Biotherapeutics Cell Line Development Market
Biotherapeutics Cell Line Development Market (Process: Transfection & Selection and Single Cell Cloning; and CLD Option: In-house, Outsourced, Do-It-Yourself, and Hybrid) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020 - 2030
Press Release :
Research and Development Activities to Redefine Next-generation Biotherapeutics Cell Line Development
The protein pharmaceutical space has gradually matured into a multibillion-dollar industry over the past couple of decades. However, identifying the ideal bio-therapeutic development cell lines has posed as a major barrier in the manufacturing process. Biotherapeutic cell line development has reached new frontiers, owing to considerable genomic research and development activities. In addition, existing as well as emerging technologies in the biotherapeutics cell line development have played an integral role in pushing cell engineering toward new frontiers. Over the past couple of decades, considerable work has been put in toward optimization of codons and construction of vectors due to which, biotherapeutics cell line development has garnered noteworthy attention.
Regulatory changes, introduction of new technologies, and advent of an array of innovative concepts have played a key role in influencing the overall growth of the global biotherapeutics cell line development market over the past few years– a trend that is expected to continue during the forecast period. Over the past few decades, academic and commercial scientists have largely focused on addressing the shortcomings of initial formulations of biotherapeutics cell lines. Several companies operating in the current biotherapeutics cell line development market landscape are introducing new variants of cell line development solutions to cater to industrial requirements.
At the back of these factors, along with consistent rise in the number of investments, the global biotherapeutics cell line development market is expected to reach ~US$ 224 Mn by 2030. Apart from these factors, the growing support offered by government bodies around the world to promote biotechnology and the pharmaceutical industry is another factor that is expected to set the tone for the development of the global biotherapeutics cell line development market during the assessment period.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Biotherapeutics Cell Line Development Market
CHO Cells Likely to Remain Integral for Biological Therapeutics
As the protein pharmaceutical industry continues to take giant strides in the forward direction, it has a direct impact on the growth of the biotherapeutics cell line development market. For the longest time, Chinese Hamster Ovary (CHO) cells have remained the most popular expression system for biotherapeutics cell line development, as it is accepted by the FDA and thereby, makes the regulatory approval an easy process. In addition, these biotherapeutics cell lines have the ability to grow in suspension, resistant to viral infection, and are relatively easier to work with. These factors are expected to play a key role in the progress of the global biotherapeutics cell line development market during the assessment period.
However, at present, market players are increasingly focusing on streamlining the process of segregating high-producing protein secretors from low-producing protein secretors, which are highly tedious and time-consuming as over thousands of clones are screened in a period of few weeks. However, the onset of the multi-open reading frame (ORF) constructs in cells could possibly lead to a compromise, fragmented DNA being integrated into the genome in place of the requisite sequence. Market players operating in the current market for biotherapeutics cell line development are increasingly focusing on streamlining segregation processes to fast-track cell line development. At present, the pursuit of novel biopharmaceutical agents continues to remain one of the most critical challenges in the pharmaceutical research and drug development sphere.
Biotherapeutic cell line development plays a critical role in these research activities. However, at present, researchers and scientists are largely focusing on addressing the numerous challenges involved with cell lines such as quality, robustness, productivity, scaling-up, etc.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Mergers, Collaboration, and Entry of New Solutions Provide Impetus for Market Growth
Over the past decade, a number of organizations involved in the biotherapeutics cell line development market are highly inclined toward the development of new technologies that enable the production and manufacturing of various innovative biopharmaceuticals, including gene therapy vectors and complex therapeutic cell lines. In addition, several market participants are also roping in considerable efforts to fast-track screening and biotherapeutics cell line development to develop high-end biopharmaceutical solutions, including complex fusion proteins, viral particles, and largely glycosylated plasma proteins.
Several market players are launching new workflow models to optimize the identification process of top clones for complex antibody therapeutics. For instance, in March 2020, Berkeley Light launched the cell line development 2.0 workflow to identify the most ideal clones for complex antibody therapeutics. The newly launched Opto CLD 2.0 workflow allows the measurement of antibody production in over thousands of clones by utilizing the company’s assays. With a similar aim to increase lab productivity and minimize the timeline of biotherapeutics cell line development, in June 2019, Sartorius Stedim Biotech launched a new generation cell culture micro-bioreactor system.
Market Players Scramble to Find New Solutions to Stop COVID-19 Transmission
The COVID-19 pandemic is currently playing a huge role in derailing the world economy, as industries and businesses around the world continue to remain shut due to social distancing norms and lockdowns enforced by governments. While several industrial sectors are witnessing minimal activity during the COVID-19 event, the pharmaceutical sector is currently burdened with the demand for effective solutions and products to combat the COVID-19 infection. Several players operating in the current biotherapeutics cell line development market are investing in research and development activities to combat the COVID-19 virus. Market players are expected to look beyond the conventional means of antibody-drug manufacturing and discover novel ways to enhance productivity. Several market players are currently collaborating with scientists to discover potential solutions to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 infection. While the market is likely to witness steady growth in 2020 due to the COVID-19 event, all eyes will be on research and development activities.
The global biotherapeutics cell line development market is expected to grow at a CAGR of ~7% during the forecast period. The market growth will be largely driven by research and development activities due to which, new solutions and technologies have gradually entered the market. Developments in the pharmaceutical sector will ideally focus on enhancing lab productivity and minimizing the overall time taken for biotherapeutics cell line development. While the COVID-19 pandemic will disrupt operations and workflow models across the biotherapeutics cell line development market, it presents an opportunity for market participants to focus on research activities that explore the possibilities of non-conventional antibody manufacturing techniques.
