Linear Accelerators [LINAC] Market
Linear Accelerators [LINAC] Market (Type: Low-energy Machine, Medium-energy Machine, and High-energy Machine; and End User: Hospitals, Ambulatory Care Centers, and Research Centers) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Sterilization of PPE Crucial for Installation of LINACs amidst COVID-19 Pandemic
Though the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic continues to surge in the U.S., healthcare facilities are being consistent in providing their services to patients. As such, ease in lockdown restrictions in the U.S. has helped equipment personnel to efficiently install and remove linear accelerators in hospital systems. However, quarantining of immigrants from hot zone states is likely to interfere with smooth delivery of healthcare services. This might hamper growth of the linear accelerators (LINAC) market. As such, medical workers are being exempt from quarantine restriction to ensure efficient removal and installation of medical equipment.
Equipment engineers are recommended to wear personal protective equipment (PPE), while replacing and installing linear accelerators. Sterilization and sanitization of PPE is becoming crucial amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. As such, cancer patients continue to receive treatments from linear accelerators. These factors are expected to drive the linear accelerators (LINAC) market during the forecast period.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Linear Accelerators [LINAC] Market
Affordable and Robust LINACs Well-recognized Global Need
Robust and first-rate radiation treatment has become the need of the hour in the healthcare landscape. Companies in the linear accelerators (LINAC) market are boosting their production capabilities to develop equipment that function even in challenging environments. In order to achieve this, manufacturers are refining design elements in LINAC to improve clinical outcomes in radiation therapy treatment (RRT). They are increasing research efforts to understand new trends in cancer treatment and payment modules of low and middle-income countries (LMICs).
There is a high demand for affordable and robust linear accelerator-based RTT systems. Companies in the linear accelerators market should participate in trade events and international conferences to improve care of cancer patients in LMICs. The demand for innovative LINACs is a well-recognized global need. Manufacturers are increasing efforts to make technological improvements in systems to reduce the risk of un- or poorly-secured radioactive material.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Cost-efficient Refurbished LINACs Improve Patient Access for Cancer Treatment
The linear accelerators (LINAC) market is projected to cross US$ 4.1 Bn by the end of 2030. However, it is still quite challenging to gain easy access for cancer treatment in various parts of the world. Hence, manufacturers in the linear accelerators (LINAC) market are increasing awareness about refurbished equipment in order to improve access to vital cancer treatment. This trend is anticipated to gain prominence in developing economies of Asia Pacific and Africa, since healthcare systems in these regions are budget-strapped in terms of equipment expenditure.
For many cancer patients, visiting the nearest hospital or clinic can be quite stressful and burdensome for attaining regular treatments. High availability of refurbished LINAC systems in nearby hospitals can improve access toward vital cancer treatment. This trend is predicted to gain popularity, owing to its advantages of cost efficiency.
Consultation Companies are Innovating in Electron Radiation and X-Ray Radiation LINAC Systems
High-energy linear particle accelerators are helping manufacturers gain competitive edge in the healthcare landscape. For instance, Altair— a healthcare and clinical analytics solutions company, is offering custom solutions to manufacturers in the linear accelerators (LINAC) market. Healthcare consultation companies are entering into contractual agreements with equipment manufacturers to innovate in LINACs. This has led to the expansion of testing and tuning facilities. Consultation companies are establishing in-house testing facilities that validate the refurbishment cost of LINACs.
Consultation companies in the linear accelerators (LINAC) market are acquiring proficiency in repairing, designing, and supplying of equipment. This is benefitting medical OEMs and other research entities. OEMs are increasing their production capacities to develop electron radiation and X-ray radiation LINACs. They are increasing the availability of turnkey LINACs that deploy various energy outputs.
Energy-saving Accelerator Innovations Help Reduce Power Consumption in Physics Facilities
The linear accelerators (LINAC) market is expected to advance at a favorable CAGR of 6% during the assessment period, as researchers are increasing their R&D in energy-saving accelerators. For instance, Thomas Roser, Vladimir Litvinenko, and Maria Chamizo-Llatas have co-authored a paper, which describes the potential of a high-energy electron-positron collider fitted with the energy-recovery LINAC (ERL) technology. Energy-saving designs are anticipated to benefit future high-energy physics facilities, since this ERL technology recycles both particles and their energy.
Companies in the linear accelerators (LINAC) market should join forces with physicists to tap into incremental opportunities in next-gen nuclear physics facilities. As such, the U.S. Department of Energy's Brookhaven National Laboratory for nuclear physics research is focusing to accelerate the beams of electrons in order to deploy energy savings. Since the power consumption of scientific instruments for particle physics experiments has seen a rise in the past couple of years, energy-saving features are being highly preferred in the ERL technology to reduce energy consumption.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Linear Accelerators [LINAC] Market
Online Simulation Tools Help Medical Physicists Advance in Cancer Treatment
Online learning tools are inculcating the practice of self-training among medical physicists. These tools help physicists gain better understanding about the working of LINACs, thus improving medical outcomes in hospitals and specialty clinics. LINAC expert Marco Carlone has developed an online simulation tool for medical physicists, which is easily accessible for users. Such online learning tools are translating into revenue opportunities for companies in the linear accelerators (LINAC) market.
LINACs are one of the most complicated equipment in the healthcare landscape that demand the need for skilled technicians. Hence, companies in the linear accelerators (LINAC) market are increasing the availability for online simulation tools that deploy training to medical physicists in order to advance in the field of cancer treatment.
