Connected TV Market: Introduction
- A connected TV refers to a TV that helps users to watch videos with the help of internet connectivity. These are designed to provide a more immersive experience for viewers by delivering interactive features such as social networking, web browsing, video-on-demand, and video streaming, along with regular television content.
- Connected TVs, much like smartphones and smart home devices, offer internet connectivity and support for a range of web platforms and apps. This is likely to drive demand from users in the coming years.
Key Drivers of the Global Connected TV Market
- Rising disposable income of users along with increasing investment of users in electronic entertainment devices is influencing the growth of the connected TV market. Manufacturers are offering end-users technologically advanced products with high resolution, which is likely to lead to the growth of the connected TV market. Moreover, increasing number of television viewers and rising popularity of video watching through online channels such as apps, web platforms, and other internet platforms is anticipated to drive the growth of the global connected TV market throughout the forecast years.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Asia Pacific the Dominant Connected TV Market
- In terms of geography, the global connected TV market can be divided into five regions -North America (NA), Europe (EU), Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America (SA)
- North America country-level analysis features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the connected TV market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, the Asia Pacific market includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the connected TV market analysis and forecast of GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The South America connected TV market is segmented into Brazil, and Rest of South America.
- Asia Pacific is projected to hold major share of the market throughout the forecast period owing to rising demand for connected TVs along with increasing dependency of users on internet-based devices across the region.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Various companies are adopting latest technologies and are intending to invest more in product development and research & development, to gain share in the connected TV market. In addition, manufacturers are focusing on improving production capacity in order to fulfill the requirements of end-users and remain competitive in the fragmented market.
A few of the key players operating in the global connected TV market are listed below:
- Apple Inc.
- Haier Group Corporation
- Hisense Group Co. Ltd
- Hitachi Ltd
- Insignia Systems Inc.
- IZIO Inc.
- Koninklijke Philips NV
- LG Electronics Inc.
- Panasonic Corporation
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd
- Sony Corporation
- TCL Corporation
- Westinghouse Electric Corporation
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Connected TV Market, Request for a Sample
Global Connected TV Market: Research Scope
Global Connected TV Market, by Resolution Type
- 4K UHD TV
- Full HD TV
Global Connected TV Market, by Inch
- Below 30 Inch
- 30-40 Inch
- 40-50 Inch
- Above 50 Inch
Global Connected TV Market, by Panel Type
Global Connected TV Market, by Price Range
Global Connected TV Market, by End-use
- Entertainment Services
- Others (Travel Services, Fitness Centers, etc.)
Global Connected TV Market, by Distribution Channel
- E-commerce Portal
- Company Owned Portal
- Supermarkets & Hypermarkets
- Specialty Stores
Global Connected TV Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report on the global connected TV market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on market segments and regions.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.