Diabetic Foot Ulcer Treatment Market: Introduction
- Diabetic foot ulcers are one of the most common concerns of patients who have diabetes mellitus that is not well controlled. It is also one of the common causes of osteomyelitis of the foot. Areas of the foot that experience repetitive trauma and pressure sensations are the most commonly affected parts for ulcers.
- Diabetic foot ulcers affect more patients than any other diabetic complications worldwide. A significant percentage of leg amputation occurs in diabetic patients across the world and hence, the demand for efficient medication and treatment to address this issue is on the rise.
- The common organisms witnessed in a diabetic foot ulcer are Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and rarely E. coli. Diabetes patients have a higher carriage rate of Staphylococcus aureus in the nares and skin, and this increases the chances of infection of the ulcer.
- Diabetic ulcers are becoming more common due to a rise in the incidence of both type- I and maturity-onset diabetes in developed economies worldwide. Thus, an increase in the incidence of diabetic foot ulcers is expected to drive the diabetic foot ulcers treatment market in the next few years.
Key Drivers and Opportunities of Diabetic Foot Ulcer Treatment Market
- An increase in the occurrence of chronic diseases, such as diabetes, cancer, and HIV, is fueling the risk of diabetic foot ulcers among the diabetic population and boosting hospital stays as well
- Consistent increase in obesity and peripheral artery diseases among developed and developing countries leads to decreased mobility and increased risk of acquiring chronic ulcers
- The wound care dressings segment is anticipated to hold a major share of the market during the forecast period. An increase in the incidence of peripheral vascular as well sugar-related diseases and other chronic diseases leading to rising risk of hospital-acquired pressure ulcers is expected to drive the segment during the forecast period.
- A significant increase in the new treatments and advanced technology in diabetic foot ulcers treatment has been witnessed, which in turn is expected to play an essential role in improving treatments for diabetic foot ulcers in the near future. The future for topical oxygen therapy looks promising owing to additional research being carried out to determine the effectiveness of topical oxygen therapy to manage and heal diabetic foot ulcers.
North America to Dominate Diabetic Foot Ulcer Treatment Market
- Rise in number of diabetic patients and adequate healthcare facilities in North America is a key factor attributed to the domination of the region in the global market. An increase in government initiatives and funding for R&D sectors is a major factor driving the market in the region.
- According to the U.S. Census Board, in 2010, people older than the age of 65 represented around 15% of the total population of the U.S. This number is expected to increase by about 25% by 2030. The geriatric population is highly susceptible to chronic diseases as well as developing different types of ulcers. This scenario is expected to drive the diabetic foot ulcers treatment market in the next few years.
- Europe is expected to hold the second-largest share of the global market, followed by the Asia Pacific. The market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a notable CAGR during the forecast period. Increasing prevalence of diabetes and a large geriatric population base in both India and China are fueling the market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Diabetic Foot Ulcer Treatment Market
- Key players operating in the global diabetic foot ulcers treatment market have been profiled based on attributes such as company overview, product portfolio, financial overview, recent developments, and competitive business strategies
- Major players having presence in the global diabetic foot ulcers treatment market include
- 3M Healthcare
- Smith & Nephew Plc.
- Acelity L.P. Inc.
- ConvaTec, Inc.
- Molnlycke Health Care AB
- Coloplast A/S
- Medtronic Plc
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Organogenesis, Inc.
- Medline Industries, Inc.,
- BSN Medical GMBH
Diabetic Foot Ulcer Treatment Market: Research Scope
Diabetic Foot Ulcer Treatment Market, by Type of Ulcer
- Neuropathic Ulcers
- Neuro-Ischemic and Ischemic Ulcers
Diabetic Foot Ulcer Treatment Market, by Grade
- Grade 1
- Grade 2
- Grade 3
- Grade 4
- Grade 5
Diabetic Foot Ulcer Treatment Market, by End-user
- Hospital Inpatient Settings
- Hospital Outpatient Settings
- Community Medical Centers
- Home Health Care
Diabetic Foot Ulcer Treatment Market, by Treatment Type
- Wound Care Dressings
- Wound Care Devices
- Active Therapies
Diabetic Foot Ulcer Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.