Digital Orthodontics Market: Introduction
- The use of digital technology into various aspects of orthodontic treatment is resulting in a technique of practicing orthodontics known as digital orthodontics. In digital orthodontics, the provider collects information using technology, analyses potential tooth or jaw problems using digital software platforms, and subsequently executes the treatment plan utilizing equipment built on digital ecosystems. Digital orthodontics enables an orthodontist to make measurements, manufacture appliances, clear aligners, wires, and retainers, and utilize no-goop 3D printed impressions.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Digital Orthodontics Market
- The technology used in orthodontic treatment is advancing at a rapid pace. The current dental technology is different from what it was some decades ago. Growing public awareness about dental health and oral care has made it more of a lifestyle choice for people all over the world. An increase in periodontal or gum disease incidences as well as the risk of oral cancer is expected to boost the global orthodontics market in the next few years.
- Several initiatives launched by different government and non-government organizations for research and investment in digital orthodontics treatments are also likely to provide significant opportunities for the market during the forecast period. On the other hand, unfavorable reimbursement regulations, limited insurance coverage, and the high cost associated with digital orthodontics are projected to hinder the market.
- COVID 19 has resulted in the shutdown of several manufacturing units, restraining the global digital orthodontics market. Several prominent medical device manufacturers are focused on the development of equipment needed in the treatment of coronavirus cure, posing a challenge to the global digital orthodontics market. A significant decrease in patient hospital visits has also had a negative impact on the global digital orthodontics market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Digital Orthodontics Market
- North America is expected to account for a major share of the global digital orthodontics market. Rise in number of dental practices and hospitals, technological improvements, ageing population, and the presence of key market competitor’s region are likely to boost the market in the region.
- The digital orthodontics market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to a rapid increase in population and increase in awareness about the importance of oral health among people
Key Players Operating in Global Digital Orthodontics Market
The key market players have been focusing on organic growth strategies such as product launches and product approval. These activities have created opportunities for businesses and the customer base of these players. Major players operating in the global market have been listed below:
- Nikon Corporation
- Fujifilm Holding Corporation
- Stratasys Ltd.
- Olympus Corporation
- GDC Holdings Inc.
- Carestream Health Inc.
- Align Technology Inc.
- Ormco Corporation
Global Digital Orthodontics Market: Research Scope
Global Digital Orthodontics Market, by Product
- 3D printers
- 3D imaging
Global Digital Orthodontics Market, by End-user
- Dental Clinics
- Research & Academic Institutes
Global Digital Orthodontics Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!