Driver Alert Systems Market
Driver Alert Systems Market (Component: Sensors, Cameras, and Others; Type: Fatigue, Drowsiness, Drunk Driving, and Others; Propulsion: Gasoline, Diesel, Hybrid, and Electric; Alert: Steering & Seat Vibration, Sound Alert, and Others; Vehicle: Passenger Vehicles and Commercial Vehicles [Light Commercial Vehicles, Heavy Commercial Vehicles, and Buses & Coaches]; Supplier: OEMs and Aftermarket) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Driver Alert Systems Market – A Step toward Preventing Road Accidents
The World Health Organization revealed that, in 2018, nearly 1.35 million people lost their lives across the world due to road accidents. Further, the WHO also stated that, road injuries are the leading cause of deaths among individuals between 5-29 years of age. Drowsiness, fatigue, and drunk driving are some of the leading causes of road accidents, worldwide. The growing number of road deaths has compelled automakers to integrate cutting-edge technology to enhance the safety of their vehicles. Driver alert systems have emerged as one of the most effective solutions to prevent road accidents in recent times.
The advent of advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and consistent developments at the technological front have laid the foundation for the growth of the driver alert systems market, which is expected to reach the ~US$ 3.3 billion mark by the end of 2027. Driver alert systems were initially introduced in high-end or luxury vehicles. However, with significant rise in the number of road deaths, automakers have turned their focus toward integrating advanced driver alert systems in small- and medium-sized cars as well.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Driver Alert Systems Market
Driver Alert Systems Gaining Popularity with Advances in Sensor Technology
In the past decade, road accidents due to driver fatigue have increased at a steady pace. Sensor technology has progressed at a rapid pace in recent years, and at present, sensors are widely deployed across driver alert systems, worldwide. These sensors accurately measure the driver’s blinking patterns and hand position on the steering to gauge whether the driver is fatigued or not. Further, in recent years, companies operating in the driver alert systems market are focusing on developing a system that will provide real-time insights related to the blinking patterns of drivers. These sensors are developed to detect longer eye blinks and alert the driver in advance with the help of a vibrator, to prevent any accident.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
The adoption of these sensors to enhance the accuracy of modern driver alert systems is growing, as prominent car makers in the driver alert systems market, including Ford, Toyota, Volkswagen, and Volvo, among others, continue to focus on improving the safety features of their vehicles. Fueled by advancements in technology and the advent of cost-effective sensors, the adoption of sensors is expected to witness 3X growth over the forecast period (2019-2027). Despite the soaring adoption of sensors in the manufacturing of modern automobiles, participants operating in the driver alert systems market are increasingly exploring the idea of using cameras to improve the accuracy of their driver alert systems. The growing inclination toward cameras is reflected in the projected growth of the cameras segment, which is expected to witness an impressive CAGR growth of ~17% over the assessment period.
Advent of Semi-autonomous Vehicles to Provide Ample Opportunities
With continual advancements in driver assistance technology and growing focus toward the development of autonomous and semi-autonomous vehicles, it is imperative for companies operating in the driver alert systems market to develop efficient alert systems in these vehicles. Anticipating the growing adoption of autonomous vehicles by 2025, the U.S. Department of Transportation has adopted the six levels of vehicle autonomy proposed by the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE). Driver alert systems are expected to be a prerequisite in the future generation of self-driving cars. Several prominent automakers in the driver alert systems market are thereby inclined toward rolling out autonomous and semi-autonomous vehicles equipped with state-of-the-art driver alert systems.
Automakers Striving to Enhance Road Safety and Prevent Accidents
In recent years, automakers have recognized the growing need to improve the functional parameters of their driver alert systems. Prominent players in the global driver alert systems market are showing promising signs of providing advanced safety features using advancements in sensor technology and cameras. For instance, the PRE-SAFE ® system developed by Mercedes predicts a collision using a series of sensors. Further, the Attention Assist feature tracks the driver’s interaction with various controls of the vehicle and alerts the driver if drowsiness or fatigue is detected. The Emergency Assist feature introduced by Skoda sends out a warning signal if unusual driver activity or no steering wheel movement is detected. Similarly, Volkswagen, Ford, Volvo, and other car makers are increasingly investing in technology to prevent road accidents.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Driver Alert Systems Market
Analysts’ Viewpoint of Driver Alert Systems Market
The advent of semi-autonomous and autonomous vehicles will present a plethora of opportunities for participants in the global driver alert systems market over the forecast period. Considering the exponential rise in the number of road accidents caused due to fatigue and drowsiness, worldwide, manufacturers should focus on improving the accuracy of their driver alert systems by using high-quality, efficient, and cost-effective components, including sensors and cameras. Moreover, with self-driving cars on the horizon, the adoption of advanced driver alert systems is likely to witness substantial growth in the near future.
