Electron Beam Linear Accelerators Market
Electron Beam Linear Accelerators Market (Type: Low-energy Machine and High-energy Machine; and End User: Hospital & Ambulatory Care Centers, Clinics, and Academic & Research Centers) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Infection Control Policies for Droplet Precaution Observed during COVID-19 Outbreak
The outbreak of COVID-19 (coronavirus) has led to several challenges for professionals in the radiation oncology department. Since radiation therapy is typically scheduled over weeks, healthcare professionals need to efficiently plan the usage of medical equipment when hospitals and clinics are being compromised due to a second wave of the pandemic. Hence, companies in the electron beam linear accelerators market are increasing awareness about the utilization of personnel-protective equipment (PPE), while operating medical equipment.
Healthcare facilities are observing infection control policies for droplet precaution as recommended by the WHO (World Health Organization). Companies in the electron beam linear accelerators market are adopting contingency plans to predict the uncertainties pertaining to the supply and distribution of machines. Trade restrictions and volatile demand are emerging as challenges for equipment providers.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Electron Beam Linear Accelerators Market
Improved Testing Capabilities Help Eliminate Issues of Low Emittance Beam Generation
The business of electron beam linear accelerator machines is estimated to reach US$ 1 Bn by the end of 2030. However, equipment manufacturers need to address issues of low emittance beam generation and electron cloud collective instabilities. Manufacturers in the electron beam linear accelerators market can achieve this by increasing their testing capabilities to create availability for quality machines.
Companies in the electron beam linear accelerators market are increasing their focus in remanufacturing and repairing of machines. For instance, Altair— a manufacturer of linear accelerators (LINACs), is offering custom solutions to innovate in electron beam linear accelerators. In order to gain a competitive edge over other manufacturers, companies are delivering turnkey solutions in machines that deploy various energy outputs. Investments in testing and tuning facilities are emerging as a recurring trend of established market players.
Cost Efficient Electron Guns Emerge as Alternative to Electron Beam LINACs
The electron beam linear accelerators market is predicted to expand at a moderate CAGR during the forecast period, as alternate and cost-efficient solutions such as electron guns are replacing electron beam linear accelerators. As such, the technology of electron guns is yet to gain widespread acceptance by medical professionals. Depending on the expenditure capacity of hospitals in lower middle income countries (LMICs) and high income countries (HICs), manufacturers in the electron beam linear accelerators market should strategically target their product offerings.
Leading cancer physicians are increasing their service in Intraoperative Radiation Therapy (IORT) for cancer patients during surgery. Hence, IntraOp Medical Corporation is gaining popularity as one of the well-known innovators for portable electron-beam Intraoperative Radiation Therapy (IORT) with the help of their flagship product—the Intraop® Mobetron®.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Electron Beam Therapy Overcomes Shortcomings of Megavoltage LINACs in Dermatology
The superficial electron therapy is being highly publicized for the treatment of skin cancer. Since surgery leads to medical contraindications for many patients, manufacturers in the electron beam linear accelerators market are increasing their production capacities for machines. Most patients prefer an active lifestyle and have potential cosmetic concerns pertaining to surgery. This is fueling the demand for electron beam linear accelerators that are non-invasive and convenient.
High cost and complexity of megavoltage LINACs are being overcome with patient accessibility toward the electron beam therapy. Companies in the electron beam linear accelerators market are introducing proprietary technologies to overcome the shortcomings of full scale LINACs. Electron beam LINACs are minimizing the cost of particle therapy, whilst reducing the device footprint. Innovative electron beam LINACs are adapting to a dermatologist’s existing practice workflow.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Electron Beam Linear Accelerators Market
Although the overall philosophy of radiotherapy practices remain the same, technical and operational aspects for the radiation oncology department need to be revised for COVID-19 infection control. Manufacturers in the electron beam linear accelerators market are increasing their focus in proprietary technologies to capitalize on business opportunities in skin cancer. However, linear accelerator failure rates are high in LMICs such as Nigeria and Botswana. Hence, manufacturers should adopt a data-driven approach to re-engineer machines that avoid issues of downtime and failure. Safe, reliable, and portable electron beam linear accelerators are eliminating the need for costly shielding renovations or retrofits, thus offering a cost advantage to hospitals.
Electron Beam Linear Accelerators Market: Overview
- The global electron beam linear accelerators market was valued at ~US$ 331 Mn in 2019 and is projected to expand at a moderate CAGR from 2020 to 2030. Increase in incidence and prevalence of skin & breast cancer, adoption of electron beam intraoperative radiation therapy (IORT) for treatment of breast cancer, favorable insurance coverage for electron beam linear accelerators, surge in recommendation for electron beam therapy are anticipated to propel the global electron beam linear accelerators market.
- Electron beam linear accelerators are widely known as medical linear accelerators (LINAC), which utilize high energy X-rays or electrons to locate and confirm the tumor shape. This device is widely used for external beam radiation treatment, preferably for cancer. Electron beam linear accelerators deliver high energy X-rays to the patient tumor area, thereby destroying the cancer cells. Electron beam linear accelerator targets all body sites. Electron beam linear accelerators use microwave technology to expedite electrons to collide with the heavy metal to produce high energy X-rays.
- High energy X-rays provide the shape, while exiting the machine to conform the patient’s tumor by directing the customized beam to the tumor. The electron beam comes from the accelerator known as gantry, which is rotated around the patient.
