Chemical Dust Suppressants Market
Chemical Dust Suppressants Market (Type: Lignosulfonate, Calcium Chloride, Magnesium Chloride, Asphalt Emulsions, Oil Emulsions, Polymeric Emulsions, Wetting Agent, and Others; and End User: Mining, Oil & Gas, Construction & Demolition, Power Industry, Food & Beverages, Pharmaceutical, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
- Chemicals & Materials
- 200 Pages
Rise in Deaths of Workers in Road Construction Drives Demand for Dust Suppressants
Recent years have witnessed an increase in the use of chemical dust suppressants such as salts, asphalt emulsion, vegetable oils, molasses, artificial polymers, mulches, and lignin products. Dust suppressants are mostly used at construction sites, unpaved roads, and mining activities to reduce dust by changing material properties of the soil surface. The primary use of dust suppressants is to reduce unwanted dust emissions, and limit erosion and maintenance expenses on unpaved roads and lots. Among various types of dust suppressants available in the market, calcium chloride and magnesium chloride are the most popular and frequently used dust suppressants, as they are hygroscopic and draw moisture from the air to provide extended dust suppression.
The use of chemical dust suppressants has been dramatically increased with the rising awareness in controlling particulates to improve air quality. Moreover, the growing population is contributing toward the growth of the chemical dust suppressants market. Most of the unpaved roads across developed regions are being treated by chemical dust suppressants and with rising road constructions across the world, the market is expected to expand in the near future. Moreover, in response to the number of construction workers dying from exposure to silica in recent years, governments in several regions are focusing on the control of hazardous dust emission, which are anticipated to create more opportunities for the global chemical dust suppressants market during the forecast period.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
COVID-19 Impact on Construction, Mining Industries Influencing Several Other Sectors
The COVID-19 pandemic has shaken the world of work. The impact it has caused in various industries has been critical in the chemical dust suppressants market. The construction and utility industries are severely affected, and being challenged by several restraints due to contractual obligations, availability of resources, workforce, wellness and safety measures, and project delays or cancellations. Other major factors contributing to the withering of the market include worker safety, delay in supply chain, limited working regulations, and halted road projects. As some industries are sensitive to economic cycles, and workers are especially helpless to the radical decline in commercial activity resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic. However, industries such as construction and mining have greater potential to recover, which can benefit the chemical dust suppressants market during the forecast period.
Studies have shown that the higher the pollution levels, the more vulnerable it will be for coronavirus on dust particles, especially for the people responsible to look after the unpaved road surface. Thus, limiting the production and demand for chemical dust suppressants. The construction sector includes renovation, maintenance, and demolition of buildings, where dust suppressants are demanded mostly, has come to a halt due to strict regulations imposed by government authorities. However, dust from these sites has the potential for air and water pollution. Hence, when the work restarts, the chemical dust suppressants market is anticipated to gain newer opportunities.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Calcium Chloride versus Magnesium Chloride: Which is Preferred?
Among several chemical types of suppressing dust, calcium chloride (CaCl2) has proven to be an affordable and efficient dust suppressant. The chemical has been used on unpaved roads across the world. Apart from its capacity to reduce dust over a variety of gravel and weather conditions, it can also decrease the overall cost of sustaining unpaved roads. Calcium chloride also provides overall road surface stability, as it can penetrate many inches into the road base. For road damages in winter, CaCl2 can lower the freezing point of the moisture in the road surface. Hence, the rising demand for calcium chloride for suppressing dust is anticipating to drive the global chemical dust suppressants market during the forecast period.
Apart from calcium chloride, magnesium chloride is most considered by road authorities. Both chemicals are similar materials, yet the variations in the concentration of volatile ingredients in commercially available products can make a significant difference. Magnesium chloride (MgCl2) is generally supplied in the liquid form at a density of about 30%. Liquid magnesium chloride and liquid calcium chloride display alike water attraction properties. However, under hot or arid conditions, CaCl2 remains liquid, while MgCl2 does not, which results in weaker dust elimination abilities under these circumstances. Other chemicals used as dust suppressants include asphalt emulsions, oil emulsions, polymeric emulsions, lignosulfonate, and others. The increasing demand for chemicals on road sites is boosting the chemical dust suppressants market.
North America to Offer Several Growth Opportunities to Market Players
The pre-COVID-19 time witnessed that the Asia Pacific dominated the regional segment of the global chemical dust suppressants market. The Asia Pacific is anticipated to further dominate the global market during the forecast period, owing to the presence of leading end-use industries in China and India. However, due to the increasing demand for dust suppressants from the U.S., North America is anticipated to witness heavy demand for chemical dust suppressants in the upcoming future. In Europe, the rising efforts to decrease dust to enhance work environment in several industries are expected to boost the demand for chemical dust suppressants in the region.
