Diabetic Foot Ulcers Treatment Market
Diabetic Foot Ulcers Treatment Market (Treatment Type: Wound Care Dressing, Wound Care Devices, Active Therapies, and Others; Grade: Grade 1, Grade 2, Grade 3, Grade 4, and Grade 5; Type of Ulcer: Neuropathic Ulcers and Ischemic Ulcers; and End User: Hospital Inpatient Settings, Hospital Outpatient Settings, Community Health Centers, and Home Health Care) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Surge in Number of Amputations Due to Diabetic Foot Ulcers to Propel Diabetic Foot Ulcers Treatment Market
Diabetic foot ulcers are a global concern and continue to affect millions of people worldwide. A significant percentage of leg amputations across the world are performed due to diabetic ulcers and thus, the demand for efficient medication and treatment to address this problem is on the rise. In 2018, nearly 30 million individuals in the U.S. had diabetes, of which around 25% suffered from diabetic foot ulcers. According to the Diabetic Foot Journal, in 2019, around 169,000 individuals had diabetic foot ulcers in the U.K. These staggering numbers suggest that the prevalence of diabetic foot ulcers is ascending even in developed regions.
Research and development activities in the diabetic foot ulcers treatment market are predominantly focused on the development of new therapies. Significant efforts are being made to improve the healing process of diabetic foot ulcers. Within the diabetic foot ulcers treatment market, advanced wound care systems or devices are expected to play an imperative role in improving treatments for diabetic foot ulcers in the near future. Despite significant progress in the past couple of decades, diabetic foot ulcers continue to be a burden on the global healthcare system. Thus, the global diabetic foot ulcers treatment market is projected to reach a market value of ~US$ 9.6 Bn by the end of 2027.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Diabetic Foot Ulcers Treatment Market
Efficacy of Existing Treatment under Scrutiny
Despite steady progress made in terms of the detection of diabetes, prevention of diabetic foot ulcers continues to be a major challenge– a factor contributing to the rising prevalence of diabetic foot ulcers worldwide. Moreover, despite a significant understanding of various risk factors linked with the development of ulceration, there is little clarity with regard to which factor has the highest impact. In recent decades, an array of dressings and diabetic foot ulcers treatments were formulated to fasten the healing process. However, based on the evidence available from various studies conducted to evaluate the efficacy of existing diabetic foot ulcers treatments, healthcare experts are increasingly finding it difficult to recommend a treatment or a type of dressing.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
In recent years, within the diabetic foot ulcers treatment market, the use of antibiotics to treat infections and revascularization for peripheral artery disease (PAD) has gained significant acceptance and the trend is set to continue during the forecast period (2019-2027). Traditional wound care products in the diabetic foot ulcers treatment market will continue to gain preference over pressure relief devices during the assessment period, owing to major improvements in their ability to fast track the healing process.
Emergence of New Diabetic Foot Ulcer Treatments
With significant rise in awareness about the catastrophic effects of untreated diabetic foot ulcers, the demand for efficient and highly effective wound healing treatments is witnessing considerable growth. Stakeholders in the diabetic foot ulcers treatment market are continually investing resources to develop new treatments leveraging advanced technologies. Furthermore, significant rise in the number of leg amputations due to diabetic foot ulcers has played a key role in accelerating research for new treatments. In recent years, topical oxygen therapy has garnered significant popularity and is set to gain notable traction, owing to its exceptional wound healing capabilities. With additional research being carried out to determine the effectiveness of topical oxygen therapy to manage and heal diabetic foot ulcers, the future for topic oxygen therapy looks promising.
New Wound Care Devices Offer Better Outcome in Patients Suffering from Diabetic Foot Ulcers
Wound care is expected to remain the focal point of research and development activities related to diabetic foot ulcers treatment. With the common objective of reducing the number of amputations caused by diabetic foot ulcers, stakeholders in the current diabetic foot ulcers treatment market are currently working on developing new wound care devices.
