Wi-Fi 6 Devices Market
Wi-Fi 6 Devices Market (Device Type: Smartphones, Laptops/PCs, Smart Wearables, Routers & Extenders, and Smart TVs & STB; Usage Type: Public Wi-Fi and Private Wi-Fi; and Industry: BFSI, IT & Telecom, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Hospitality & Tourism, Government, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Demand for Wi-Fi 6 Infrastructure Grows as COVID-19 Pandemic Affects Outdoor Activities
The global Wi-Fi 6 devices market has witnessed an increase in upload traffic due to the enhanced use of home and office Wi-Fi networks. The present infrastructure is proving to be inefficient and incapable with the rise in easy accessibility due to the growing need for smart devices and surging need for fast Internet service by businesses for real-time monitoring and managing systems. Product innovations such as Wi-Fi 6 are most likely to provide the required solution for multiple connectivity in less time.
Most users are possibly using outmoded Wi-Fi equipment with available Wi-Fi standards including 802.11n, mostly due to lack of awareness of new products, technology, and available sales channels. Wi-Fi 6, an easy solution to help alleviate the issues of putting several Wi-Fi devices on a single network, allows routers to interact with numerous devices at once, and send data to varied devices in the same broadcast frequency with scheduling the Wi-Fi check-ins with the router. This is expected to drive the Wi-Fi 6 devices market during the forecast period.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Wi-Fi 6 Devices Market
Individuals Looking for Smart Home Applications Opt for Wi-Fi 6 Devices
Improvements in Internet generations such as the 5G and 6G concepts are projected to contribute to the growth of the Wi-Fi 6 devices market. One of the important factors, owing to the growing demand, is the increase in smart home devices and the rising need to connect multiple devices using a single network. Moreover, the Wi-Fi 6 devices manufacturers claim to increase the Internet speed by 40% from the previously available devices, which can be a driving factor for the sales of the Wi-Fi 6 devices market in the upcoming period.
The new Wi-Fi 6 technology offers various improvements in the connectivity of Wi-Fi 6 enabled devices, while it is also designed to be compatible with older versions. Currently, its demand is limited to high-density environments. Due to its advantages for battery life of devices and improved data transfer rates, the demand in the households and small offices is expected to vastly increase during the forecast period at a CAGR of ~15%, a relatively significant rate for the Wi-Fi 6 devices market.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Innovations in Products to Influence Future of Wi-Fi 6 Devices Market
With advancements in technology devices and fast-growing connectivity, the Wi-Fi 6 devices market is expected to cross US$ 590 Bn by the end of the forecast period. Existing manufacturers in the Wi-Fi 6 devices market are expanding their income sources in commercial and office spaces. The technology being used for Wi-Fi 6 is designated to operate between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies, which is required by most corporate systems.
Wi-Fi Alliance, innovators of Wi-Fi 6 outline, features Orthogonal frequency-division multiple access (OFDMA), 160 MHz channel utilization capability, multi-user multiple inputs, multiple-output (MU-MIMO), transmit beamforming, target wake time (TWT), and 1024 quadrature amplitude modulation mode (1024-QAM). The report also estimates a 50% improvement in networked devices in individuals, which can result in an average of 3.6 connected devices per person. Asia Pacific, being the largest manufacturer of such devices, is anticipated to continue being the leading Wi-Fi 6 devices market, followed by North America and Europe.
Increasing Dependency on IoT Applications Demands Wi-Fi 6 Generation for Faster Outcomes
Electronics and communication technologies have been rapidly increasing for a decade and can be estimated to further expand the Wi-Fi 6 devices market. Companies such as the CISCO are already adding innovative features to attract consumers and businesses with their specific router and device requirements. As per CISCO, by 2023, Wi-Fi hotspots will surpass 600 million sites in 2023, which is almost 4x from 2018. It can prove beneficial for the Wi-Fi 6 devices market, as users demand better Internet speed at homes and public places such as airports, stadiums, malls, and other busy locations.
Investments in Wi-Fi 6 device projects in the industrial space are anticipated to increase vastly, as the overall Wi-Fi infrastructure is on the verge of rising to US$ 6.9 Bn in 2030. By the end of 2021, it is expected to reach US$ 1.7 Bn. Stakeholders in the Wi-Fi 6 devices market are also focusing on IoT applications in various industries and businesses, which can be major end users of Wi-Fi 6 in the near future.
Wi-Fi 5 Devices May Result in Slow Growth of Global Market
The Wi-Fi 6 technology included in smartphones, computing devices, routers, and other smart products are currently expensive and not available for mid-range products. Devices with Wi-Fi 6 are being produced for a particular niche and will require few years to take over the Wi-Fi 5 segment. Moreover, users will need a Gigabit-class broadband connection to completely utilize the Wi-Fi 6 technology.
