DNA Test Kits Market
DNA Test Kits Market (Sample Type: Saliva and Cheek Swab; Application: Ancestry Testing, Diet & Nutrition, Health & Fitness, Disease Risk Assessment, and Others; and Distribution Channel: Online Stores and Retail Stores) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020 - 2030
Press Release :
DNA Test Kits Hold Promising Potentials to Prevent Coronavirus Diseases in Future
Home DNA test kits have grown in popularity during the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic. Data from popular home genetic testing kits is benefitting scientists to shed light on why people catch coronavirus. Companies in the DNA test kits market are collaborating with researchers to gain proficiency in COVID-19 testing services. This involves ancestry DNA and family tree DNA. With the help of the DNA testing data, healthcare companies are gaining insights to identify genes that respond to the infection.
By understanding the effect genes have on susceptibility to coronavirus, manufacturers in the DNA test kits market are able to effectively combat future disease outbreaks. It has been found that several million people worldwide have used genetic testing services. Hence, researchers are encouraging people to share their DNA data to accelerate discoveries in the COVID-19 treatment. Healthcare companies are increasing efforts to identify genes that influence the risk of developing COVID-19.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the DNA Test Kits Market
Growing Acceptance toward Internet-based DTC Genetic Testing Facilitates Structured Regulations
The DNA test kits market is expected to exceed the market value of US$ 2.7 Bn by 2030. Internet has enabled easy accessibility to direct to consumer genetic testing. In order to meet demands of individuals, companies in the DNA test kits market have bolstered their output capacities for saliva collection testing kits. However, manufacturers need to address local jurisdictions of healthcare authorities that regulate genetic testing. As such, the growing consumer acceptance toward Internet-based DTC genetic testing is anticipated to make regulations more structured and systematic.
DTC genetic testing kits are being highly publicized, since they reduce the involvement of healthcare professionals. Internet-based DNA testing kits are being extended toward recreational testing and medical disease risk information applications, among others.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Online DNA Testing Kits Offer Straightforward DNA Extraction Process
The personal DNA testing is popular now more than ever, as it can be carried out within the comfort of the homes. Such products are translating into incremental opportunities for companies in the DNA test kits market. This explains why the market is estimated to register an astonishing CAGR of ~16% during the forecast period. Apart from ancestry, manufacturers are increasing their R&D capabilities to include health related reports in products. Such products are educating people about their ancestral genetics. Consumers are making their purchase decisions based on relative matching features and simplicity of products. This helps to determine the overall DNA testing experience.
Online reviews of DNA testing kits are bolstering the credibility credentials of manufacturers. This has led to increased recognition of HomeDNA in the DNA test kits market, which is serving as a straightforward DNA extraction process.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on DNA Test Kits Market
Demand for Fitness, Nutrition Translates into Business Opportunities
The increasing number of health conscious individuals are opting for diet & nutrition DNA testing kits. Companies in the DNA test kits market such as DNAFit are gaining prominence for its nearly accurate genetic testing for diet, fitness, and wellness. Manufacturers and suppliers are revolving their marketing campaigns around the start of the new year of 2021 to encourage customers in achieving their fitness goals. The ever-increasing social media community is acting as a key driver for the exponential growth of the global DNA test kits market.
The concept of long-term health is growing increasingly popular among pro health individuals. Diet & nutrition DNA testing kits are helping individuals to explore genetically guided health & wellness solutions. As such, there is a growing demand for fitness, nutrition, and wellbeing makeovers. This has fueled the demand for specialized services in DNA testing.
Affordable Predictive & Pre Symptomatic Testing Gains Prominence in India
Companies in the DNA test kits market are unlocking revenue opportunities in India. Cost-efficient genetic testing is increasingly grabbing the attention of Indian consumers, as conventional DNA testing kits are complex in nature and require long waiting times to procure reports from labs in abroad. Social stigma pertaining to cancer, HIV, and other rare diseases has led to the popularity of genetic testing in India. Affordable test kits are replacing conventional laboratory tests and helping to identify the probability of developing chronic ailments in the future.
Health concerns pertaining to oncology and reproductive health are translating into business expansion opportunities for manufacturers in the India DNA test kits market. As such, predictive & pre symptomatic testing and ancestry help to confirm or rule out suspected genetic conditions.
