Blood Pressure Monitoring Devices Market
Blood Pressure Monitoring Devices Market (Device: Sphygmomanometers, Automatic Blood Pressure Monitors, Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitors, and Blood Pressure Transducers; and End-user: Hospitals & Clinics, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Homecare Settings, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
Homecare Settings Gain Considerable Traction During COVID-19 Pandemic
The COVID-19 pandemic has led to extensive strain on the healthcare facilities around the world due to the rising number of COVID-19 patients. In addition, the growing threat of virus transmission has resulted in many people preferring at-home monitoring. Thus, these aspects will have a profound impact on the growth of the blood pressure monitoring devices market. Even before the pandemic, home blood pressure monitoring devices were gaining momentum but with the onset of the pandemic, the demand increased substantially.
In addition, self-monitoring has emerged as a convenient option for improving BP control. The American Heart Association suggests that blood pressure should be monitored at least twice daily. Thus, these factors are encouraging many individuals to undertake self-monitoring with the help of home blood pressure monitoring devices. The patients send the monitoring data to their concerned physician and the treatment is provided accordingly.
According to Transparency Market Research (TMR), the global blood pressure monitoring devices market was valued at US$ 1.5 Bn in 2020.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Blood Pressure Monitoring Devices Market
Growing Prevalence of Hypertension, Cardiac Arrest, Diabetes to Boost Product Demand
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), nearly 1.28 Bn adults between 30 and 79 years around the world have hypertension. Around 46% of adults having hypertension are unaware that they have the condition. Thus, early diagnosis is necessary for decreasing the cases of hypertension. For this, blood pressure monitoring devices are essential. Furthermore, one of the global targets for non-communicable diseases is to decrease the prevalence of hypertension by 33%. Therefore, all these factors help in developing the overall growth structure of the blood pressure monitoring devices market.
Diabetes is also increasing at a rapid pace. In 2019, more than 1.4 Mn deaths were directly reported due to diabetes as per the data by the WHO. In order to reduce the fatality rate, frequent monitoring is necessary. Therefore, these factors will bring tremendous growth opportunities for the blood pressure monitoring devices market.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Consistent Requirement of Disposable Blood Pressure Transducers in ICUs, Operating Rooms Increases Growth Prospects
The demand for disposable blood pressure transducers is expanding at a rapid rate. These transducers are used for relaying information from a blood pressure monitoring catheter to a patient’s monitoring system. Benefits such as robust structural integrity, air-ingress safety, and extensive reliability provide promising opportunities for increasing the demand for disposable blood pressure transducers.
Additional features in blood pressure monitoring devices to add value to growth structure.
With expansive technological developments across the blood pressure monitoring devices market, many features are being added in the monitors. Features such as heart rhythm monitoring, color codes for showing the need for monitoring, and Bluetooth bring considerable growth opportunities.
For instance, the LifeSource blood pressure monitor has a cuff that extends from 16.5-23 inches for the ones with larger arms. Hence, such features offer profitable growth opportunities to the blood pressure monitoring devices market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Blood Pressure Monitoring Devices Market
The blood pressure monitoring devices market is expected to record a CAGR of 9.2% during the forecast period. The growing demand for home blood pressure monitoring devices due to the COVID-19 pandemic will present promising growth opportunities. Furthermore, the rising demand for disposable blood pressure transducers will also lead to exponential growth. Manufacturers in the blood pressure monitoring devices market should focus on research and development activities for adding new features. Mergers and acquisitions should also be te key focus area of players for expanding their influence across the blood pressure monitoring devices market.
