Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP) Testing: Essential Blood Test for Metabolic Function Measurement
- Comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP) testing is a blood test that measures body’s fluid balance and electrolyte levels and tests functions of kidney and liver
- CMP testing measures 14 different substances in one’s blood for metabolism check and is used for assessing different conditions such as liver and kidney health, blood sugar level, blood protein level, acid base balance, and fluid and electrolyte balance
- This test is a preliminary test and its results indicate liver diseases, kidney failure, or diabetes. Most blood tests take just a few minutes and patients are advised 10 to 12 hours fast for proper test results.
- This test is a part of regular health examination and measures albumin, blood urea nitrogen, calcium, carbon dioxide, chloride, creatinine, glucose, potassium, sodium, total bilirubin, total protein, alanine aminotransferase, alkaline phosphatase, and aspartate aminotransferase
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP) Testing Market Report Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP) Testing Market
- Rise in prevalence of chronic diseases such as kidney diseases, diabetes, and liver diseases and emphasis of people on early diagnosis of these diseases are some of the factors responsible for the growth of the global comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP) testing market
- For instance, as per National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services), the overall prevalence of chronic kidney disease (CKD) increased from 12% to 14% between 1988 and 1994 and from 1999 to 2004 in the U.S.
- Changing lifestyle habits such as smoking and changing food habits have contributed toward obesity, stress, and other conditions which can lead to increase in chronic diseases, thereby propelling the global comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP) testing market
- Rise in demand of point-of-care testing for early detection and faster results by these tests are some of the factors responsible for the growth of global comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP) testing market
Unskilled Staff for Handling Procedure to Hamper Market
- CMP testing needs qualified and well-trained staff for proper handling of the procedure. If the staff is unskilled, then it can lead to injuries. This, in turn, is anticipated to restrain the market. Also, sometimes CMP testing creates false results which can hamper the market growth.
- Stringent regulations by regulatory authorities are expected to hinder the growth of the global comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP) testing market
Diabetes Segment to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- Based on disease, the global comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP) testing market can be segmented into kidney diseases, liver diseases, diabetes, and others
- The kidney diseases segment held major market share in 2018, owing to high prevalence of kidney diseases across the globe, rise in awareness regarding renal diseases, and emphasis of people on early diagnosis
- The diabetes segment is projected to be a highly promising segment during the forecast period, due to changing lifestyle habits and increase in prevalence of diabetes in all parts of the world.
Kidney Tests Segment Dominated Global Market
- In terms of test type, global comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP) testing market can be divided into electrolytes, proteins, kidney tests, glucose, liver functional tests, and others
- The kidney tests segment dominated the global market in 2018. Rise in prevalence of kidney diseases, rise in patients suffering from cardiovascular & diabetes with further chance of kidney diseases, and rise in demand of kidney tests in geriatric population are some of the major factors responsible for the growth of this segment
PoC to be More Promising End-user Segment
- Based on end-user, the global comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP) testing market can be bifurcated into laboratories and PoC (Point-of-Care)
- Laboratories are expected to dominate the global market owing to increase in usage of diagnostic tests at these laboratories, higher number of laboratories availability, and easy accessibility of these laboratories
- PoC is anticipated to be a highly promising segment during the forecast period. Patient convenience, portability, and speedy results are some of the major factors responsible for the growth of this segment.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP) Testing Market Report
North America to Lead Global Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP) Testing Market
- In terms of region, the global comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP) testing market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP) testing market in 2018, owing to higher prevalence of chronic diseases, advanced health care infrastructure, presence of major players, and growing emphasis of people on early diagnosis of diseases
- For instance, as per the American Diabetes Association, in 2015, around 30.3 million population in the U.S. had diabetes which was around 9.4% of the total population in the U.S.
- The comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP) testing market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a higher CAGR during the forecast period, owing to increase in geriatric population which is more prone to chronic diseases, higher prevalence of diabetes in emerging countries, rise in awareness of early diagnosis of diseases, and improving health care infrastructure
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP) testing market are:
- Abbott Laboratories
- Quest Diagnostics Incorporated
- Sonic Healthcare
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings
- ARUP Laboratories
- CENTOGENE AG
- SYNLAB International GmbH
- TCG Corp
- Scion Lab Services, LLC
Global Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP) Testing Market: Research Scope
Global Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP) Testing Market, by Disease
- Kidney Diseases
- Liver Diseases
Global Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP) Testing Market, by Test Type
- Kidney Tests
- Liver Functional Tests
Global Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP) Testing Market, by End-user
- PoC (Point-of-Care)
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.