Biotherapeutics Cell Line Development Market: Overview
- Biotherapeutics need cell lines for different activities such as new product development and research. The cell line development involves primary cells taken directly from an animal or living body, without any significant manipulation; the cells that have been transformed or partially transformed; or the cells continually derived from a culture with stem-like properties for biotherapeutics.
- Transfection is the process of introducing foreign DNA into the cells by using either the physical (electroporation) or chemical (cationic lipid or calcium phosphate reagents) method
- Single cell cloning is essentially a process of generation of single-cell clones from an original ‘multi-clonal’ population; however, this population is separated from the rest in order to create pure, clonal population that is genetically identical
- Rise in the demand for biotherapeutics led by the recent launches of biopharmaceutical drugs is a major factor driving the global biotherapeutics cell line development market
- For instance, the U.S. FDA approved total 12 biologics and 34 small-molecule drugs in 2017, while the number increased to 17 biologics and 42 small-molecule drugs in 2018
- Increase in geriatric population, rise in the prevalence of diseases, and development of advanced technologies to meet the rising demand for monoclonal antibodies are some of the major factors augmenting the global biotherapeutics cell line development market
- Moreover, government initiatives to boost the biotechnology & pharmaceutical sector are also fuelling the global biotherapeutics cell line development market
Market Segmentation: Global Biotherapeutics Cell Line Development Market
- Based on process, the global biotherapeutics cell line development market has been bifurcated into transfection & selection and single cell cloning
- The single cell cloning segment has been sub-divided into manual LDC, FACs, ClonePix, and others
- In terms of CLD option, the global biotherapeutics cell line development market has been divided into in-house, outsourced, Do-It-Yourself, and hybrid
- Each of the segments of the global biotherapeutics cell line development market has been analyzed in detail for recent trends and developments, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and useful insights. The report on the global biotherapeutics cell line development market provides current and future revenues (US$ Mn) for each of these segments for the period from 2018 to 2030, considering 2019 as the base year. The compounded annual growth rate (% CAGR) has been provided for each segment of the market from 2020 to 2030, along with market size estimations.
Regional Overview: Biotherapeutics Cell Line Development Market
- In terms of region, the global biotherapeutics cell line development market has been divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The markets in these regions have been further divided into major countries and sub-regions.
- North America dominated the global biotherapeutics cell line development market in 2019 and the trend is expected to continue during the forecast period
- Asia Pacific is likely to be a highly lucrative market for biotherapeutics cell line development during the forecast period
- The biotherapeutics cell line development market size in terms of revenue (US$ Mn) for different regions and their major countries have been provided in the report for the period from 2018 to 2030, along with their CAGRs for the period from 2020 to 2030
- The study also offers a list of recommendations, highlights, and useful insights of the global market, which would help new companies willing to enter the market and the existing companies gain higher market share. It would also help them in the decision-making process.
- The report on the global biotherapeutics cell line development market concludes with the company profiles section, which includes key information about major players operating in the market
- Key players analyzed in the report on the global biotherapeutics cell line development market are
- Merck KGaA
- Dickinson and Company (BD)
- Danaher Corporation
- Boehringer Ingelheim Group
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc
- Lonza Group Ltd.
- Probiogen AG
- Solentim Ltd.
- Selexis SA
- Sysmex Corporation.
- Each of these players has been profiled in the report based on parameters such as company overview, financial overview, business strategies, product portfolio, business segments, and recent developments.
Biotherapeutics Cell Line Development Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global biotherapeutics cell line development market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the same indicators for the said market during the forecast period from 2020 to 2030. The report provides the overall market revenue of the global biotherapeutics cell line development market for the period of 2018–2030, with 2019 as the base year and 2030 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global biotherapeutics cell line development market for the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involves bulk of research efforts, wherein, analysts carry out interviews with key opinion leaders, industry leaders, and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involves referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global biotherapeutics cell line development market.
Secondary research also includes Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approach to study various phenomena in the global biotherapeutics cell line development market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments and sub-segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on changing competitive dynamics in the global biotherapeutics cell line development market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global biotherapeutics cell line development market.
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global biotherapeutics cell line development market. Key players operating in the global biotherapeutics cell line development market have been identified, and each one of them has been profiled for their distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOTs are some of the attributes of players in the global biotherapeutics cell line development market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Biotherapeutics Cell Line Development Market Report
- What is the sales/revenue generated by each process and CLD option segment of the biotherapeutics cell line development market across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are the opportunities in the global biotherapeutics cell line development market?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats in the market?
- Which region is likely to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which biotherapeutics cell line development segments are expected to generate the highest revenue globally in 2030? Which segment is projected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period?
- What is the market share or position of different companies operating in the global market in 2019?
Biotherapeutics Cell Line Development Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global biotherapeutics cell line development market begins with an overview of the said market, followed by the scope and objectives of this study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind this study, key industrial developments in terms of merger, acquisition, strategic partnerships, key investments, and key bioremediation projects have been provided.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into small sections. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of the market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the global biotherapeutics cell line development market in terms of process, CLD option, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length, and the market share for each of them at the end of 2030 has been provided herein. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investment in the global biotherapeutics cell line development market.
Biotherapeutics Cell Line Development Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global biotherapeutics cell line development market includes information divided into three sections: process, CLD option, and region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these sections of the global biotherapeutics cell line development market have been discussed in detail.
Transfection & Selection
Single Cell Cloning
Middle East & Africa