Biological Imaging Reagents Market
Biological Imaging Reagents Market (Class: Contrast Reagents, Optical Reagents, and Nuclear Reagents; Modality: MRI, Ultrasound, X-ray & CT, Nuclear, Optical Imaging, and Others; Application: In Vitro and In Vivo; End User: Diagnostic Laboratories, Imaging Centers, Life Science Companies, Research & Academic Institutes, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Biological Imaging Reagents Market: Nuclear Imaging Gaining Traction, Globally
The use of nuclear medicine for research and disease treatment dates back to the first half of the 20th century, when they began to be used as tracer elements. Subsequent developments in nuclear medicine and molecular imaging have led to a variety of radiopharmaceutical substances being used for the diagnosis of different diseases. Nuclear imaging modalities such as positron emission tomography (PET) and single-photon emission computerized tomography (SPECT), which use these radiopharmaceuticals, are now being offered as a routine option in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases. With benefits such as better quality of images and precision in the detection of illnesses made possible, particularly in the early detection and diagnosis of cancers, nuclear imaging as a modality within the biological imaging reagents market has been gaining traction in recent years. This modality in the global biological imaging reagents market was valued at ~US$ 2.3 Bn in 2018 and is expected to expand the most among all, at a CAGR of ~9% during the forecast years.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Biological Imaging Reagents Market
Popularity of Multimodal Imaging to Propel Growth of Biological Imaging Reagents Market
The obvious advantages of multimodal imaging, or multiplexed imaging, over single modality imaging, such as better visualization and more precise images, have contributed significantly to their popularity. The introduction and incorporation of newer technologies and tools, particularly that use multiple imaging techniques, have gained purchase in the larger imaging landscape. For instance, the increased use of PET-SPECT hybrid and PET-MRI imaging systems globally, due to their many benefits, has contributed significantly to the expansion of the biological imaging reagents market.
Manufacturers in the global biological imaging reagents market, focusing on these multimodal techniques, are likely to witness increased potential in the field of research and drug discovery.
Incorporating Technology in Molecular Imaging to Positively Impact Market
The larger imaging landscape has not been immune to the pervasive influence of technology, which has not just caused the industry to progress by leaps and bounds with the development of multimodal imaging techniques, but has also resulted in better prospects for standardized imaging. For instance, the incorporation of AI into molecular imaging is becoming increasingly popular, as the potential for AI to improve diagnostic accuracy is vast, and is only beginning to be explored. With these advancements being incorporated into existing imaging technologies, it has had a significant positive impact on the growth of the biological imaging reagents market.
Developing Regions to Offer Opportunities Due to Increasing Incidence of Illnesses
In 2018, the developed markets of North America and Europe accounted for over two-thirds of the total share in the global biological imaging reagents market, by revenue. This is likely to continue throughout the forecast period, with both, short- and long-term predictions for these regions remaining the same. This can be attributed to the sheer number of tests being performed in these regions, coupled with increased awareness and concern for early stage disease detection.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
However, there has been the rising incidence of chronic diseases and illnesses in developing regions such as APAC and Latin America, pushing for the rapid growth of these regional markets. Expected to register value CAGRs of ~9% in both regions, these two markets are likely to expand to twice their size by the end of the forecast period. This can also be credited to the improvement of healthcare infrastructure in these regions, and players’ increased focus on research & development activities. Manufacturers in the biological imaging reagents market are looking to make inroads into these regions to expand their geographical reach and strengthen their global standing in the process.
Biological Imaging Reagents Market: Competition Analysis
The global biological imaging reagents market is considered to be moderately consolidated, with tier-1 players occupying a larger share of the landscape. These players are increasingly focusing on mergers and acquisitions to consolidate their position in this highly competitive landscape. For instance, in April 2019, PerkinElmer, Inc., a major player in the market, acquired Cisbio Bioassays – a leading life science company.
Players are also increasingly focusing on new product development as a strategy to widen their global footprint. An example of this strategy is, in August 2019, Bracco S.p.A. received FDA approval for -Varibar ® Thin Liquid (barium sulfate) for oral suspension, for the detection and assessment of the type and severity of swallowing disorders.
Analysts’ Overview of Biological Imaging Reagents Market
The global biological imaging reagents market is set to grow at a robust pace during the forecast period, due to the high prevalence of chronic illnesses, globally, and the consequent rise in diagnostic procedures for their detection. According to analysts at Transparency Market Research, players in this market should focus on products that can be employed in multimodal imaging for maximum gains in the near future. Manufacturers in the biological imaging reagents market are focusing on R&D and partnerships with academic institutes to maximize their gains during the forecast period.
Regional markets in APAC and LATAM in the global biological imaging reagents landscape are expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period. These regions offer lucrative prospects for manufacturers to make inroads to strengthen their regional and local presence.
With technology moving at such a rapid pace, and the demand for better and more precise images taking precedence, the future is set to be rewarding for manufacturers of biological imaging reagents, looking to leverage technological advances into imaging solutions and their manufacturing process.
Biological Imaging Reagents Market: Description
- Biological imaging reagents are substances and agents used in different imaging modalities, such as X-ray, magnetic resonance imaging, and ultrasound, for better visualization of internal body organs for the diagnosis of various diseases.
- These agents are used for assistance in the detection of biological processes at the molecular level in order to conduct diagnosis and research.