For instance, Edixomed launched a new wound care device that utilizes the properties of nitric oxide to fasten the healing process of diabetic foot ulcers and minimize the number of leg amputations. The recently developed wound care system, the EDX110, healed diabetic foot ulcers at a faster rate in comparison with the traditionally used standard care dressings in the U.K. With the entry of similar innovative products in the diabetic foot ulcers treatment market, diabetic foot ulcers treatment are set to witness significant developments in coming years.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
The global diabetic foot ulcers treatment market is expected to grow at a healthy CAGR of 7.5% during the forecast period. The growth can be largely attributed to the rising number of diabetic cases in both developed as well as developing regions. Furthermore, a significant increase in the number of amputations due to diabetic foot ulcers is expected to accelerate the demand for effective diabetic foot ulcers treatment during the forecast period. Research and development activities will play a pivotal role in the development of new wound care devices and lead to advancements in diabetic foot ulcers treatment, thus driving the diabetic foot ulcers treatment market.
Diabetic Foot Ulcers Treatment Market: Overview
- This report analyzes the current scenario and future prospects of the global diabetic foot ulcers treatment market. Rise in geriatric population and increase in people suffering from chronic diseases such as diabetes and HIV are expected to increase at a rapid pace in the next few years. Based on the United Nations Report 2017, the geriatric population aged 62 years and above is expected to double by 2050. The number is anticipated to increase from 965 million in 2017 to roughly 2.2 billion by 2050.
- According to the International Diabetes Federation, in 2015, estimated 420 million people across the world were suffering from diabetes. According to the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) statistics, around 15% of the diabetic population is at a risk of acquiring diabetic foot ulcers and 24% of the diabetic foot ulcers progress toward hard to heal ulcer stages requiring foot amputation. Rise in incidence of diabetes, increased risk of diabetic foot ulcers in the diabetic population, and lack of preventive measures, are some major factors responsible for high growth of the diabetic foot ulcers segment in the global diabetic foot ulcers treatment market during the forecast period.
- Moreover, the geriatric patient pool in developing regions such as Latin America, Asia, and Africa is likely to increase rapidly. Population in developed countries such as the U.S., Germany, and Japan is aging rapidly. According to the U.S. Census Board, people older than the age 65 represented around 15% of the total population of the U.S. in 2010 and the number is expected to increase by about 25% by 2030. Geriatric population is highly susceptible to chronic diseases as well as developing different types of ulcers. This scenario is expected to drive the diabetic foot ulcers treatment market in coming years.
- The report provides an elaborate executive summary, which provides a snapshot of various segments of the diabetic foot ulcers treatment market. It also provides information and data analysis of the global diabetic foot ulcers treatment market with regards to segments based on treatment type, type of ulcer, grade, end user, and region.
- The overview section of the diabetic foot ulcers treatment market report provides a detailed qualitative analysis of drivers, restraints, and opportunities that impact the global diabetic foot ulcers treatment market
- The report includes company profiles that provide information about their business, product portfolios, and competitive landscape in the diabetic foot ulcers treatment market
- The report on the global diabetic foot ulcers treatment market offers market attractiveness analysis of regions and segments
- The last section of the diabetic foot ulcers treatment market comprises quantitative and qualitative analysis on market share/position of key players operating in the global diabetic foot ulcers treatment market. It analyzes key competitive strategies adopted by major industry players, thereby presenting a thorough understanding of the competitive scenario in the global diabetic foot ulcers treatment market.
- Market size of global diabetic foot ulcers treatment market and forecast for each of these segments have been provided from 2017 to 2027. The CAGR of respective segment has also been provided from 2019 to 2027, considering 2018 as the base year.
Diabetic Foot Ulcers Treatment Market: Regional Outlook
- In terms of region, the global diabetic foot ulcers treatment market has been divided into North America (the U.S. and Canada), Europe (the U.K., Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and Rest of Europe), Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, Australia and New Zealand, and Rest of Asia Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Rest of Latin America), and Middle East & Africa (GCC, South Africa, Israel, and Rest of Middle East & Africa). Each region considered in the market has been further divided into countries/sub-regions.