Global Driver Alert Systems Market – Overview
- The global driver alert systems market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~15% from 2019 and 2027.
- In terms of type of driver alert system, the others segment is anticipated to hold a prominent share of the market, as in the others segment, multiple alert systems such as lane departure warning, pedestrian detection technology, and forward collision alert system, are included, which collectively hold a prominent share.
- Based on alert, the sound alert system has been a popular segment for vehicles to transmit alert signals to the driver. The steering and seat vibration system is an emerging technology that is being incorporated in premium vehicles, and consequently, the segment is anticipated to expand notably during the forecast period.
Drivers of Global Driver Alert Systems Market
- Automakers are focused on the development and integration of pre-collision safety systems into their vehicles to make them safer. General Motors and Volvo have set a long-term vision of zero-crash and zero-death in accidents. The adoption of pre-crash safety features, such as driver alert systems, improves the safety rating of the vehicle and boosts consumer confidence, thereby driving vehicle sales.
- Drivers of commercial vehicles, such as heavy haul trucks that are used in logistics and supply and buses, often have long working hours. Consequently, driver fatigue is common and can lead to accidents, thereby compromising the safety of the driver and vehicle occupants. Driver alert systems were introduced in Volvo trucks as early as 2008. Increasing emphasis on driver and passenger safety is projected to drive the adoption of driver alert systems in commercial vehicles.
- According to NHTSA, 41,111 people died due to drowsiness while driving in the U.S between 2013 and 2017. The adoption of fatigue monitoring and driver alert systems is rising, owing to increasing fatalities of drivers and pedestrians alike due to drowsiness while driving. Active initiatives by road transport authorities, worldwide, to promote and encourage the adoption of pre-crash safety features, such as driver alert systems, is projected to drive the market.
- Rising sales of luxury and premium vehicles is estimated to boost the automotive driver alert systems market. In 2018, automakers in China such as BMW, Audi, and Cadillac initiated a price cut in order to boost the sales of luxury vehicles.
- Europe and North America are major markets for luxury vehicles. However, Asia Pacific is a rapidly expanding market, in terms of demand for luxury vehicles, owing to rise in consumer spending power, thereby boosting the sales of luxury vehicles.
Challenges for Global Driver Alert Systems Market
- Automotive driver alert systems offer several advantages; however, there are some restraining factors such as data protection & privacy concerns, stringent regulatory compliance, and infrastructural challenges, which are likely to hamper the driver alert systems market during the forecast period.
- Driver alert system is an advanced technology that comes at a high price. Consumers and manufacturers of entry segment vehicles may refrain from adopting this technology due to its high price. Thus, the price factor may emerge as a major challenge to the driver alert systems market.
- Driver alert systems based on lane marking mapping is likely to prove ineffective on roads that do not having proper lane markings. Therefore, poor road infrastructure is likely to hinder the global automotive driver alert systems market.
Global Driver Alert Systems Market: Key Segments
- The global driver alert systems market has been segmented based on component, type, propulsion, alert, vehicle, supplier, and region.
- Based on component, the sensors segment is expected to hold a major share of the global driver alert systems market, owing to the integration of multiple sensors in a particular driver alert system. The segment held a prominent share of the driver alert systems market, as sensors are a primary component of these systems.
- In terms of type, the others segment held a leading share of the driver alert systems market in 2018. It is anticipated to maintain its dominance during the forecast period, owing to the rising integration of various driver alert systems in vehicles. The segment held a notable share of the driver alert systems market, owing to high penetration of these alert systems in premium vehicles. Drowsiness alert is a major technology incorporated in the driver alert systems, which has witnessed high penetration among vehicles. The technology is gaining popularity, as it prevents accidents that usually occur at night and early morning due to drowsiness of the driver. Consequently, the technology is anticipated to witness significant increase in penetration among premium and luxury vehicles.
- In terms of propulsion, gasoline is anticipated to be a major segment of the global driver alert systems market. It is anticipated to remain a leading segment during the forecast period. Moreover, rising stringency of emission norms has significantly reduced the production of diesel vehicles; however, the segment held a major share of the driver alert systems market, as it is a conventional propulsion system. Hybrid and electric are anticipated to be highly prominent segments of the driver alert systems market, owing to the high emphasis by all governments on the adoption of low or no emission vehicles. Countries in Europe and China are anticipated to be major markets for electric and hybrid vehicles.
- Based on alert, the sound alert segment held a significant share of the global driver alert systems market in 2018. It is anticipated to remain the leading segment of the market. The sound alert system is a highly popular technology, owing to its efficiency to alert the driver. Moreover, it is the oldest technology among all other employed technologies to alert drivers.