Electron Beam Linear Accelerators Market: Segmentation
- The global electron beam linear accelerators market has been segmented based on type, end user, and region
- In terms of type, the global electron beam linear accelerators market has been bifurcated into low-energy machine and high-energy machine. The low-energy machine segment dominated the market in 2019, attributed to its application in a range of therapeutic modalities for improving cancer treatment and adoption of low-energy LINAC for treatment of skin cancer across the globe.
- Based on end user, the global electron beam linear accelerators market has been classified into hospitals & ambulatory care centers, clinics, and academic & research centers. Provision of specialized & interdisciplinary care and availability of external beam radiation therapy at hospitals & ambulatory care centers are likely to drive the segment. Adoption of electron beam IORT is projected to rise in hospitals, as its usage is expected to reduce breast cancer healthcare costs significantly and improve treatment for patients. Rise in medical oncology services, numerous non-profit organizations providing funding for cancer care, and collaborative efforts among hospitals & ambulatory care centers are likely to present significant opportunities in the segment.
Electron Beam Linear Accelerators Market: Regional Segmentation
- In terms of region, the global electron beam linear accelerators market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global electron beam linear accelerators market in 2019, owing to the significant development in radiation therapy in the past few years, increase in acceptance of linear accelerator in the treatment of cancer, rise in prevalence of cancer, and presence of prominent players operating in the market. Partnerships, collaborations, and research efforts in the field for electron beam radiation therapy are likely to increase the availability of electron beam linear accelerators systems in the U.S., which is expected to boost the growth of the market in the region. For instance, in January 2020, IntraOP Medical, Inc. collaborated with Florida-based Alliant Dermatology to deliver electron-beam therapy for non-invasive treatment for non-melanoma skin cancer patients.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Increase in geriatric population, rise in demand for quality healthcare services, awareness about cancer treatment, including radiation therapy, growing concerns over increase in the number of women with breast cancer, and implementation of strategies to boost the number of patients being treated at early stages of cancer are major factors anticipated to augment the electron beam linear accelerators market in the region during the forecast period.
Electron Beam Linear Accelerators Market: Major Players
- Key players operating in the global electron beam linear accelerators market include
- Varian Medical Systems, Inc.
- IntraOp Medical, Inc.
- S.I.T. Sordina IORT Technologies S.p.A.
- These players focus on adopting various strategies to expand product portfolio and strengthen geographic presence across the globe. These have incorporated diverse strategies, including technological advancements, key merger & acquisition, strategic agreements, and approval of innovative products to boost presence across the globe. Moreover, strategic research collaborations among companies to evaluate the effectiveness of the electron beam radiation therapy for treatment of various cancer types are boosting the global electron beam accelerators market. Creating awareness about the therapy is another step taken by companies to expand globally.
Electron Beam Linear Accelerators Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global electron beam linear accelerators market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators for the market during the forecast period from 2020 to 2030. The report provides the overall revenue of the global electron beam linear accelerators market for the period 2018–2030, considering 2019 as the base year and 2030 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global electron beam linear accelerators market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global electron beam linear accelerators market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts also employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomena in the global electron beam linear accelerators market.
The report comprises an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments and sub-segments included in the scope of the study. Additionally, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global electron beam linear accelerators market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global electron beam linear accelerators market. The next section of the global electron beam linear accelerators market report highlights the USPs, which include rise in prevalence of skin and breast cancer, developments in radiation therapy, ongoing clinical trials for electron beam radiation therapy, surge in prevalence and incidence rates of cancer across the globe, increase in adoption of electron beam intraoperative radiation therapy, and favorable insurance coverage.
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global electron beam linear accelerators market. Key players operating in the global electron beam linear accelerators market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players profiled in the global electron beam linear accelerators market report.
Key Questions Answered in Electron Beam Linear Accelerators Market Report
- What is the sales/revenue generated by the global electron beam linear accelerators market across all the regions during the forecast period?
- What are the key trends in the global electron beam linear accelerators market?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global market?
- Which region is set to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which segment will have the highest revenue globally in 2030 and which type and end user will expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
Electron Beam Linear Accelerators Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global electron beam linear accelerators market begins with an overview of the market, followed by the scope and objectives of the study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives of the study and healthcare compliances laid down by accredited agencies in the purview of research in the global electron beam linear accelerators market. It is followed by market introduction, market dynamics, and an overview of the global electron beam linear accelerators market, which includes TMR analysis of market drivers, restraints, and trends affecting the growth of the market. Furthermore, Y-o-Y analysis with elaborate insights has been provided to understand the Y-o-Y trends of the global electron beam linear accelerators market.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into smaller ones. The report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed in the compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of the market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
Revenue generated by key product manufacturers has been mapped to ascertain the size of the global electron beam linear accelerators market in terms of value. The forecast presented here assesses the total revenue generated in the global electron beam linear accelerators market. In order to provide an accurate forecast, we initiated by sizing up the current electron beam linear accelerators market with the help of the parent market.
The report analyzes the global electron beam linear accelerators market in terms of type, end user, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length, and the market share for each of these at the end of 2030 has been provided. These valuable insights would help market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investments in the global electron beam linear accelerators market.
Electron Beam Linear Accelerators Market – Segmentation