Connected Injectable Drug Delivery Devices Market: Introduction
- Health care professionals readily use connected injectable drug delivery devices, which help them record dosing patterns of patients. These drug delivery devices help in identifying a patient’s issues with respect to the treatment, medication, and other disease management protocols which are of major concern for pharmaceutical and health care industries. Usually, these devices are designed to be patient centric.
- Some of the factors taken into account while making these designs are human factor analysis, comfortability, and user friendliness. Human factor analysis benefits both the physician and the patients in terms of safety.
- Over the last few years, use of injectable contraceptives, which come under connected injectable medical devices, has increased significantly, due to increase in the demand for precise diagnosis.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Connected Injectable Drug Delivery Devices Market Report
Key Drivers of Global Connected Injectable Drug Delivery Devices Market
- The global connected injectable drug delivery devices market is expected to expand rapidly in the next few years, due to rise in the prevalence of chronic diseases and convenience and benefits offered by these devices
- Increasing patient population and rising unmet medical needs augmenting the demand for health care services lead to rise in the cost pressure on global health care systems. This is expected to drive the global connected injectable drug delivery devices market in the next few years. For example, according to the American Arthritis Association, in 2017, rheumatoid arthritis (RA) affected over 1.5 million people in the U.S. Similarly, increase in the incidence of diabetes is expected to drive the global connected injectable drug delivery devices market in the near future.
- Currently, interest in connected drug delivery devices is increasing, due to advancements in and use of the microneedle technology for industrial applications of hormones and vaccines. Most health care companies are focusing on developing new and innovative connected drug delivery devices; some of them have received significant funding for development of targeted drug delivery systems.
- Additionally, technological advancements, improvement in patients’ compliance, better reimbursement policies, and increase in use of biologics are expected to drive the global connected injectable drug delivery devices market in the next few years
- On the other hand, regulatory hurdles led by precise requirement for data and evidences for development of new technologies and high costs of some of the connected injectable drug delivery devices are some of the factors restraining the global connected drug delivery devices market
North America to Hold a Major Share of Global Connected Injectable Drug Delivery Devices Market
- North America dominates the global connected injectable drug delivery devices market, due to technological advancements in the pharmaceutical sector and high rate of adoption of products in the region
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the most lucrative market for connected injectable drug delivery devices in the near future, due to ongoing development of medical infrastructure, rise in the adoption of technologically advanced surgical procedures, and increase in government initiatives in the region.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Connected Injectable Drug Delivery Devices Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global connected injectable drug delivery devices market is highly saturated, with key manufacturers implementing numerous plans to gain higher market share
Some of the key players operating in the global connected injectable drug delivery devices market are:
- Ypsomed Holdings
- Unolife Corporation
- Quio Technologies
- Phillips-Medisize Corporation
- SHL Group
- Haselmeier Inc.
- West Pharmaceutical Services Inc.
Global Connected Injectable Drug Delivery Devices Market: Research Scope
Global Connected Injectable Drug Delivery Devices Market, by Product
- Conventional Injection Devices
- Self-injection Devices
- Pen Injectors
- Needle-free Injectors
- Auto Injectors
Global Connected Injectable Drug Delivery Devices Market, by Connectivity Technology
- Wireless Technology
- Near-field Technology
- Smartphone Apps
Global Connected Injectable Drug Delivery Devices Market, by Disease
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Hormone Replacement
Global Connected Injectable Drug Delivery Devices Market, by End-user
- Homecare Settings
Global Connected Injectable Drug Delivery Devices Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.