Calcium Chloride Market
Calcium Chloride Market (Product Type: Flakes 77%, Flakes 94%, Prills 94%, Pellets 94%, Liquid Grade, and Others [Flakes 83%-87%, Pellets 90%, Powders 90%, etc.]; and Application: De-icing, Dust Control, Drilling Fluids, Industrial Processing, Construction, and Others [Tire Weighing, Water Management, Food, etc.]) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Calcium Chloride Market: Increasing Drilling Activities and De-icing Activities especially in North America
- Calcium chloride, an ionic compound of calcium and chlorine, is highly soluble in liquid. It is commercially available as anhydrous and di hydrate flakes, pellets and powder, or 30% to 45% solution. Calcium chloride is produced by refining naturally occurring brine, neutralizing hydrochloric acid with calcium carbonate, or as by-product from the Solvay process of synthetic sodium carbonate production
- Solvay and HCL processes are the widely used manufacturing processes of calcium chloride. The Solvay process involves chemical synthesis of high purity limestone and salt brine solution to produce soda ash and calcium chloride as end products.
- Calcium chloride is primarily used as a de-icing agent. Liquid calcium chloride of up to 35% is used with rock salt for snow and ice control. Calcium chloride reduces the frequent and repetitive application of salt by 40%. It also remains active for longer duration, thereby preventing ice from bonding with the road or pavement. Also, Calcium chloride has the lowest freezing point of all types of other deicers including sodium chloride, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride and urea. Therefore, it is an ideal de-icing agent to be used in winters
- However, Calcium chloride is hygroscopic; therefore, it absorbs water from the air. This can result in corrosion at lower levels and long durations of relative humidity. Furthermore, salts influence the ability of water to carry a current and speed up the corrosion process
Flakes 77% Continued To Be Dominant Product Type
- On the basis of product type the global calcium chloride market is bifurcated into flakes 77%, flakes 94%, prills 94%, pellets 94%, liquid grade and others. Among them, the flakes 77% segment held major share of more than 25% the global calcium chloride market in 2018. Its share is anticipated to increase substantially between 2019 and 2027. It is likely remain dominant product type during the forecast period 2019 to 2027. Increase in demand for flakes especially for de-icing and dust control application is the major factor that drives the demand for calcium chloride. Flakes 77% is also projected to be an attractive segment during the forecast period 2019 and 2027 followed by prills 94%
- Prills 94% is comparatively expensive than flakes 77% & pellets 94%. It is used in specific applications such as food additives and water treatment.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Drilling Fluids is Expected to Continue to Be Major Application
- In terms of application, drilling fluids has been bifurcated into de-icing, dust control, drilling fluids, industrial processing, construction, and others
- Drilling fluids dominated the global calcium chloride market in 2018. Increase in drilling activities especially in North America owing to rise in natural gas exploration by U.S. is the major factor that drives the market. Drilling fluids accounted for more than 20% of the total application in 2018.
- After drilling fluids, de-icing and dust control were the major applications where calcium chloride is used prominently
Increasing Demand from De-icing Application Followed by Rise Drilling Activities Makes North America Leader in Calcium Chloride Market
- In terms of geography, the calcium chloride market has been bifurcated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East & Africa. North America held the leading market share of more than 40% in 2018. It is likely to remain dominant region over the forecast period 2019 to 2027
- North America accounts for the significant market share of the global calcium chloride both in terms of revenue and volume. Increase in drilling activities followed by rise in demand for de-icing, led by recent climatic changes in the country, are driving the demand for calcium chloride. This is boosting the demand for calcium chloride in the manufacture of different concentrations of calcium chloride flakes, prills, pellets, and liquid grade for usage as deicing agents, concrete accelerators, etc.
- However, the calcium chloride market in Middle East & Africa is expected to expand at a moderate pace due to the high focus on non-oil growth by governments in the region
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Calcium Chloride Market, ask for a customized report
Global Calcium Chloride Market: Competition Landscape
- Large number of players available in the market. Majority of the players have strong position in their respective regions. Key players operating in the global Calcium Chloride market. Key players operating in the market are
- Occidental Chemical Corporation
- Qingdao Huadong Calcium Producing Co. Ltd
- TangShan SanYou Chemical Industries Co., Ltd.
- Solvay S.A.
- TETRA Technologies Inc.
- Tiger Calcium Services Inc.
- Ward Chemical, Inc.
- Weifang Haibin Chemical Co. Ltd
- Weifang Taize Chemical Industry Co. Ltd.
- Sulaksh Chemicals
- Nedmag Industries
- Zirax Limited
- Sitara Chemical Industries Ltd
- Auro Chemical Industries Pvt. Ltd.
- Sameer Chemicals
Global Calcium Chloride Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research’s recent report on the Global Calcium Chloride market, with the help of a comprehensive outlook, provides readers with an assessment of the global market landscape. This study on the global Calcium Chloride market analyzes the market scenario for the period from 2019 to 2027, wherein 2018 is the base year. This report enables readers to make important decisions with regard to their business, with the help of a wealth of information enclosed in the study.
This TMR study on the global Calcium Chloride market also provides data on developments made by important players and stakeholders operating in the market, along with competition analysis. The report also provides an understanding of strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities, along with market trends and restraints in the competition landscape section.
This study also discusses the underlying trends and the impact of various factors on the global Calcium Chloride market along with their influence on the evolution of the market.
This study also offers Porter’s Five Forces analysis, value chain analysis, pricing analysis, and regulatory scenario of the global Calcium Chloride market in order to elaborate crucial growth strategies of and opportunities for players operating in the market.
Key Questions Answered in Global Calcium Chloride Market Report
- How much revenue is the global Calcium Chloride market expected to generate by the end of the forecast period?
- Which regions currently account for the maximum share of the global Calcium Chloride market?
- What are the key factors expected to drive the global Calcium Chloride market?
- Which region is likely to be a lucrative market for Calcium Chloride during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies adopted by key players operating in the global Calcium Chloride market to expand their geographical presence?
- What are major advancements in the global Calcium Chloride market?
This report answers these questions about the global Calcium Chloride market, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making the right decisions and strategizing for growth of their business.
Global Calcium Chloride Market: Research Methodology
This TMR report on the global Calcium Chloride market is based on a complete and comprehensive evaluation of the market, supported by secondary and primary sources. The competition scenario of the global Calcium Chloride market is supported by an assessment of different factors that influence the market on a minute and granular level. By thoroughly analyzing the historical data and the current trends, researchers of the global Calcium Chloride market arrived at predictions and estimations, and calculated the market forecast.
This report adopts the analytical triangulation method to estimate the numbers of the global Calcium Chloride market, by using both bottom-up and top-down approaches.
This detailed assessment of the global Calcium Chloride market, along with an overview of the market, is provided based on a careful examination of avenues related to the market. Analysts’ conclusions on how the global Calcium Chloride market is set to expand are based on carefully vetted primary and secondary sources.
The Global Calcium Chloride market can be segmented as follows:
Global Calcium Chloride Market, by Product Type
- Flakes 77%
- Flakes 94%
- Prills 94%
- Pellets 94%
- Liquid Grade
- Others (Flakes 83%-87%, Pellets 90%, Powders 90%, etc.)
Global Calcium Chloride Market, by Application
- Dust Control
- Drilling Fluids
- Industrial Processing
- Others (Tire Weighing, Water Management, Food, etc.)
Global Calcium Chloride Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
Global Calcium Chloride Market: Segmentation
This report on the global Calcium Chloride market provides segmentation of the market based on product, application and region