- The diabetic foot ulcers treatment market report provides size and forecast for each region and country/sub-region from 2017 to 2027. CAGRs for each of these regions and countries have also been provided for the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The diabetic foot ulcers treatment market study also covers the competitive scenario in these regions.
Companies Covered in Diabetic Foot Ulcers Treatment Market Report
- Key players in the global diabetic foot ulcers treatment market have been profiled based on attributes such as company overview, product portfolio, financial overview, recent developments, and competitive business strategies
- Major players having presence in the global diabetic foot ulcers treatment market include
- 3M Healthcare
- Smith & Nephew Plc.
- Acelity L.P. Inc.
- ConvaTec, Inc.
- Molnlycke Health Care AB
- Coloplast A/S
- Medtronic Plc
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Organogenesis, Inc.
- Medline Industries, Inc.,
- BSN Medical GMBH
Diabetic Foot Ulcers Treatment Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global diabetic foot ulcers treatment market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the same indicators for the said market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides the overall market revenue of the global diabetic foot ulcers treatment market for the period of 2017–2027, with 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global diabetic foot ulcers treatment market for the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive research. Primary research involves bulk of research efforts, wherein, analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involves referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global diabetic foot ulcers treatment market.
Secondary research also includes Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts have also employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomena in the global diabetic foot ulcers treatment market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global diabetic foot ulcers treatment market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global diabetic foot ulcers treatment market. The next section of the global report highlights the USPs, which include regulatory scenario, reimbursement scenario, key mergers & acquisitions, technological advancements, and key industry developments in the global diabetic foot ulcers treatment market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global diabetic foot ulcers treatment market. Key players operating in the global diabetic foot ulcers treatment market have been identified, and each one of them has been profiled for their distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOTs are some of the attributes of players in the global diabetic foot ulcers treatment market profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Diabetic Foot Ulcers Treatment Market Report
- What are the major drivers, restraints, opportunities in the market?
- What are the revenue share projections of key segments in the global diabetic foot ulcers treatment market during the forecast period?
- Which segment is likely to lead the diabetic foot ulcers treatment market in terms of revenue by 2027?
- How mergers & acquisitions among players are widening the scope for market?
- What are the market positions of different companies operating in the global diabetic foot ulcers treatment market?
Diabetic Foot Ulcers Treatment Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global diabetic foot ulcers treatment market begins with an overview of the said market, followed by the scope and objectives of this study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind this study and healthcare compliances laid down by accredited agencies in the purview of research in the global diabetic foot ulcers treatment market. It is followed by market introduction, market dynamics, and an overview of the global diabetic foot ulcers treatment market, which includes TMR analysis of market drivers, restraints, and trends affecting the growth of the global diabetic foot ulcers treatment market. Furthermore, to understand the Y-o-Y trends of the diabetic foot ulcers treatment market, a Y-o-Y analysis with elaborated insights on the same has been provided. The next section of the global report highlights the USPs, which include regulatory scenario, reimbursement scenario, key mergers & acquisitions, technological advancements, and key industry developments in the global market.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section further divided into small sections. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of the market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the global diabetic foot ulcers treatment market in terms of treatment type, grade, type of ulcer, end user, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length, and the market share for each of them at the end of 2027 has been provided herein. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investments in the diabetic foot ulcers treatment market.
Diabetic Foot Ulcers Treatment Market – Segmentation
Wound Care Dressing (Antimicrobial Dressings
Wound Care Devices
(NPWT [Negative Pressure Wound Therapy]
HBOT & Electromagnetic Therapy)
(Skin Grafts & Substitutes
Hemostatic Agents & Sealants)
(Pressure Relief Devices
Traditional Wound Care Products
Type of Ulcer
Hospital Inpatient Settings
Hospital Outpatient Settings
Community Health Centers
Home Health Care
Middle East & Africa