- These imaging and detection technologies are extensively used in pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical industries for research and diagnosis.
- Biological imaging reagents are applied in these fields as contrast, optical, and nuclear reagents. Some multimodal imaging technologies are also gaining popularity as better visualization tools and imaging reagents.
Biological Imaging Reagents Market: Overview
- The global biological imaging reagents market was valued at ~US$ 13.5 Bn in 2018 and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 8.5%, to reach ~US$ 28 Bn by 2027.
- Growth of the global biological imaging reagents market can be ascribed to the rise in the prevalence of diseases that need diagnostic imaging tests. Hence, increase in the number of imaging procedures for diagnosis & research has led to the growth of the global biological imaging reagents market.
- Advancement in technologies such as nanotechnology and microfluidics are some of the evolving trends in the industry.
- Research companies are targeting contrast reagents, as these are applicable in a large number of modalities.
Global Biological Imaging Reagents Market: Drivers
- The high prevalence and increase in the incidence rate of different chronic diseases such as cardiovascular diseases, different forms of cancer, diabetes, and neurological disorders across the globe have been observed in recent times.
- This higher prevalence of diseases has put more pressure on new technologies for diagnosis.
- The diseases mentioned above are better diagnosed by different imaging modalities. Increase in the number of diagnostic imaging procedures also boosts the growth of the global biological imaging reagents market.
- Moreover, surge in research activities for drug discovery and new product launches in the past few years for specific indications are other factors fueling the growth of the global biological imaging reagents market.
Biological Imaging Reagents Market: Key Segments
- Precise imaging and rise in demand for radiopharmaceutical agents in cardiac procedures propel the nuclear reagents segment in the global biological imaging reagents market.
- Ultrasound microbubbles is a new trend that shows promising growth due to recently approved products for specific indications.
- Rise in the demand for contrast reagents in different modalities and recently launched products in this category are major factors driving the contrast reagents segment in the global biological imaging reagents market.
- Based on modality, nuclear is anticipated to be a highly lucrative segment in the global biological imaging reagents market, owing to the higher adoption rate of PET & SPECT modalities.
- In terms of application, the in-vivo segment dominated the market, owing to the higher consumption of imaging reagents in live cell in-vivo imaging, and increase in research activities.
- Based on end user, the life science companies segment is expected to be a highly lucrative segment in the global biological imaging reagents market during the forecast period, owing to major collaborations and partnerships of biopharmaceutical companies with CROs.
Global Biological Imaging Reagents Market: Major Players
- Key players analyzed in the report on the global biological imaging reagents market are
- Bayer AG
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- PerkinElmer, Inc.
- Lantheus Holdings, Inc.
- Bracco S.p.A.
- GE Healthcare
- Dickinson and Company (BD)
- Siemens Healthineers
- Luminex Corporation
- Each of these players has been profiled in the report on the global biological imaging reagents market, based on parameters such as company overview, financial overview, business strategies, product portfolio, business segments, and recent developments.
- In April 2017, Lantheus Holdings, Inc. entered into a definitive, exclusive collaboration and license agreement with GE Healthcare for the continued phase 3 development and worldwide commercialization of flurpiridaz F 18.
- In December 2017, Siemens Healthineers acquired FAST TRACK DIAGNOSTICS LUXEMBOURG S.à r.l. (formerly FTD Investments S.à r.l.). This acquisition strengthened the company’s growth in molecular diagnostics.
- Strategic mergers & acquisitions, new product launches, and emphasis on research & development are the key strategies adopted by major players in the global biological imaging reagents market.
- In July 2019, Bayer AG received FDA approval for Gadavist (gadobutrol) injection in the U.S., for use in cardiac magnetic resonance (MR) imaging to assess myocardial perfusion (stress, rest).
Biological Imaging Reagents Market - Scope of the Report
TMR’S report on the global biological imaging reagents market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the same indicators for the said market for the forecast period of 2019 to 2027. The report provides the overall market revenue of the global biological imaging reagents market for the period of 2017 to 2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global biological imaging reagents market for the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involved bulk of the research efforts, wherein, analysts carried out interviews with key opinion leaders, industry leaders, and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global biological imaging reagents market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts employed a combination of the top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomena in the global biological imaging reagents market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments and sub-segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global biological imaging reagents market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global biological imaging reagents market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global biological imaging reagents market. Key players operating in the global biological imaging reagents market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for their distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOTs are some of the attributes of players in the global biological imaging reagents market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in the Biological Imaging Reagents Market Report
- What is the sales/revenue expected to be generated by each class and modality segment of the biological imaging reagents market across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are the opportunities in the global biological imaging reagents market?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats in the market?
- Which region is likely to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which biological imaging reagent class and modality segment are expected to generate the highest revenue, globally, in 2027? Which segment is projected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period?
- What is the market share or position of different companies operating in the global market in 2018?
Biological Imaging Reagents Market - Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global biological imaging reagents market begins with an overview of the market, followed by the scope and objectives of this study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind this study, regulatory scenario, technological advancements, and disease prevalence rate of different diseases and conditions.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into smaller sections. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of the actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows the comparison of the market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
Global Biological Imaging Reagents Market - Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global biological imaging reagents market includes information divided into five sections: class, modality, application, end user, and region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these sections of the global biological imaging reagents market have been discussed in detail.
X-ray & CT
Life Science Companies
Academic & Research Institutes