The applications of chemical dust suppressants at various industrial sites to reduce dust particles in the air are resulting in safer site visibility and improved well-being of the workers. The expansion of the global chemical dust suppressants market can be attributed to upsurge in the demand for rising investments in mining and construction industries and growing need for ore and metals such as iron ore, coal, aluminum, copper, steel, silver, and gold. Moreover, awareness regarding soil management and pollution is rapidly spreading across the world. It is likely to influence governments to mandate the use of dust suppressants across various developing nations. Other factors including rising investment in residential and non-residential constructions and rapid industrialization are contributing to the growth of the chemical dust suppressants market, which is expected to exceed US$ 1.6 Bn by 2030, at a CAGR of ~4% during the forecast period.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Chemical Dust Suppressants Market for Performance OEM , ask for a customized report
Post-COVID-19, the growth rates of various industries are expected to rapidly increase, owing to high demand. Construction and mining are two of the many industries to significantly overcome the slowdown rapidly, which can prove propitious for the chemical dust suppressants market. In addition, rising investments in agriculture and food sectors in developing countries will provide greater opportunities for the chemical dust suppressants market in the near future. Europe is increasing its investment in the food technology, which is estimated to generate demand for dust suppressants. The U.S is most likely to dominate the market in North America due to a large number of unpaved roads. However, China and India have the potential to overwhelm the market in Asia Pacific due to rise in industrial projects.
Chemical Dust Suppressants Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global chemical dust suppressants market for the historical period of 2019 and the forecast period of 2020–2030, rapid globalization and industrialization is expected to boost the global chemical dust suppressants market during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the global chemical dust suppressants market is expected to exceed US$ 1.6 Bn by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of ~4% during the forecast period. Rise in investment in road infrastructure is anticipated to propel the demand for chemical dust suppressants globally during the forecast period. Chemical dust suppressants lower annual maintenance and extend aggregate life of gravel road. This is projected to drive the adoption of chemical dust suppressants in the infrastructure sector.
Increasing Construction & Infrastructural Activities Worldwide: Key Driver of Chemical Dust Suppressants Market
- The global construction industry is expanding at a significant pace. In 2019, the global construction industry expanded by more than 3% and according to the Oxford Economics, the global construction industry is estimated to reach US$ 5.8 Trn by 2030.
- According to the Commerce Department, construction spending in the U.S increased by +0.9% y/y to US$ 1.459 Trn in 2020, since 2002. Rise in construction spending was driven by increase in investment in single-family homebuilding and pandemic-driven migration to suburbs and low-density areas.
- Additionally, rapid urbanization in developing countries such as China and India is likely to drive the overall construction output in these countries in the near future. The construction industry in India, in value terms, is expected to expand at a CAGR of 15.7% to reach US$ 738.5 Bn by 2022. It accounts for 55% share of the steel industry, 15% of the paint industry, and 30% of the glass industry.
- Chemical dust suppressants are extensively used dispersants and wetting agents in concrete mixtures. They enhance the properties of concrete admixtures. Dust suppression control chemicals, such as magnesium chloride, calcium chloride, lignosulfonates, polymer emulsion, and petroleum resin, are used at construction sites, which help reduce fugitive dust particles in the air. This results in better site visibility and better health of employees and people living in surrounding areas. Thus, expansion of the construction industry is anticipated to increase dust emissions. This, in turn, is projected to drive the chemical dust suppressants market during the forecast period.
Rising Investments in Food Processing Industry
- The world has witnessed a significant rise in foreign direct investment activities in agriculture and food sectors in the past decade, due to strong economic growth in emerging and developing economies, rise in urbanization, and increase in demand for high quality & processed food products. Furthermore, liberalization of trade and investment, decrease in transport and communications costs, and increase in food prices contributed to this trend.
- Food & beverages is a leading industry globally. Companies are investing significantly in the global food manufacturing sector. More than 400 companies invested in the food industry across the globe in 2019. The total investment in the food industry stood at around US$ 4.7 Bn in the year. The total investment in the food technology in Europe stood at around US$ 2.77 Bn in 2019. The capital invested in food technology has been increasing for the past five years. The capital invested into food startups in Europe has tripled since 2014. Investment in the food & beverages industry stood at US$ 650 Mn in 2014 and reached around US$ 1.9 Bn in 2019.
- Developing countries such as Brazil and Mexico are among the leading food manufacturing countries in the world. The food & beverages industry in Brazil generated a turnover of US$ 170 Bn, which represented 9.5% of its GDP in 2019. The government is also supporting the food industry by providing various benefits. For instance, in 2017, it reduced import duties for 322 machines, generating a reduction of US$ 28 Mn in the cost of investment for beneficiary companies. This decrease in import cost boosted the construction of new research centers to develop and improve production.