Presently, Wi-Fi 6 is trying to move out from the draft stage with the entry of new device developers and manufacturers. However, current devices have a smaller range when compared to the 5GHz network, which will result in the possibility of interrupted signals in case of any obstacle between router and device. Nevertheless, developers in the Wi-Fi 6 devices market are now focusing on product development and improved design to meet the market demand and make it easily available for all.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Wi-Fi 6 Devices Market
The Wi-Fi 6 devices are being built to be compatible with previous devices and generations of Wi-Fi. However, for maximum advantage of Wi-Fi 6, routers and client device, both need the Wi-Fi 6 technology or it will communicate using the older version of Wi-Fi. Thus, in the upcoming years, most devices will be built considering Wi-Fi 6 compatibility, and users will be able to work and utilize the connectivity with increased speed and reliability. With a better CAGR during the forecast period, the Wi-Fi 6 devices market can be a profitable investment for new as well as existing companies in the market. However, the offline segment for Wi-Fi 6 devices is expected to abate due to growing concerns over the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
Wi-Fi 6 Devices Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global Wi-Fi 6 devices market for the historical period 2018–2019 and the forecast period 2020–2030, the Wi-Fi 6 devices market is anticipated to cross the value of US$ 590 Bn by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of ~15% during the forecast period. Increasing adoption of smart devices and rising need for fast Internet service by enterprises for real time monitoring and controlling are driving the Wi-Fi 6 devices market.
- The Wi-Fi Alliance’s Wi-Fi 6 is specified to operate between the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies. Some of the major features outlined by Wi-Fi Alliance for WiFi 6’s current capabilities include orthogonal frequency-division multiple access (OFDMA), 160 MHz channel utilization capability, multi-user multiple input, multiple output (MU-MIMO), transmit beamforming, target wake time (TWT), and 1024 quadrature amplitude modulation mode (1024-QAM). The next several years are likely to witness a 50% increase in networked devices per person, resulting in an average of 3.6 connected devices per person.
- During the forecast period, Asia Pacific is anticipated to emerge as the leading Wi-Fi 6 devices market, followed by North America and Europe
Rising Investment in Wi-Fi 6: Key Driver of Wi-Fi 6 Devices Market
- Investment in communication technology is increasing at a significant pace across the globe. Cisco VNI (Visual Networking Index) estimated that Wi-Fi hotspots would surpass 600 million sites by 2023 (up 4x from 2018), of which, the number of Wi-Fi 6 hotspots is likely to grow 13-fold from 2020 through 2023. It is projected to hold 11% share of all public Wi-Fi hotspots across the globe. Rise in demand for fast Internet service from end users is boosting the demand for Wi-Fi 6. Internet speeds with this latest standard are expected to increase by 40% as compared to its previous generation. Improved MIMO and high speed of data transmission are anticipated to considerably drive the demand from public areas such as airports, stadiums, malls, and other busy locations.
- Global investment in Wi-Fi infrastructure in the industrial space is anticipated to rise from US$ 1.7 Bn in 2021 to US$ 6.9 Bn in 2030, at a rate of almost 17% per year, as the latest Wi-Fi 6 generation of the technology is deployed to support new industrial IoT applications. Industrial spaces, factories, warehouses, plants, mines, refineries, and transport hubs are likely to be major end users of the Wi-Fi 6 technology.
Key Challenges Faced by Market Players of Wi-Fi 6 Devices
- Dependence on 5G for device integration may restrain growth of Wi-Fi 6 devices market: According to TMR analysis, dependence on Wi-Fi 6 for device integration in forthcoming smartphones is much higher on 5G network services. In June 2020, Taiwan-based chipset provider MediaTek stated that its current revenue growth is linked to Wi-Fi 6 synergies with the widely successful rollout of 5G services, currently led by China. MediaTek also stated that expansion of Wi-Fi 6 would be in synergy with the expansion of 5G phones.
- According to Intel Corporation, both 5G and Wi-Fi 6 are complementary technologies that provide higher speeds, lower latency, and increased capacity over their predecessors. It has also stated that Wi-Fi 6 has a lower cost to deploy, maintain, and scale, especially where access points need to serve more users. Wi-Fi 6 is estimated to continue to be the predominant technology for home and business environments. On the other hand, 5G service would be the default mode of Internet service within new smart device adopters.
- According to industry experts, 5G services would be the primary mode of data transmission. Dependence on 5G could indirectly impact the technology demand for Wi-Fi 6 and its integration with smart devices, as any major transformation or change within 5G services is estimated to hinder the Wi-Fi 6 devices market.
Increasing Adoption of Wi-Fi 6 Devices across Emerging Markets
- In 2015, there were around 4 billion Wi-Fi devices across the globe, while by the end of 2019, the number of Wi-Fi devices reached 7 billion units. In 2015, data consumption was around 1.2 Exabytes/month, which increased to 17.3 Exabytes/month in year 2019.
