Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP) Testing: Essential Blood Test for Metabolic Function Measurement
- Comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP) testing is a blood test that measures body’s fluid balance and electrolyte levels and tests functions of kidney and liver
- CMP testing measures 14 different substances in one’s blood for metabolism check and is used for assessing different conditions such as liver and kidney health, blood sugar level, blood protein level, acid base balance, and fluid and electrolyte balance
- This test is a preliminary test and its results indicate liver diseases, kidney failure, or diabetes. Most blood tests take just a few minutes and patients are advised 10 to 12 hours fast for proper test results.
- This test is a part of regular health examination and measures albumin, blood urea nitrogen, calcium, carbon dioxide, chloride, creatinine, glucose, potassium, sodium, total bilirubin, total protein, alanine aminotransferase, alkaline phosphatase, and aspartate aminotransferase
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP) Testing Market Report Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP) Testing Market
- Rise in prevalence of chronic diseases such as kidney diseases, diabetes, and liver diseases and emphasis of people on early diagnosis of these diseases are some of the factors responsible for the growth of the global comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP) testing market
- For instance, as per National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services), the overall prevalence of chronic kidney disease (CKD) increased from 12% to 14% between 1988 and 1994 and from 1999 to 2004 in the U.S.
- Changing lifestyle habits such as smoking and changing food habits have contributed toward obesity, stress, and other conditions which can lead to increase in chronic diseases, thereby propelling the global comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP) testing market
- Rise in demand of point-of-care testing for early detection and faster results by these tests are some of the factors responsible for the growth of global comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP) testing market
Unskilled Staff for Handling Procedure to Hamper Market
- CMP testing needs qualified and well-trained staff for proper handling of the procedure. If the staff is unskilled, then it can lead to injuries. This, in turn, is anticipated to restrain the market. Also, sometimes CMP testing creates false results which can hamper the market growth.
- Stringent regulations by regulatory authorities are expected to hinder the growth of the global comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP) testing market
Diabetes Segment to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- Based on disease, the global comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP) testing market can be segmented into kidney diseases, liver diseases, diabetes, and others
- The kidney diseases segment held major market share in 2018, owing to high prevalence of kidney diseases across the globe, rise in awareness regarding renal diseases, and emphasis of people on early diagnosis
- The diabetes segment is projected to be a highly promising segment during the forecast period, due to changing lifestyle habits and increase in prevalence of diabetes in all parts of the world.
Kidney Tests Segment Dominated Global Market
- In terms of test type, global comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP) testing market can be divided into electrolytes, proteins, kidney tests, glucose, liver functional tests, and others
- The kidney tests segment dominated the global market in 2018. Rise in prevalence of kidney diseases, rise in patients suffering from cardiovascular & diabetes with further chance of kidney diseases, and rise in demand of kidney tests in geriatric population are some of the major factors responsible for the growth of this segment
PoC to be More Promising End-user Segment
- Based on end-user, the global comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP) testing market can be bifurcated into laboratories and PoC (Point-of-Care)
- Laboratories are expected to dominate the global market owing to increase in usage of diagnostic tests at these laboratories, higher number of laboratories availability, and easy accessibility of these laboratories
- PoC is anticipated to be a highly promising segment during the forecast period. Patient convenience, portability, and speedy results are some of the major factors responsible for the growth of this segment.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP) Testing Market Report
North America to Lead Global Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP) Testing Market
- In terms of region, the global comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP) testing market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP) testing market in 2018, owing to higher prevalence of chronic diseases, advanced health care infrastructure, presence of major players, and growing emphasis of people on early diagnosis of diseases
- For instance, as per the American Diabetes Association, in 2015, around 30.3 million population in the U.S. had diabetes which was around 9.4% of the total population in the U.S.
- The comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP) testing market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a higher CAGR during the forecast period, owing to increase in geriatric population which is more prone to chronic diseases, higher prevalence of diabetes in emerging countries, rise in awareness of early diagnosis of diseases, and improving health care infrastructure
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP) testing market are:
- Abbott Laboratories
- Quest Diagnostics Incorporated
- Sonic Healthcare
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings
- ARUP Laboratories
- CENTOGENE AG
- SYNLAB International GmbH
- TCG Corp
- Scion Lab Services, LLC
Global Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP) Testing Market: Research Scope
Global Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP) Testing Market, by Disease
- Kidney Diseases
- Liver Diseases
Global Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP) Testing Market, by Test Type
- Kidney Tests
- Liver Functional Tests
Global Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP) Testing Market, by End-user
- PoC (Point-of-Care)
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.