Digital Pathology Market
Digital Pathology Market (Product Type - Image Analysis Software and Scanners; End use - Diagnostic Laboratories, Academic and Research Centers, Pharmaceutical Companies; Applications - Diagnosis, Consulting Services, Educational) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global digital pathology market for the historical period 2017–2018 and forecast period 2019–2027, rising awareness about digital pathology and increase in demand for advanced technology are the factors likely to boost the growth of digital pathology market. Moreover, high incidence and prevalence of cancer and other chronic diseases is poised to escalate the growth of digital pathology market.
- According to the report, the global digital pathology market was valued at US$ 0.38 Bn in 2018 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of over 12.0% from 2019 to 2027
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Digital Pathology Market?
Rise in Focus on Research & Development and Increase in Prevalence of Cancer: Key Drivers of Global Digital Pathology Market
- Cancer is emerging as crucial public health problem worldwide and it is unconquered. World Health Organization states that, in 2018, estimated 9.6 million deaths and 18.1 million new cases of cancer were recorded globally
- There is an increase in the number of cancer cases due to growing elderly population globally coupled with unhealthy lifestyles. According to Cancer Facts & Figures 2019, estimated number of older adults, aged 85 years and above was 6.4 million in 2016 and it is expected to reach 19.0 million by 2060. In 2019, 1,944,280 adults aged 85 and older were alive with a history of cancer
- Breast, lung and prostate cancers are the most frequently diagnosed types of cancer in industrialized countries such as the U.S., U.K. and Japan. Hence, increasing incidences of cancer accentuates the uptake of digital pathology systems market during the study period. This in turn is projected to boost the growth of global digital pathology market.
- Preclinical studies using animal model and clinical trials play an important role assessing the safety and efficacy of the drugs. Digital pathology aids in minimizing the error rate, storage of the drug data, also the integration of the data in electronic health records (EHRs), and evaluation of the patient’s response to a particular drug etc.
- Rising focus on research and development for drug development and drug discoveries is leading to surge in number of clinical and preclinical trials which is augmenting the growth of global digital pathology market. Furthermore, rise in number of research conducted in academics and research institutes is likely to augment the growth of market.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Technological Advancements Propel Global Digital Pathology Market Growth
- Manual interpretation of tissue slides for disease diagnosis purpose is costly and labor extensive that increases error and inconsistency in the diagnostic result and it increases the risk of diagnostic failure and impedes decision making process.
- Technological advancements in digital pathology helps to overcome limitation as these systems provide efficient and effective results of diagnostic tests.
- Moreover, digital pathology systems can analyze large array of slides within short duration without any diagnostic error. These factors collectively account for the global market demand of digital pathology systems during the forecast period
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
High Cost of the System to Hamper Global Digital Pathology Market
- High cost associated with technologically advanced digital pathology system is expected to restrain the growth of digital pathology market. For instance, the average cost of the digital pathology systems for telepathology and whole slide imaging is between US$ 30 000 and US$ 300 000, which can be unaffordable for many low resource environment in developing countries
- In addition to the cost, the digital pathology systems require costly infrastructure such as larger memory to store data, thereby restricting the usage of digital pathology system this is leading to restraining the growth of global digital pathology market
Stringent Regulations to Restrain Global Digital Pathology Market
- Slide scanners and whole slide imaging devices are involved in the digital pathology systems for diagnostic purpose and these devices require the regulatory approval before commercialization.
- In addition, in the U.S. market, clinical laboratories have to meet the criteria and standards of Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) and College of American Pathologist (CAP) pertaining to the utilization of digital pathology.
- Few CLIA regulations are required to be considered for implementing a digital pathology system for diagnosis purpose such as Section 493.1251 (procedure manual), Section 493.1252 (test systems, equipment, instruments) and Section 493.1253 (establishment and verification of performance).
- Such regulations imposed by agencies such as FDA, CLIA and CAP on digital pathology systems, manufacturers experience a tough phase throughout the approval process and commercialization of their products, which restrains the growth of the global digital pathology market
Global Digital Pathology Market: Competitive Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global digital pathology market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- The global digital pathology market is highly fragmented, with the presence of a number of international as well as regional players
- Leading players operating in the global digital pathology market are
- Leica Biosystems Imaging, Inc
- OLYMPUS CORPORATION
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Mikroscan Technologies, Inc.
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Sectra AB and Inspirata
Global Digital Pathology Market: Key Developments
Key players in the global digital pathology market are engaged in regulatory approvals, technologically advanced products, launch of new products, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies are likely to fuel the growth of the global digital pathology market. A few expansion strategies adopted by players operating in the global digital pathology market are:
- In February 2019, Neuberg Diagnostics and OptraSCAN Inc. announced the launch of Global TELEPath Network for the pathologist community in UAE, India and South Africa under a new joint venture namely Neuberg DIGIPATH. This is enabled to increase focus on providing advanced and affordable digital pathology solutions
- In March 2018, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd announced the launch of VENTANA DP 200 slide scanner for digital pathology. The slide scanner is high speed and produces images with high image quality. The launch of the product will broaden the product portfolio of the company and strengthen its position in digital pathology market.
- In January 2018, Inspirata announced that it has acquired the company Omnyx from GE healthcare. The acquisition of the company will ensure that Inspirata has the one of the most comprehensive digital pathology solution work flow
The report on the global digital pathology market discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of digital pathology. The competitive landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global digital pathology market
TMR’s report on the global digital pathology market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides revenue of the global digital pathology market for the period 2017–2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global digital pathology market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global digital pathology market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, company presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global digital pathology market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global digital pathology market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global digital pathology market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global digital pathology market. Key players operating in the global digital pathology market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global digital pathology market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Global Digital Pathology Market Report
- What is the scope of growth for product companies in the global digital pathology market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global digital pathology market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the global digital pathology market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for digital pathology providers?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the growth of the global digital pathology market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global digital pathology market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global digital pathology market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary research sources referred to by analysts during the production of the global digital pathology market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the digital pathology market as primary methods.
These primary research respondents have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the digital pathology market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global digital pathology market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenues for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global digital pathology more reliably and accurately.
Regional Segmentation of Digital Pathology Market
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Global Digital Pathology Market - Segmentation
Image Analysis Software
Academic & Research Centers
Middle East & Africa