Chest Drainage Devices Market: Introduction
- Chest drains are also referred to as chest tubes, underwater sealed drainage (UWSD), thoracic catheter, tube thoracostomy, or intercostal drain.
- A chest tube is a flexible plastic tube that is inserted through the chest wall and into the pleural space or mediastinum. It is used to remove air in the case of pneumothorax or fluid such as in the case of pleural effusion, blood, chyle, or pus when empyema occurs from the intrathoracic space.
- The objective is to create a one-way mechanism that enable let air/fluid to exit the pleural space and prevent outside air/fluid from entering into the pleural space
- A chest drainage device consists of a collection chamber (which collects fluid from the chest cavity), a water-seal chamber (which permits the exit of fluid from the chest cavity during exhalation but does not allow return during inhalation), and a suction control chamber
- Insertion of chest tubes is widely performed by radiologists, pulmonary physicians, and thoracic surgeons
Key Drivers, Restrains, and Opportunities of Global Chest Drainage Devices Market
- The global chest drainage devices market is primarily driven by an increase in population, rise in cardio-thoracic abnormalities, higher rate of diagnosis and surgical treatment of cardio-thoracic abnormalities, and expansion of health care infrastructure
- Increase in R&D investments by key players, mergers and acquisitions among vendors, and technological advancements are anticipated to fuel the global chest drainage market during the forecast period
- However, chances of infection at the operation site and risk of leakage of the tube are estimated to restrain the chest drainage devices market during the forecast period
- Stringent regulatory landscape and intellectual property laws are also likely to hamper the market in the near future
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Chest Drainage Devices Market
- In terms of region, the global chest drainage devices market can be categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The chest drainage devices market in North America is expected to account for a prominent market share in 2020. It is anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. Rise in number of cardiothoracic surgeries, increase in geriatric population, and high healthcare expenditure are expected to fuel the chest drainage devices market in the U.S.
- Europe held a key share of the global chest drainage devices market in 2020, owing to a rise in demand for highly innovative technologies, rapid increase in the geriatric population, and presence of key market players in the region
- Rapid population growth, trend of innovative technology, and rising per capita income are projected to propel the chest drainage devices market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period
- The chest drainage devices market in Latin America is estimated to expand at a steady pace during the forecast period, due to rising awareness about cardiothoracic abnormalities, increasing rate of cardiothoracic surgery, increasing per capita disposable income, and trend of medical tourism in Latin America
- Less awareness about cardio-thoracic abnormalities, low surgery rate, low presence of market leaders, and low availability of chest drainage products in Middle East & Africa are expected to restrain the chest drainage devices market in the region
Key Players Operating in Global Chest Drainage Devices Market
Major players operating in the global chest drainage devices market are listed below:
- Teleflex Corporation
- Redax SPA
- Sumitomo Bakelite Co. Ltd.
- Poly Medicure Limited
- Medela AG
- ATMOS MedizinTechnik GmbH & Co. KG
- ClearFlow, Inc.
- Maquet (Getinge AB)
Global Chest Drainage Devices Market: Research Scope
Global Chest Drainage Devices Market, by Type
- Heimlich valve
- Three-compartment chest drainage systems
- Digital drainage systems
- Vacuum bottles
Global Chest Drainage Devices Market, by Indication
- Pleural Effusion
- Post Cardiac or thoracic surgery
Global Chest Drainage Devices Market, by End-user
- Specialty Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Chest Drainage Devices Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.