- The 802.11ac products accounted for 84.8% of dependent access point shipments in the enterprise segment and 86.2% of dependent access point revenues, whereas 802.11ax (also known as Wi-Fi 6) products made up 3.1% of dependent access point shipments and 6.1% of revenues
- Continuous adoption of Wi-Fi 6 devices will be a major driver of growth for the enterprise WLAN segment over the next two years
- Asia Pacific is projected to surpass the European Wi-Fi 6 devices market by the end of the forecast period, as adoption of cloud-based technologies is projected to be the highest within the region
Wi-Fi 6 Devices Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of Wi-Fi 6 devices have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global Wi-Fi 6 devices market are
- Apple Inc.
- Broadcom Corp.
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Cypress Semiconductor Corp
- Dell Inc.
- D-Link Corporation
- Fujitsu Ltd.
- HP Enterprise
- Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
- Intel Corporation
- KAONMEDIA Co., Ltd.
- Marvell Semiconductor Inc.
- Microsoft Corporation
- NETGEAR Inc.
- Qualcomm Inc.
- Ruckus Wireless, Inc.
- Samsung Electronics
- TP-Link Technologies Co., Ltd.
Wi-Fi 6 Devices Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of Wi-Fi 6 devices such as Cisco Systems Inc., 8x8, Inc., RingCentral Inc., Microsoft Corporation, NEC Corporation, and Avaya Inc. are focusing on the development of Wi-Fi 6 devices to attract more customers
- Some of the key developments in the global Wi-Fi 6 devices market are highlighted below:
- In March 2021, NETGEAR Inc. introduced a Wi-Fi 6 device named Nighthawk RAX20 Wi-Fi 6 Router. This router supports two different bands: 2.4GHz and 5GHz. The router has Wi-Fi 6 certification. It has quad core processor and WPA3 security protocol.
- In May 2020, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. introduced two new Wi-Fi 6 products: Qualcomm FastConnect 6900 and Qualcomm FastConnect 6700. These advancements enable Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. to differentiate itself from competitors as it provides a communication portfolio, which accelerates the adoption of smartphones.
- In May 2020, Microsoft Corporation introduced Wi-Fi 6 named Surface Go 2, offering high transfer speed up to 2400 Mbps. This laptop is highly portable and has long-lasting battery life.
- In April 2019, NETGEAR Inc. announced Wi-Fi 6 routers. These devices offer benefits to households that struggle from low speed data. Wi-Fi 6 can significantly increase the overall network bandwidth and reliability, as well as improve wireless home networking speed, efficiency, and capacity.
- In the global Wi-Fi 6 devices market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of Wi-Fi 6 devices providers. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global Wi-Fi 6 devices market.
Wi-Fi 6 Devices Market – Scope of the Report
A latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the global Wi-Fi 6 devices market to accurately gauge its potential future development. The study presents detailed information about the important growth factors, restraints, and key trends that are creating the landscape for the future growth of the Wi-Fi 6 devices market, to identify the opportunistic avenues of the business potential for stakeholders. The report also provides insightful information about how the Wi-Fi 6 devices market will progress during the forecast period of 2020 - 2030.
The report offers intricate dynamics about different aspects of the Wi-Fi 6 devices market, which aids companies operating in the market in making strategic development decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on the significant changes that are highly anticipated to configure the growth of the Wi-Fi 6 devices market during the forecast period. It also includes impact analysis of COVID-19 on the Wi-Fi 6 devices market. The global Wi-Fi 6 devices market report helps to estimate statistics related to the market progress in terms of value (US$ Mn).
The study covers a detailed segmentation of the Wi-Fi 6 devices market, along with key information and a competitive outlook. The report mentions the company profiles of key players currently dominating the Wi-Fi 6 devices market, wherein various development, expansion, and winning strategies practiced and executed by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on Wi-Fi 6 Devices Market
The report provides detailed information about the Wi-Fi 6 devices market on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that play a key role in accelerating the growth potential of the market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently functioning in the market and are looking for innovative ways to create a unique benchmark in the Wi-Fi 6 devices market, so as to help them formulate successful strategies and take target-driven decisions.
- How are key market players successfully earning revenue out of Wi-Fi 6 devices?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the Wi-Fi 6 devices market between 2020 and 2030?
- What are the winning imperatives of market frontrunners in the Wi-Fi 6 devices market?
- What are the major drivers and restraints of the market?
- What will be the size of the Wi-Fi 6 devices market from 2020 to 2030?
- Which will be the fastest growing segment in the Wi-Fi 6 devices market?
- Which are the leading companies in the Wi-Fi 6 devices market?
- What are the strategies of companies operating in the market?
Research Methodology – Wi-Fi 6 Devices Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts to compile the Wi-Fi 6 devices market report is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of industry-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible sources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts of the Wi-Fi 6 devices market. During the primary research phase, analysts interviewed industry stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. On the basis of data obtained through the interviews of genuine sources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the Wi-Fi 6 devices market. For secondary research, analysts scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, and data of major countries of the world, industry association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the Wi-Fi 6 devices market.
Wi-Fi 6 Devices Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study assesses the Wi-Fi 6 devices market on the basis of device type, usage type, industry, and region. The report presents extensive market dynamics and progressive trends associated with different segments, and how they influence the growth prospects of the Wi-Fi 6 devices market.