Disposable Face Mask Market
Disposable Face Mask Market (Product: N95, N99, N100, P95, and Others; Raw Material: Cotton, Polypropylene, Paper, and Others; Securing Method: Hook & Loop and Knit; Layer: 1 Layer, 2 Layer, 3 Layer, 4 Layer, and Above 4 Layer; End Use: Personal and Industry; Distribution Channel: Online and Offline) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020 - 2030
Press Release :
No-sew Disposable Face Masks Being Mass Produced to Meet Demands during COVID-19 Crisis
The outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19) has compromised several companies in the disposable face mask market of their supply chain demands. There is an unprecedented rise in the demand for disposable face masks, especially in healthcare facilities of the U.S. and Europe. A huge gap between demand and supply of face masks has resulted in the shortage of masks worldwide. Hence, companies in the disposable face mask market are placing their best foot forward to contain the spread of COVID-19. For instance, Under Armour-a supplier of innovative sportswear, is gaining efficacy in innovative no-sew masks that are made from a single piece of fabric.
Innovative no-sew face masks hold promising potentials to be mass-produced by manufacturers. However, one of the biggest challenges that manufacturers face is the time-consuming breakdown of micro-plastics, resulting in increased environmental footprint. Hence, manufacturers are increasing the awareness about reusable masks made from cotton and other biodegradable material to reduce the carbon footprint.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Disposable Face Masks Market
High Breathability and Skin-friendly Materials Boost Credibility of Manufacturers
High filtration efficiency and blockages against exhaled droplets are the key focus points that companies in the disposable face mask market are focusing on. For instance, iHealth Labs— a provider of connected health products, is offering its Livocare face mask, which is an easy-to-breathe and multi-layered face mask. As such, 3 layer disposable face masks dictate the highest revenue among all layer types in the market and the disposable face mask market is estimated to reach a production of ~556,700 units by the end of 2030. In order to capitalize on revenue opportunities, manufacturers are increasing their R&D activities in masks made with skin-friendly materials and convenient elastic ear loops to meet demands of individuals and other users.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
There is a growing demand for 3 layer protection disposable face masks made from soft non-woven polypropylenes. As such, polypropylene materials dominate the second-highest revenue among all raw materials in the disposable face mask market.
3D Printed Mask Shields Extend Life of N95 Mask
Companies in the disposable face mask market are unlocking business potentials in 3D (Three Dimensional) mask shields. For instance, Calorine Shaw, manager at the GE Renewable Energy’s wind turbine factory, Florida, is increasing awareness about their innovative 3D printed shield masks that are created to extend the life of N95 disposable face masks. As such, N95 face masks dictate the highest revenue among all products in the disposable face mask market, where the market is expected to reach a value of ~US$ 3 Bn by the end of 2030.
Simple 3D printers are being increasingly used to develop plastic shields for N95 masks. Users are recommended to wear mask shields over N95 masks to limit the exposure of contaminants through the masks. They are also advised on the CGC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) guidelines to efficiently dispose the masks shields. As such, companies are increasing their research in additive manufacturing and mapping its advantages in multiplying production speeds.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Disposable Face Masks Market
The 3 layer and N95 face masks are being highly publicized to protect from coronavirus. However, lack of clinical evidence on whether the masks are effective in filtering COVID-19 particles is still unclear. Hence, companies in the disposable face mask market should manufacture 3D printed mask shields to limit the exposure of N95 masks toward contaminants.
Soft melt blown fabric layers in face masks are being highly preferred by users. Likewise, high elastic flat ear straps are eliminating the issue of strain on ears to hold the mask in place. Since disposable masks are contributing toward the increased environmental footprint, manufacturers are adapting to the trend of biodegradable and reusable cotton masks.
Disposable Face Mask Market: Overview
- A disposable face mask acts as a barrier between the wearer and contaminates. Governments of different countries consider disposable face masks as essential, allowing companies to operate even during lockdown in order to provide end users with face masks during the current pandemic without hampering business.
- Production of cotton face masks is high as a result of raw material availability. However, companies are also working on disposable masks made from paper to overcome raw material availability challenges during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Growing number of COVID-19 affected patients globally is driving the personal usage of disposable face masks. However, the product also has extensive usage in the industrial sector.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to show higher growth rate during the forecast period, owing to growing demand for disposable face masks from emerging economics
Disposable Face Mask Market: Regional Overview
- Asia Pacific is likely to be the most attractive region in the disposable face mask market during the forecast period, due to increasing population, and growing manufacturing and healthcare facilities. The number of regional manufacturers are increasing in the region to meet the increasing demand for disposable face masks.
- North America and Europe are expected to be other major markets for disposable face masks. Effects of COVID-19 in different countries coupled with consumer awareness about the ill effects of air pollution on health are driving market growth.
- High spending power of the working class population is also expected to fuel market growth. The disposable face mask market in Middle East & Africa and South America is expected to witness slow growth during the forecast period.
Disposable Face Mask Market: Trends
- N95 masks safeguard the wearer from 95% of very small particles (0.3 micron). Such masks offer protection from various viruses and hence, the demand for N95 disposable face mask in increasing.
