Cervical Dilators Market: Introduction
- A cervical dilator is a special surgical instrument used to induce dilation of the cervix. Usually, the cervical opening is narrow, unless a woman is in labor before childbirth.
- Cervical dilator can be used in a number of medical procedures including child birth, gynecological surgery, induced abortion, PAP smear test, treatment of vaginismus, and to perform cervical cutterage such as biopsy
- A cervical dilator gently opens the cervix without harming the patient, allowing the doctor to have access to the uterus and fallopian tubes
- A number of different cervical dilators are available in the market that reduce the risk of cervical injury during gynecological procedure
Key Drivers of Global Cervical Dilators Market
- The global cervical dilators market is projected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to a number of factors
- Rise in prevalence of gynecological conditions such as infections and cervical & ovarian cancer leading to increase in medical procedures is expected to boost the demand for cervical dilators across the world in the near future
- Nearly all cervical cancer cases (99%) are linked to infection with high-risk human papillomaviruses (HPV), an extremely common virus transmitted through sexual contact. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), cervical cancer is the fourth most common cancer in women. In 2018, an estimated 570,000 women were diagnosed with cervical cancer globally and about 311,000 women succumbed to the disease.
- Rapid increase in the number of surgical procedures and rise in demand for better quality medical instruments drive demand for cervical dilators
- Technological innovation leading to development of various types of products catering to specific patient needs is another key factor propelling the global cervical dilators market
Restraints of Global Cervical Dilators Market
- Risks involved in the process of cervical dilation are projected to restrain the global cervical dilators market. For instance, more than 92% dilations cause cervical hemorrhage and stromal bleeding. Additionally, over 37% dilations can cause tissue laceration.
- Hence, skilled and trained personnel are required for the application of cervical dilators, which is again a restraint of the global market
North America to Lead Global Cervical Dilators Market
- In terms of region, the global cervical dilators market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global cervical dilators market in 2020, and the trend is projected to continue during the forecast period. This can be attributed to rise in awareness, high product adoption, strong health care infrastructure, wide range of products available, and increase in the number of patients with gynecological disorders in the region.
- Europe held the second largest share of the global cervical dilators market in 2020 due to high adoption rate of technologically advanced products, increase in product affordability in the region, and rise in expenditure on health care services
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to increase in awareness about advanced quality products, developing health care infrastructure, and rise in interest of foreign investors. Countries such as China and India are poised to be highly promising markets for cervical dilators in the near future.
- The market in Middle East & Africa and Latin America is likely to witness steady growth owing to improving health care infrastructure and slow economic growth in the region during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Cervical Dilators Market
Key players operating in the global market are:
- CooperSurgical, Inc.
- Hologic, Inc.
- Medgyn Products, Inc.
- Gynetech Advance
- Robinson Healthcare
- Laboratoire CCD
- Medicta Instruments
- Panpac Medical Corp.
- Medicem Technology s.r.o.
- Novo Surgical, Inc.
Global Cervical Dilators Market: Research Scope
Global Cervical Dilators Market, by Product Type
- Disposable Dilators
- Reusable Dilators
- Laminaria (Dried Sea-Weed Tube)
- Synthetic Dilator (Man-Made Dry Sterile Sponge)
Global Cervical Dilators Market, by Application
Global Cervical Dilators Market, by End-user
- Specialty Clinics
Global Cervical Dilators Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.