- Demand for chemical dust suppressants is linked to the expansion of food processing industry, as the food processing industry produces different types of dust. Some of the most common food processing dust types include fugitive grain dust from silo filling and grain transport; grain and flour dust from milling and grinding; corn starch and other powdered starches; dust from transporting or grinding dried nuts and legumes; dehydrated milk and egg products; sugar dust; and cocoa dust. Dust control for food processing is important from both food safety perspective and worker health & safety perspective. Uncontrolled food dust creates various issues including sanitation concerns, cross-contamination, microbial contamination, health issues for workers, and slip-and-fall hazards. Dust control is also a regulatory consideration for food processors who must comply with stringent food safety regulations from the FDA and the USDA as well as occupational safety regulations from OSHA and NFPA.
- Thus, rise in investment in the food industry is anticipated to propel the chemical dust suppressants market across the globe
Chemical Dust Suppressants Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of chemical dust suppressants have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global chemical dust suppressants market are
- BASF SE
- Quaker Houghton
- HollyFrontier Corporation
- Benetech Inc.
- Alumichem A/S
- Cypher Environmental
- Cargill, Incorporated
- Crown Products & Services
- Syntron Industries Private Limited
- Mideco Pty Ltd
- Huntsman International LLC.
- Arclin, Inc.
- CHRYSO GROUP
- DUST-A-SIDE HINCOL LIMITED
- Wet Earth
- ACURO ORGANICS LIMITED
- The ACT Group
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- GelTech Solutions
- Global Road Technology International Holdings (HK) Limited
- SAMI Bitumen Technologies
- Instral BV
- Chemtex Speciality Limited
- Dust Solutions, Inc.
- GENERAL ELECTRIC
- Donaldson Company, Inc.
- Rare Track Speciality Product Llp
- Celanese Corporation
- Accéntuate Ltd
Chemical Dust Suppressants Market: Key Developments
- On October 2018, The FUCHS Group introduced high performance dust suppressant to improve air quality and visibility, reduce housekeeping, and lower maintenance costs and water consumption
- On May 1, 2018, Camfil announced the acquisition of the U.K. group of companies ‘Bushbury Holdings’ of which, M.C. Air Filtration represents the largest company. M.C. Air Filtration’s specialist product line is expected to complement Camfil’s extensive portfolio of safety and containment products throughout the world.
- On October 21, 2015, Borregaard signed an agreement with Flambeau River Papers LLC (“Flambeau”) for the acquisition of the lignin business based at the latter’s Park Falls operations in Wisconsin, U.S. The annual lignin volume is approximately 40,000 metric tons dry substance. Products are sold to the low and medium value segments in North America. This acquisition is expected to broaden Borregaard’s offering to customers in North America.
- In the global chemical dust suppressants market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of chemical dust suppressants. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the global chemical dust suppressants market report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the chemical dust suppressants market.
Chemical Dust Suppressants Market – Scope of the Report
The latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the chemical dust suppressants market to accurately gauge its growth potential. The study presents detailed information about important growth factors, restraints, and key trends that are creating the landscape for growth of the chemical dust suppressants market in order to identify opportunities for stakeholders. The report also provides insightful information about how the chemical dust suppressants market would expand during the forecast period of 2020 to 2030.
The report offers intricate dynamics about different aspects of the chemical dust suppressants market, which aids companies operating in the market in making strategic decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on the significant changes that are anticipated to configure growth of the chemical dust suppressants market during the forecast period. It also includes key indicator assessment that highlights growth prospects for the chemical dust suppressants market and estimates statistics related to the market in terms of value (US$ Mn).
This study covers detailed segmentation of the chemical dust suppressants market along with key information and a competition outlook. The report mentions company profiles of players that are currently dominating the chemical dust suppressants market, wherein various development, expansion, and winning strategies practiced by these players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on Chemical Dust Suppressants Market
The report provides detailed information about the chemical dust suppressants market on the basis of a comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating the growth of the market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently operating in the global market and are looking for innovative methods to create a unique benchmark in the global market so as to help them design successful strategies and make target-driven decisions.
- Which type segment of the chemical dust suppressants market would emerge as a major revenue generator during the forecast period?
- How are key market players successfully earning revenues in the chemical dust suppressants market?
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the chemical dust suppressants market between 2019 and 2030?
- What are the winning imperatives of leading players operating in the chemical dust suppressants market?
Research Methodology – Chemical Dust Suppressants Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for compiling the report on the chemical dust suppressants market is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the market-affiliated information obtained and legitimated by market-admissible sources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts of the chemical dust suppressants market.
During the primary research phase, analysts have interviewed market stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. Based on data obtained through interviews of genuine sources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the chemical dust suppressants market.
For secondary research, analysts have scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the chemical dust suppressants market.
Chemical Dust Suppressants Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study assesses the chemical dust suppressants market based on type, end user, and region. The report presents extensive market dynamics and progressive trends associated with different segments and how they are influencing growth prospects of the chemical dust suppressants market.