Increasing adoption by cable and television service providers
- The cable modem termination system is used to exchange the digital signals on cable network with cable and IP modems to provide high speed data services to subscribers.
- The cable modem termination system is majorly utilized by internet service providers and cable service providers to offer voice over internet protocol and internet services to individual subscribers
- The television industry is adopting the cable modem termination system to carry out multiple functions on the digital subscriber line access multiplexer (DSLAM) in DSL system
- Providers of the cable modem termination system offer the system in Ethernet and RF interfaces in order to improve the performance of the system
- The cable modem termination system that is used to transmit signal to subscriber cable modem also receives the signal in the form of IP packets, which is connected over the internet
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Key Drivers of Cable Modem Termination System Market
- Increasing demand for managing customer traffic over the network and provide security to transmit data is estimated to drive the cable modem termination system during the forecast period.
- The cable modem termination system also acts as a modem and router, which enhances the functionality of the system. The multifunctional and scalability feature is expected to increase the demand for cable modem termination system during the forecast the period.
- Rise in demand for the system among cable and television service providers is estimated to offer significant opportunity to solution providers
High installation and maintenance cost hinder cable modem termination system market
- The cable modem termination system is an advanced technology that transmits high speed signal and high speed internet services over the network. The system requires high level the system need to be maintained periodically.
- Initial installation cost of the cable modem termination system is high, as compared to that of other networking systems and devices. High cost of installation and maintenance is expected to hinder the market during the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on “Cable Modem Termination System Market”
North America to hold major share of global cable modem termination system market
- North America is expected to hold a prominent share of the global cable modem termination system market due to an increase in the demand for over the top (OTT) and high speed internet service
- In North America, most cable service providers and internet service providers are adopting the cable modem termination system to improve transmission speed and performance of the cable signal
- The cable modem termination system market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a prominent CAGR during the forecast period, due to an increase in the demand for advance cable modem termination system in the region. Rise in demand for high speed internet services in the region is expected to fuel the demand for cable modem termination system.
Global Cable Modem Termination System Market - Competition Landscape
- In 2018, Harmonic, Inc. announced the launch software-based cable modem termination system to improve the performance of the cable modem termination systems
Key players operating in the global cable modem termination system market:
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
Cisco System, Inc. is a global provider of Internet Protocol (IP)-based networking technologies. The company offers routing and switching solutions, IP telephony, optical networking, security, storage, and networking and wireless technology. Cisco System, Inc. provides complete solutions for networking and enterprise voice and video solutions and offers a broad range of services, which include technical support and advanced services.
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd. is a leading global player in the field of information and communication technologies. The company operates through a network of sales and distribution spread in 170 countries, which caters to more than three billion people worldwide. Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd. offers networking product solutions, services, and voice solutions to enterprises. It provides open, flexible, and secure ICT infrastructure products.
Key players operating in the global cable modem termination system market include Arris International Limited, Casa Systems Inc, Nokia Corporation, Broadcom Inc., Juniper Networks, Inc., Blonder Tongue Laboratories, Inc., C9 Networks Inc., Vecima Networks Inc., Teleste Corporation, Sumavision Technologies Co., Ltd., and Versa Technology Inc.
Global Cable Modem Termination System Market: Research Scope
Global Cable Modem Termination System Market, by Type
Global Cable Modem Termination System Market, by End-user
Global Cable Modem Termination System Market Segmentation, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Integrated Modem Termination
- Cable Termination Equipment
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.