NGS Tests Gaining Prominence in Breast Cancer Diagnosis
Next-gen sequencing (NGS) is emerging as an important diagnostic tool for patients with breast and ovarian cancer. The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is increasing awareness about genetic testing. This is creating value grab opportunities for companies in the U.S. DNA test kits market who are gaining a strong research base in NGS for patients with inherited ovarian or breast cancer. Moreover, federal agencies such as CMS help to improve innovations in NGS tests in order to bring a significant change in cancer diagnosis.
NGS tests are gaining importance for offering comprehensive genetic analysis of a patient’s cancer, owing to its advantage of providing simultaneous detection of multiple types of genetic alterations. Since cancer patients are under severe financial stress, companies in the U.S. DNA test kits market are increasing efforts to support women’s health by offering them clinically viable information and personalized treatment plans.
Portable Genetic COVID-19 Tests Emerging as Alternative to PCR Tests
Companies in the DNA test kits market are taking cues from Singapore-based medtech company Cell ID Pte. Ltd. to innovate in portable genetic test for COVID-19. This has helped to fuel innovations in mobile apps, which help to run tests on demand eliminating the waiting time associated with batch processing. Companies in the DNA test kits market are increasing the availability of products, which require lesser training times. Portable COVID-19 genetic tests are replacing conventional PCR tests that take extended hours for positive results to appear.
The COVID-19 pandemic has led to the popularity of home DNA test kits. This trend is anticipated to gain momentum, since the concept of home fitness is expected to surge in the upcoming years. Internet-based DTC genetic testing kits are growing in popularity as they minimize the involvement of clinicians. However, the proliferation of such products in the absence of regulations is emerging as a potential damage to public trust. Thus, manufacturers in the DNA test kits market should increase their marketing capabilities to increase consumer acceptance toward online products. The U.S. companies are increasing efforts to increase patient’s access to NGS testing.
DNA Test Kits Market: Overview
- Around 99.5% of all human DNA is similar; however, there are some distinctions, called variants, which separate individuals. Saliva is collected through DNA test kits to extract DNA, while DNA from cells is extracted in a laboratory. Subsequently, the lab processes the DNA sample on a genotyping chip that recites thousands of variants in genome. Genetic data is processed and, based on well-established science and medical studies, customized reports are produced.
- Increase in the number of companies providing ancestry and health & fitness DNA tests directly to consumer genetic testing companies, emphasis on health risk & preventive care, and demand for ancestry DNA testing services is projected to drive the global DNA test kits market
- DNA test kits are used to collect saliva or other samples, which can be further used to extract DNA from them to be processed in laboratories. As of August 1, 2017, there were approximately 75,000 genetic tests on the market, including approximately 10,000 specific types of tests. Of the genetic samples, 86% were single-gene tests. The remaining studies included panel tests, including 9,311 algorithmic analysis multi-analyte assays, 85 noninvasive prenatal tests, 122 complete exome sequencing tests, and 873 complete genome analysis tests, including complete genome sequencing tests.
- Increasing demand for newborn and pre-natal screening for the identification of congenital defects and rising use of biobanking services involving DNA testing as a key step for cord blood banking are further driving progress in this field. Furthermore, greater tendency of physicians toward genetic testing to assess the health of patients at various stages of disease growth is another factor that is expected to drive demand over the next few years.
- Demand for DNA diagnostics is likely to increase due to the implementation of personalized medicine applications to treat chronic disorders that fuels the need for HLA typing and DNA recognition for therapy. Hi-tech advances leading to the commercialization of next-generation diagnostic and research technologies using genetic analysis are also projected to have a significant effect on the DNA test kits market.
Rise in Product Launches and Approvals of DNA Test Kits
- Product launch strategy aims to boost revenue. In March 2016, EasyDNA launched an ancestry testing service, called the British DNA test, primarily aimed at mapping the British heritage of an individual and catering to people of British descent. This launch allowed the company to broaden its current ancestry test portfolio and consolidate its position in the market for DNA testing. Living DNA Ltd. released DNA genealogy and well-being kits at the lowest retail price in October 2019. Rising numbers of product approvals are expected to drive the DNA test kits market during the forecast period.