- Disposable face masks eliminates the need for sterilization and helps in controlling cross contamination with other products. These masks are also cost effective, which makes them an attractive option, thus increasing demand for the product.
- The distribution of face masks is now streamlined through government channels. Manufacturers are providing masks to governments who further prioritize the distribution.
- Several manufacturers have increased the production by making production lines functional for 24 hours, as the demand for disposable face masks is increasing
Disposable Face Mask Market: Drivers, Opportunities, and Restraints
- The rise in number of patients increases the risk of healthcare workers getting infected, and thus face masks are widely used in the healthcare segment. The increase in number of surgical procedures around the world is expected to drive the global disposable face mask market during the forecast period.
- Reusable respirators come with air purifying filters, which can be replaced, this increases the life span of the respirator. Manufacturers are advertising reusable respirators for sporting activities and are targeting young consumers. These factors may act as a restraint to the global disposable face mask market during the forecast period.
- The world is facing a shortage of disposable face masks with a huge gap between demand and supply, which creates opportunities for manufacturers to enter the disposable face mask market
Disposable Face Mask Market: Key Market Segments
- The global disposable face mask market has been segmented based on product, raw material, securing method, layer, end use, distribution channel, and region
- In terms of product, the global disposable face mask market has been categorized into N95, N99, N100, P95, and others
- Based on raw material, the global disposable face mask market has been classified into cotton, polypropylene, paper, and others
- Based on securing method, the global disposable face mask market has been classified into hook & loop and knit
- In terms of layer, the global disposable face mask market has been split into 1 layer, 2 layer, 3 layer, 4 layer, and above 4 layer
- In terms of end use, the global disposable face mask market has been bifurcated into personal and industry. Industry is further bifurcated into chemical, oil & gas, defense, pharma & food processing, medical & healthcare, and others.
- In terms of distribution channel, the global disposable face mask market has been segmented into online & offline. Offline is divided into mega retail stores, pharma & drug stores, and others.
- Based on region, the global disposable face mask market has been classified into: North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico, and Rest of North America), Europe (U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe), Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific), Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, and Rest of MEA), and South America (Brazil, Chile, and Rest of South America)
Disposable Face Mask Market: Competition Landscape
- Established manufacturers operating in the global disposable face mask market are facing immense competition, owing to presence of many global and regional manufactures. Major players operating in the global disposable face mask market include
- Honeywell International Inc.
- 3M, Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc.
- Moldex-Metric, Inc.
- RESPILON Ltd.
- RZ Mask
- Respro (U.K.) Ltd
- idMASK Co., Ltd.
Disposable Face Mask Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research’s recent report on the disposable face mask market, with the help of a comprehensive outlook, provides readers with an assessment of the global market landscape. This study on the global disposable face mask market analyzes the scenario for the period from 2020 to 2030, wherein 2019 is the base year and 2018 and earlier is historical data. The report enables readers to make important decisions regarding to their business, with the help of a wealth of information enclosed in the study.
This TMR study on the global disposable face mask market provides data on the developments of important players and stakeholders in the market, along with a competitive analysis. The report also provides an understanding of strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities, along with trends and restraints in the landscape. Presented in a clear, sanctioned manner, the report on the global disposable face mask market gives readers an individual understanding of the market.
The study discusses the underlying trends and the impact of various factors that are driving the global disposable face mask market, along with their influence on the evolution of the market.
The study also offers Porter’s Five Forces analysis, value chain analysis, technology analysis, price trend analysis, and SWOT analysis of the global disposable face mask market in order to elaborate crucial growth tactics and opportunities for market players contributing to the market.
Key Questions Answered in This Report on Disposable Face Mask Market
- How much revenue will the global disposable face mask market generate by the end of the forecast period?
- What type of disposable face mask is likely to hold the maximum market share by 2030?
- What regions currently contribute the maximum share to the overall disposable face mask market?
- What are the indicators expected to drive the global disposable face mask market?
- Which region is likely to be a lucrative market during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies incorporated by key stakeholders in the global disposable face mask market to expand their geographical presence?
- What are the major advancements witnessed in the global disposable face mask market?
This report answers these questions and more about the global disposable face mask market, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making the right decisions and strategizing for the advancement of their business.
Disposable Face Mask Market – Research Methodology
This TMR report on the global disposable face mask market is based on a complete and comprehensive evaluation of the market, backed by secondary and primary sources. The competitive scenario of the global disposable face mask market is supported by an assessment of different factors that influence the market on a minute and granular level. By thoroughly analyzing the historical data and current trends, researchers of the disposable face mask market arrive at predictions and estimations, and calculate the forecast for the market.
This report uses an analytical triangulation method to estimate numbers and figures of the global disposable face mask market, with both a bottom-up and top-down approach.
The detailed assessment of the global disposable face mask market, along with an overview of the landscape, has been provided based on a careful examination of the avenues related to this market. Analysts’ conclusions on how the global disposable face mask market is set to grow are based on carefully vetted primary and secondary sources.
Disposable Face Mask Market – Segmentation
The report on the global disposable face mask market provides information on the basis of product, raw material, securing method, layer, end use, distribution channel, and region.
Middle East &