargers, in telecom infrastructure, and industrial motor drive sectors, and increasing application of EMI/RFI filtering in home appliances and medical equipment are factors expected to boost the global MI/RFI filtering market during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the global EMI/RFI filtering market is projected to exceed value of US$ 1.8 Bn by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of ~4% during the forecast period
Increase in Adoption of EMI/RFI Filtering in Industrial Sectors: Key Driver of EMI/RFI Filtering Market
- In the industrial sector, EMI affects devices across industries and leads to downtime, data loss, or permanent damage to equipment. In military and medical fields, the impact of EMI on mission-critical functions can be even more severe. These are a few of the major issues EMI can cause in the industrial sector.
- EMI filters are increasingly used to resolve all these issues, as it blocks different frequencies of noise and meets varying regulations in diverse industrial applications such as appliances and washing machines, single-phase motor control, single-phase machinery control, military, and medical equipment
- Brush DC motors are used in multiple industries such as automotive, aerospace, medical, appliances, and manufacturing. Advanced EMI filters are used on brush DC motors to cut the noise and maintenance cost of brush DC motors.
- Adoption of EMI/RFI filtering in the industrial sector is significantly high as a result of these factors, which is expected to fuel the growth rate of the global EMI/RFI filtering market during the forecast period
- However, EMI/RFI filtering devices that consist of various passive components such as registers, capacitors, inductors, electrometric coils, and other electronic components increases its cost. High cost associated with the EMI/RFI filter is negatively affecting sales of EMI/RFI filtering across the globe. Nevertheless, key manufacturers are extensively investing in technological developments to reduce the cost of the EMI/RFI filters. Thus, the high cost of EMI/RFI filters is expected to restrain the growth of the market during the forecast period.
Incorporation of 5G Telecom Infrastructure
- In recent years, the fifth generation technology standard for broadband cellular networks is being deployed worldwide. Low-band 5G uses 600–850 MHz, and mid-band 5G uses microwaves of 2.5–3.7 GHz, allowing speeds of 100–900 Mbit/s.
- For smooth and noise-free communication in high-frequency, telecom infrastructures require EMI/RFI filtering connectors for test enclosures used in high-frequency testing, including 5G cellular hardware for electromagnetic spectrum management solutions
- Many Asian countries are deploying 5G networks such as in China, Japan, South Korea, India, and Australia, which further drives the demand for EMI/RFI filtering in the region
- Thus, the development of technologically advanced EMI/RFI filtering has propelled the demand for 5G telecom infrastructure, which is expected to bolster the growth of the EMI/RFI filtering market during the forecast period worldwide
EMI/RFI Filtering Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of EMI/RFI filtering have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global EMI/RFI filtering market are
- Astrodyne TDI Corporation
- AVX Corporation
- API Tech
- Coilcraft Inc.
- Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- NXP Semiconductors
- ON Semiconductors
- TDK Corporation
- TE Connectivity
- TOKIN Corporation
- Vishay Intertechnology, Inc.
EMI/RFI Filtering Market: Key Developments
- Providers of EMI/RFI filtering such as Intel Corporation, Enablence, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., and Broadcom are focusing on the construction of cost-effective EMI/RFI filtering to attract more customers. Some other key developments in the global EMI/RFI filtering market are highlighted below:
- In December 2020, Astrodyne TDI Corporation announced the launch of its first extended-range shielded room EMI Filter line, namely 057X SERIES. These filters are likely to be available in the market in the first quarter of 2021.
- In October 2019, AVX Corporation launched VLAS Series Low-Clamp TransGuard® Automotive MLVs. This new product offers bi-directional overvoltage circuit protection and broadband EMI/RFI filtering functions and also delivers high-reliability performance. It is capable of achieving very low clamping-to-working-voltage ratios.
- In July 2019, Coilcraft Inc. launched a new Cx family of power line EMI chokes which has 16 sizes/configurations for a broad range of power line circuits. These EMI filters suppress high-frequency common-mode noise up to 100 MHz and provide greater than 40 dB common-mode attenuation, which is ideal for consumer electronics and industrial applications.
- In February 2017, Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd. introduced EMI noise suppression filters for smartphone audio circuits. These filters help to trend toward higher quality smartphone audio circuits.
- In the global EMI/RFI filtering market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of EMI/RFI filtering. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global EMI/RFI filtering market.
EMI/RFI Filtering Market – Scope of the Report
A new study on the global EMI/RFI filtering market is published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents detailed information on key market dynamics, including drivers, trends, and challenges for the global EMI/RFI filtering market as well as its structure. TMR’s study offers valuable information on the global EMI/RFI filtering market in order to illustrate how the market is expected to expand during the forecast period i.e. 2020–2030.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain analysis and compound annual growth rate (CAGR), are elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret the quantitative growth aspects of the global EMI/RFI filtering market.
An extensive analysis of business strategies adopted by leading market players is also featured in TMR’s study on the global EMI/RFI filtering market. This can help readers understand key factors responsible for growth of the global EMI/RFI filtering market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on avenues for qualitative and quantitative growth of the global EMI/RFI filtering market. This data would guide market players in making apt decisions in the near future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Study of EMI/RFI Filtering Market
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the global EMI/RFI filtering market between 2020 and 2030?
- What is the influence of changing trends in the filter type segment on the global EMI/RFI filtering market?
- Would Asia Pacific continue to be the most dominant regional market for providers of EMI/RFI filtering over the next few years?
- Which factors would hinder the global EMI/RFI filtering market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies operating in the global EMI/RFI filtering market?
A unique research methodology is utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the global EMI/RFI filtering market and arrive at conclusions on future growth prospects for the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions drawn.
Secondary research sources referred to by analysts during production of the report on the global EMI/RFI filtering market include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and market white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers who have contributed to production of TMR’s study on the global EMI/RFI filtering market as a primary research source.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which served as a validation from leading players operating in the global EMI/RFI filtering market. Access to an extensive internal repository as well as external proprietary databases allowed this report to address specific details and questions about the global EMI/RFI filtering market with accuracy. The study also uses a top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and a bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on future prospects for the global EMI/RFI filtering market more reliable and accurate.
EMI/RFI Filtering Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study of the global EMI/RFI filtering market segments the market based on design, filter type, application, and region. Changing market trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with segments of the global EMI/RFI filtering market have been discussed in detail in TMR’s study.