- Steering and seat vibration alert system is an emerging technology among vehicles, and the penetration of this alert system is expected to increase in super luxury vehicles, as it is an expensive technology as compared to sound alert and other available systems.
- In terms of vehicle, passenger vehicles has been a key segment of the driver alert systems market in 2018. It is anticipated to maintain its dominance during the forecast period. High production coupled with high penetration of driver alert systems in passenger vehicles is attributed to the notable share held by the passenger vehicles segment of the driver alert systems market. Furthermore, the buses & coaches segment is anticipated to hold a significant share of the driver alert systems market, owing to the high penetration of driver alert systems in buses and coaches in North America and Europe.
Global Driver Alert Systems Market: Regional Analysis
- In terms of region, Asia Pacific is a prominent market for driver alert systems, owing to the high production of vehicles in the region, and rising demand for premium and luxury vehicles in developing countries across the region. The availability of major component manufacturers and presence of major OEMs in the region are key factors attributed to the notable share held by Asia Pacific in the global driver alert systems market.
- Consistent rise in the penetration of driver alert systems across different countries such as China, Germany, Japan, Belgium, France, and the U.K. is a prominent factor driving the global driver alert systems market. Europe is witnessing robust increase in the penetration of driver alert systems. Furthermore, the demand for electric vehicles is expected to rise during the forecast period, which, in turn, is likely to boost the driver alert systems market.
Global Driver Alert Systems Market: Competition Landscape
- Prominent players operating in the global driver alert systems market include
- Continental AG
- STONAKM CO., LTD.
- Magna International Inc.
- Daimler AG
- DENSO Corporation
- Infineon Technologies AG
- HELLA GmbH & Co. KGaA
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Ford Motor Company
- Johnson Controls Inc
- Magneti Marelli S.p.A.
- Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.
- Tata Elxsi
- Valeo SA
- Visteon Corporation
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG.
Driver Alert Systems Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research’s recent report on the driver alert systems market, with the help of a comprehensive outlook, provides readers with an assessment of the global market landscape. This study on the driver alert systems market analyzes the scenario for the period of 2019 to 2027, wherein, 2018 is the base year. This report enables readers to make important decisions with regard to their business, with the help of a wealth of information enclosed in the study.
This TMR study on the driver alert systems market also provides data on the developments made by important players and stakeholders in the market, along with a competitive analysis. The report also provides an understanding of the strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities, along with trends and restraints in the landscape. Presented in a clear sanctioned manner, this report on the driver alert systems market offers reader an individual understanding of the market.
This study also discusses the underlying trends and impact of various factors driving the driver alert systems market, along with their influence on the evolution of the market.
This study also offers Porter’s Five Point Analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory scenario, and SWOT analysis of the driver alert systems market, in order to elaborate crucial growth tactics and opportunities for market players contributing to the market.
Key Questions Answered in Driver Alert Systems Market Report
- How much revenue will the driver alert systems market generate by the end of the forecast period?
- Which segment of the market is likely to hold the maximum market share by 2027?
- Which regions currently contribute the maximum share to the overall driver alert systems market?
- What are the key drivers of the driver alert systems market?
- Which region is likely to be a lucrative market during the forecast period?
- How is the adoption of safety systems shifting across various regions?
- What are the major advancements witnessed in the driver alert systems market?
- How are regulatory norms affecting the market for driver alert systems?
This report answers these questions and more about the driver alert systems market, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making the right decisions and strategizing for the advancement of their business.
Driver Alert Systems Market: Research Methodology
This TMR report on the driver alert systems market is based on a complete and comprehensive evaluation of the market, backed by secondary and primary sources. The competitive scenario of the driver alert systems market is supported by an assessment of different factors that influence the market on a minute and granular level. By thoroughly analyzing the historical data, current trends, and developments in the international seaborne trade, researchers of the driver alert systems market have arrived at predictions and estimations, and calculated the forecasts for the market.
This report uses an analytical triangulation method to estimate the numbers and figures of the driver alert systems market, with both, a bottom-up and top-down approach.
This detailed assessment of the driver alert systems market, along with an overview of the landscape, is provided based on careful examination of the avenues related to this industry. Analysts’ conclusions on how the driver alert systems market is expected to grow are based on carefully-vetted primary and secondary sources.
Driver Alert Systems Market: Segmentation
This report on the driver alert systems market provides information on the basis of component, type, propulsion, alert, vehicle, supplier, and region.
Steering & Seat Vibration
Light Commercial Vehicles
Heavy Commercial Vehicles
Buses & Coaches
Middle East & Africa