Clear Aligners Market: Introduction
- Clear aligners are invisible and modern methods of correcting moderate and mild orthodontic problems. It is a solution for patients who are seeking a more discreet orthodontic treatment than conventional braces. Orthodontic treatment using clear aligners is faster than traditional braces.
Key Drivers and Opportunities of Global Clear Aligners Market
- Rise in prevalence of dental diseases is projected to boost the growth of the global clear aligners market. According to the FDI World Dental Federation, an estimated 3.9 billion people across the world are affected by oral diseases and 15% to 20% of middle-aged adults have periodontal (gum) disease.
- Moreover, rise in demand for clear aligners owing to surge in number of people with orthodontic diseases fuels the growth of the global market. Unhealthy diet (particularly one rich in sugar), poor oral hygiene, tobacco use, and harmful alcohol use are the factors leading to increase in risk factors for oral disease.
- Growth of the global clear aligners market can be also attributed to strategic investments by key players. For instance, in March 2020, Align Technology, Inc. acquired Global Holdings GmbH (exocad). This acquisition enabled the company to strengthen its Align digital platform, which delivers innovative tools and features for diagnostic, restorative, implant, and orthodontic workflows.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Clear Aligners Market Report
- Adoption of technologically advanced products is anticipated to accelerate the growth of the global market. Key players operating in the market are engaged in research & development in order to develop advanced new products. For instance, in February 2020, DenMat Holdings, LLC announced that it had entered into the clear aligners market after receiving FDA 510k for its new system in December of 2019. In October 2019, Align Technology, Inc. launched Invisalign to empower doctors with new tools and technology to better serve the rapidly expanding market for clear aligner treatment owing to rise in consumer demand for clear aligners.
- However, lack of knowledge about certain types of dental health care needs is expected to hamper the growth of the global clear aligners market. Moreover, high cost of the treatment restrains the global market. For instance, in the U.S., approximately US$ 110 Bn are spent on oral health each year.
- Government initiatives to develop health care infrastructure in developing countries and rise in prevalence of oral diseases in emerging countries present lucrative opportunities in the global clear aligner market
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Clear Aligners Market
- North America is projected to account for major share of the global clear aligners market due to presence of key players, early adoption of technologically advanced products, and high awareness among the population
- The clear aligners market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to increase in awareness and rise in prevalence of orthodontic diseases. An article published in the Global Health Journal stated that prevalence of caries in China was above 50% in all age groups.
Stuck in a Neck-to-Neck Competition with Other Brands? Request a Custom Report on “Clear Aligners Market” here
Key Players Operating in Global Clear Aligners Market
The global clear aligners market is highly consolidated due to the presence small number of key players. Demand for clear aligner products has increased in emerging as well as developed markets owing to rise in prevalence of orthodontic diseases. Growth strategies adopted by leading players are likely to drive the global market. For instance, January 2020, Bellevue Orthodontics launched same-day clear aligners using 3D printing.
Major players operating in the global clear aligners market are:
- V Clear Aligners
- Align Technology, Inc.
- Ormco Corporation
- SCHEU DENTAL GmbH
- Henry Schein Orthodontics
- TP Orthodontics, Inc.
Global Clear Aligners Market: Research Scope
Global Clear Aligners Market, by Material
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
- Polyethylene Terephthalate Glycol (PETG)
Global Clear Aligners Market, by End-user
- Dental Clinics
Global Clear Aligners Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.