Global Downhole Control Lines Market: Introduction
- Downhole control lines include cables designed for use in harsh environments, such as use of chemical injections and well-monitoring applications, wherein strength, corrosion resistance, and reliability are required
- Control lines are available in sizes ranging from 1/8” to 5/8” and a range of materials such as austenitic stainless steel, nickel-based alloy, and duplex stainless-steel tubing
- Downhole control lines are manufactured and tested in compliance with ASTM requirements
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Downhole Control Lines Market
- Rise in the demand for oil and gas led by growth of industrialization, urbanization, and population is driving the demand for drilling across the world. This, in turn, is boosting the global downhole control lines market.
- Increasing investments in the upstream sector are driving the global market. After the sharp price drop in 2014, the global oil & gas industry has been recovering at a steady pace. Introduction of automation and artificial intelligence (AI) has encouraged companies to focus on the exploration and development of new oilfields. The total investment in the upstream sector was valued at US$ 477 Bn in 2018.
- Increase in exploration activities and discovery of new oil and gas reserves are fueling the global oil & gas industry. In January 2019, BP Plc announced the discovery of more than 1 billion barrels of oil in its Thunder Horse field in the Gulf of Mexico. This discovery is likely to stimulate long-term drilling and exploration operations in the near future, leading to steady rise in the demand for downhole control lines during the forecast period.
- High costs of drilling projects and implementation of stringent government regulations about offshore drilling are major factors hampering the global downhole control lines market
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape , ask for a customized report
Welded Control Lines Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- The global downhole control lines market can be segmented based on type, application, and region
- Based on type, the global market can be divided into welded and seamless. The welded segment is expected to dominate the global downhole control lines market during the forecast period. Welded control lines are largely preferred for downhole oil and gas applications. These control lines are used in applications such as surface-controlled subsurface safety valves (SCSSVs), chemical injection, advanced well completions, and gauges. The seamless segment is expected to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period. Seamless control lines are mostly used in shorter-length applications, wherein no orbital welds are required.
- In terms of application, the global downhole control lines market can be divided into chemical injection, advanced well completions, well monitoring, and others
North America to Hold a Major Share of Global Downhole Control Lines Market
- Based on region, the global downhole control lines market can be segregated into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global downhole control lines market in 2018. This trend is projected to continue during the forecast period, due to the discovery of shale reserves in the U.S. and presence of a large number of private oil companies in the region. According to General Electric Company’s Baker Hughes Inc., the oil rig count in the U.S. increased by 42% in 2017 compared to that in 2016, due to the recovery in crude oil prices.
- Middle East & Africa is a major producer of oil in the world. Offshore developments and discoveries, particularly in the Red Sea area, by countries such as Qatar, the UAE, and Saudi Arabia are anticipated to drive the downhole control lines market in the Middle East during the forecast period.
- In terms of discovery, Latin America is the leading region, holding 24% share of the global volumes discovered, which is around 2.1 billion barrels of oil equivalent
- The downhole control lines market in Latin America and Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a considerable pace during the forecast period. Rise in the demand for energy and increase in investments in offshore exploration activities are estimated to drive the market during the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific is among the largest consumers of oil and gas across the world. This is projected to lead to increase in exploration and production activities in the region in the next few years.
Key Players Operating in Global Downhole Control Lines Market
The global downhole control lines market is highly concentrated, with the top companies accounting for approximately 45%–50% of the market share. Key players operating in the global downhole control lines market are:
- Prysmian Group
- Schlumberger Limited
- AMETEK Inc.
- Sandvik AB
- Mid-South Control Line
- PRECISION-HAYES International
Global Downhole Control Lines Market: Research Scope
Global Downhole Control Lines Market, by Type
Global Downhole Control Lines Market, by Application
- Chemical Injection
- Advanced Well Completions
- Well Monitoring
Global Downhole Control Lines Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.