Medical equipment companies have been deemed essential in the U.S. healthcare landscape amidst the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic in order to continue provision of services for patients in need. The high prevalence of prostate cancer is acting as a key driver for the expansion of the linear accelerators (LINAC) market. However, LINACs are some of the complex medical devices that need trained medical physicists. Hence, companies should introduce online simulation tools to educate physicists about the functionality of LINACs to provide cancer patient care. In order to improve patient access toward cancer treatment, contractual companies are increasing the availability of refurbished equipment, which are playing a key role in LMICs.
Linear Accelerators (LINAC) Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global linear accelerators (LINAC) market for the historical year (2018), base year (2019), and the forecast period (2020–2030), increase in burden of cancer across the globe is projected to drive the global linear accelerators (LINAC) market in the near future
- According to the report, the global linear accelerators (LINAC) market was valued at US$ 2.3 Bn in 2019 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 6% from 2020 to 2030
Increase in Burden of Cancer to Drive Global Market
- Rise in prevalence and increase in demand for new treatments for cancer are expected to boost the growth of the market during the forecast period
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), cancer is the second leading cause of death globally after cardiovascular disease, and cancer accounts for 8.3 million deaths each year, with 70% new cancer cases expected to be reported over the next 20 years
- According to data released by the World Cancer Research Fund International, globally, breast cancer is the most common cancer, with nearly 2 million cases in 2018. Belgium, Luxemburg, the Netherlands, France (metropolitan), and New Caledonia (France) were the top five countries with the highest number of cancer cases across the globe.
Rise in Awareness about Radiation Therapy and LINAC to Propel Global Market
- Growth of the market is likely to be driven by increase in awareness about radiation therapy among healthcare professionals across the globe
- According to the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), in 2020, an estimated 3,600 people are projected to be diagnosed with primary bone cancer in the U.S., with 1,720 deaths expected to occur due to bone cancer
Lack of Skilled and Experienced Personnel to Hamper Global Market
- Lack of skilled healthcare personnel is projected to restrain the global linear accelerators (LINAC) market. Key healthcare professionals involved in the radiation therapy are radiation therapy specialists, oncologists, and radiation dosimetrists. In developing countries, lack of skilled and trained healthcare professionals is a major pitfall for providing treatment to patients. These professionals must have knowledge about dosage, amount of radiation, and other factors in order to deliver successful treatment.
- In 2016, there were nearly 2,000 oncologists for 10 million cancer patients in India. One of the major concerns is the concentration of oncologists in India. Majority of radiation facilities and oncologists are concentrated in the metropolitan cities of India, hampering equitable access to treatment.
Linear Accelerators (LINAC) Market: Competition Landscape
- This report profiles major players operating in the global linear accelerators (LINAC) market based on attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, major brands, business strategies, and recent developments
- The global linear accelerators (LINAC) market is highly competitive, with the presence of prominent players in the international market. The top players hold majority share of the global linear accelerators (LINAC) market.
- Prominent players operating in the global linear accelerators (LINAC) market include
- Varian Medical Systems, Inc.
- Elekta AB
- Accuray Incorporated
- Shinva Medical Instrument Co., Ltd.
- Viewray Medical Technologies Inc.
- The report on the global linear accelerators (LINAC) market discusses individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of linear accelerators (LINAC) systems. The competition landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global linear accelerators (LINAC) market.
Linear Accelerators (LINAC) Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global linear accelerators (LINAC) market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the market during the forecast period from 2020 to 2030. The report provides the revenue of the global linear accelerators (LINAC) market for the period from 2018 to 2030, considering 2019 as the base year and 2030 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global linear accelerators (LINAC) market for the same period.
The report has been prepared after extensive research. Primary research involved a bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts conducted interviews with market leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global linear accelerators (LINAC) market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources and statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts have also employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomena in the global linear accelerators (LINAC) market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth pattern of various market segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competition dynamics in the global linear accelerators (LINAC) market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as new players interested in entering the global linear accelerators (LINAC) market. The next section of the report highlights the USPs, which include technological advancement, key industry events (mergers, acquisitions, collaborations, approvals, etc.), and COVID-19 pandemic impact on the industry (value chain and short/mid/long-term impact).
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global linear accelerators (LINAC) market. Key players operating in the global linear accelerators (LINAC) market have been identified and each one of them has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players operating in the global linear accelerators (LINAC) market profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Linear Accelerators (LINAC) Market Report
- What are the major drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global linear accelerators (LINAC) market?
- What is the revenue share projection of key segments of the global linear accelerators (LINAC) market during the forecast period?
- Which segment is likely to lead the global linear accelerators (LINAC) market in terms of revenue between 2020 and 2030?
- How mergers & acquisitions among players are widening the scope of the global linear accelerators (LINAC) market?
- What is the market position of different companies operating in the global linear accelerators (LINAC) market?
Linear Accelerators (LINAC) Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global linear accelerators (LINAC) market begins with an overview of the market, followed by the scope and objectives of the study. The report provides detailed explanation of objectives of this study and healthcare compliances laid down by accredited agencies in the purview of research in the global linear accelerators (LINAC) market. It is followed by market introduction, market dynamics, and an overview of the global linear accelerators (LINAC) market, which includes TMR’s analysis of market drivers, restraints, and trends pertaining to the global linear accelerators (LINAC) market. Furthermore, Y-o-Y growth analysis with elaborate insights has been provided in order to understand the Y-o-Y growth trend of the global linear accelerators (LINAC) market.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section further divided into smaller ones. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report segments the global linear accelerators (LINAC) market in terms of type, end user, and region. Key segments under each criterion have been studied at length and the market share for each segment by the end of 2030 has been provided. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investments in the global linear accelerators (LINAC) market.
Linear Accelerators (LINAC) Market – Segmentation