Market Segmentation: DNA Test Kits Market
- In terms of sample type, the global DNA test kits market has been bifurcated into saliva and cheek swab
- In terms of application, the global DNA test kits market has been classified into ancestry testing, diet & nutrition, health & fitness, disease risk assessment, and others
- Based on distribution channel, the global DNA test kits market has been categorized into online stores and retail stores
- Each of the segments has been analyzed in detail for DNA test kits trends, recent trends & developments, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and useful insights. The DNA test kits market report provides current and future revenue (US$ Mn) for each of these segments for the period from 2018 to 2030, considering 2019 as the base year. The compound annual growth rate (% CAGR) has been provided for each segment and market from 2020 to 2030 along with market size estimations.
Regional Overview: DNA Test Kits Market
- In terms of region, the global DNA test kits market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Rest of World. The regions have been divided into major countries and sub-regions.
- In 2018, the U.S. held a prominent share of the DNA test kits market in North America. The country is expected to retain its market share during the forecast period. Involvement of leading market players such as Ancestry and 23andMe Inc. and an increase in demand for DNA testing services for disease risk assessment are key factors anticipated to drive the DNA test kits market in the U.S. Furthermore, on Christmas and Black Friday, several businesses sell goods with high discounts and promotions. These tactics also led to increase in client base, number of ancestry test subscribers, and sale of DNA test kits.
- Asia Pacific is likely to gain share of the global DNA test kits market during the forecast period. Product launches, acquisitions, distribution agreements, alliances, and geographical expansion by local players, especially in China and Japan, are expected to drive the DNA test kit market in the region. Demand for DNA test kits is also driven by expansion of major industries and launch of DNA test kits by start-up companies in the region. For instance, in April 2018, Prenetics, a Hong Kong-based genetic corporation, acquired the U.K.-based DNAFit to create a dent in the highly competitive global market for DNA test kits.
- Current and future market sizes in terms of value (US$ Mn) of these regional markets and major countries have been provided in the report for the period from 2018 to 2030, along with their CAGRs for the period from 2020 to 2030
- The study also offers a list of recommendations, highlights, and useful insights of the market, which are estimated to help new companies willing to enter the DNA test kits market and existing companies to increase market share and in the decision-making process
- The report concludes with the company profiles section that includes key information about major players in the global DNA test kits market
- Leading players analyzed in the report are
- Maj Ancestry
- 23andMe, Inc.
- MyHeritage Ltd
- Gene by Gene, Ltd
- Living DNA Ltd
- National Geographic Partners LLC
- Helix OpCo LLC
- Veritas, and FitnessGenes
- Each of these players has been profiled in the report based on parameters such as company overview, financial overview, business strategies, product portfolio, business segments, and recent developments
DNA Test Kits Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global DNA test kits market studies the past as well as the current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators for the market during the forecast period from 2020 to 2030. The report provides the revenue of the global DNA test kits market for the period 2018–2030, considering 2019 as the base year and 2030 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) of the global DNA test kits market from 2020 to 2030.
The report has been prepared after extensive research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with key opinion leaders, industry leaders, and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global DNA test kits market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various attributes of the global DNA test kits market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments and sub-segments included in the scope of the study. Moreover, the report sheds light on changing competitive dynamics in the global DNA test kits market. These serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as entities interested in participating in the global DNA test kits market.
The report also delves into the competition landscape of the global DNA test kits market. Key players operating in the global DNA test kits market have been identified and each one of these has been profiled in terms of various attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are attributes of players in the global DNA test kits market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in DNA Test Kits Report
- What is the sales/revenue generated by DNA test kits providers across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are the opportunities in the global DNA test kits market?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats in the global market?
- Which region is set to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which distribution channel segment is expected to generate the highest revenue globally in 2030? Which segment is projected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period?
- What are the market positions of different companies operating in the global market?
DNA Test Kits Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global DNA test kits market begins with an overview, followed by the scope and objectives of the study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind this study and key vendors and distributors operating in the market and regulatory scenario for approval of product.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into smaller ones. The report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that have been appropriately interspersed. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the global DNA test kits market in terms of sample type, application distribution channel, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length, and the market share for each of these at the end of 2030 has been provided. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders to make informed business decisions for investment in the global DNA test kits market.
DNA Test Kits Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global DNA test kits market includes information divided into four segments: sample type, application, distribution channel, and region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these segments of the global DNA test kits market have been discussed in detail.