Blood Pressure Monitoring Devices Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global blood pressure monitoring devices market for the historical period 2017–2019 and the forecast period 2021–2031, increase in incidence & prevalence of hypertension & blood pressure and rise in popularity of self-monitoring of blood pressure at home are projected to drive the global blood pressure monitoring devices market in the near future
- According to the report, the global blood pressure monitoring devices market was valued at US$ 1.5 Bn in 2020 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 9.2% from 2021 to 2031
Increase in Incidence, Prevalence of Hypertension, Blood Pressure: Key Driver
- Hypertension is one of the major causes of death globally and is considered a highly common disorder escalating across the world
- Changes in lifestyle along with poor diet, lack of physical activity, alcohol consumption, and mental stress lead to a rise in blood pressure at an early stage, which drives the need of blood pressure diagnostic devices
- Recent statistics conducted by CDC indicate that high blood pressure was one of the primary causes of death in the U.S., with over 494,873 deaths in 2018
- According to a survey conducted by WHO, an estimated 1.13 billion people globally have hypertension; most (two-thirds) live in low- and middle-income countries
- High blood pressure costs the U.S. about US$ 131 Bn each year, averaged over 12 years from 2003 to 2014
- Globally, about one third of the adults had hypertension in 2010, and only 13.8% had blood pressure under control
Miniaturization of Blood Pressure Monitoring Instruments: Major Driver
- Technological advancements in wearable diagnostic medical devices have led to a rise in adoption rate among the population
- Wrist-type blood pressure monitors are easy and user-friendly tools for blood pressure measurement due to their small size and comprehensive technology
- Blood pressure monitor manufacturers emphasize on R&D of new devices and on the design and manufacture of compact instruments. Rise in consumers of automatic blood pressure monitors and the trend of self-monitoring drive the market for small and handy devices.
Rise in Government Initiatives in Preventive Healthcare Programs: Major Driver
- Several governments have launched a number of initiatives to prevent heart attack and hypertension. The India Hypertension Control Initiative (IHCI) is a multi-partner initiative, implementing and scaling up a public health hypertension control program across India.
- According to CDC, 1 in every 3 adult citizens in the U.S. suffers from hypertension, which is considered the second leading risk factor for disability and premature deaths. Medication and lifestyle changes are effective and affordable; however, the overall rate of blood pressure control remains suboptimal.
- “Million Hearts” is an initiative led by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, co-led by CDC and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. The committee aligns & coordinates its activities to achieve hypertension control rates above 70% through electronic health records, innovations in health information technology, and patient communication.
Blood Pressure Monitoring Devices Market: Competition Landscape
- This report profiles major players operating in the global blood pressure monitoring devices market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- The global blood pressure monitoring devices market is moderately fragmented, with the presence of a large number of leading players in the global market and several small players in regional markets. Top players hold a major share of the global blood pressure monitoring devices market.
- Prominent players operating in the global blood pressure monitoring devices market include
- Omron Healthcare, Inc.
- Celularity, Inc.
- Koninklijke Philips N.V
- GE Healthcare (General Electric Company)
- Welch Allyn, Inc. (Hill-Rom Holdings, Inc.)
- Schiller AG
- American Diagnostic Corporation
- Spacelabs Healthcare
- Withings SA
- SunTech Medical, Inc. (Halma plc)
- A&D Medical
- The report on the global blood pressure monitoring devices market discusses individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of rubber gloves. The competitive landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global blood pressure monitoring devices market.
Blood Pressure Monitoring Devices Market – Scope of Report
TMR’s report on the global blood pressure monitoring devices market studies the past as well as the current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2021 to 2031. The report provides revenue of the global blood pressure monitoring devices market for the period 2017–2031, considering 2020 as the base year and 2031 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) of the global blood pressure monitoring devices market from 2021 to 2031.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary researches. Primary research involved bulk of the research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with key opinion leaders, industry leaders, and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the blood pressure monitoring devices market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various attributes of the global blood pressure monitoring devices market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Moreover, the report throws light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global blood pressure monitoring devices market. These serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global blood pressure monitoring devices market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global blood pressure monitoring devices market. Key players operating in the global blood pressure monitoring devices market have been identified and each one of these has been profiled in terms of various attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are the attributes of players in the global blood pressure monitoring devices market profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Blood Pressure Monitoring Devices Market Report
- What is the sales/revenue generated by blood pressure monitoring devices across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are the opportunities in the global blood pressure monitoring devices market?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats in the market?
- Which regional market is set to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which device segment is expected to generate the highest revenue globally in 2031? Which segment is projected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period?
- What are the market positions of different companies operating in the global market?
Blood Pressure Monitoring Devices Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global blood pressure monitoring devices market begins with an overview, followed by the scope and objectives of the study. The report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind this study and key vendors and distributors operating in the market and regulatory scenario for approval of products.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into smaller ones. The report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of the market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the global blood pressure monitoring devices market in terms of device, end-user, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length, and the market share for each of these at the end of 2031 has been provided. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investment in the global blood pressure monitoring devices market.
Blood Pressure Monitoring Devices Market – Segmentation