Back Table and Cart Covers Market
Back Table and Cart Covers Market (Product: Back Table Covers and Cart Covers; Usage: Disposable Covers and Reusable Covers; End User: Hospitals & Diagnostic Centers, Academic & Research Institutes, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
- 170 Pages
Back Table and Cart Covers Market - Steady Growth Amidst Stringent Medical Waste Norms
The sales of back table and cart covers will correspond to a value of ~US$ 735 Mn in 2019, representing ~2 percent y-o-y growth from 2018.
The statistical findings of an exclusive report published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) also infer that, the back table and cart covers market will continue its steady drift through to 2027, with impressive sales of back table covers prefiguring their high popularity over cart covers. Increasing consciousness regarding healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) and surgical site infections (SSIs) among hospital staff is anticipated to strengthen the demand for back table covers.
A spike in the sales of back table and cart covers can also be ascribed to the rising number of patients opting for minimally-invasive surgeries, given their benefits over traditional surgeries, such as shorter hospital stays, minimal pain, and better recovery time. With a growing patient base demanding quality care, hospitals and surgical centers operate under the pressure of creating an 'infection-free' surgical environment, meaning, long-term supply opportunities for market players in the back table and cart covers landscape.
However, on the downside, disposal concerns regarding contaminated medical supplies, including back table and cart covers, could add uncertainties to the long-term growth of the landscape. The stringent regulatory maze scrutinizing the quality of back table and cart covers is likely to present yet another hurdle for market players.
Looking for Customized Insights to build your business for future, ask for a sample report here
Growing Emphasis on Medical Waste Management - An Opportunity Worth Exploiting
As 'green and clean' makes the new value propositions for industries, ample care is taken to ensure environmentally-benign healthcare operations, which also takes into account the bio-hazardous waste produced by hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, and clinics. Central organizations such as the Health Care Without Harm (HCWH) are conducting programs such as medical waste management and disposal of toxic materials, with an intent to reduce environmental pollution.
In 2019, the usage of disposable back table and cart covers manufactured from propylene, polyethylene, and polyester resins will account for ~76% of the market share, and add to environmental-sustainability concerns. Manufacturers can leverage this opportunity to recycle raw materials and shrink their disposal costs, raw material costs, and carbon footprint by partnering with institutions such as InterVol. This New York-based NGO engages in the collection of supplies, and instigates healthcare institutions to recycle and reuse them.
Yet another solution for manufacturers is to intensify their focus on the development of back table and cart covers that can be reused after sterilization. Reusable back table and cart covers currently account for a small market share, which is leading to increased manufacturing focus on tightly-woven back table and cart covers.
Manufacturers’ focus on the development of high-quality reusable back table and cart covers is underway to increase the marketability of their products. Evolving trends, with regards to the manufacturing of reusable back table and cart covers, will reflect on their adoption pace, which is projected to tantamount 3.2 percent during the forecast period.
To get glimpse of what our report offers, ask for a report brochure here
Europe’s Market Lead Powered by Germany
In November 2018, the European Center for Disease Prevention and Control brought to light a staggering statistic regarding healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) in hospitals and long-term care facilities. As per the study, ~33,000 people die each year as a direct consequence of infections, and 75% of diseases is caused on account of HAIs and lack of adequate infection prevention practices. Such awareness initiatives, coupled with the call for continued action to address the spread of infections in the region, have been rendering strength to the European back table and cart covers market.
The uptick in the growth of the European market is highly powered by Germany. High standards of healthcare, including compulsion of health insurance plans, incite patients to opt for surgeries and medical care. To add to that, the country has a large hospital sector and an increasing number of fee-for-service segment of doctors that significantly prevents long waits and increases the number of surgeries, which translates into long-term opportunities for the supply of back table and cart covers.
With the adoption rate mirroring the growing emphasis on hygiene, the sales of back table and cart covers in Germany are projected to rise from a value of ~US$ 55 million in 2019 to ~US$ 70 million in 2027, corresponding to a CAGR of 2.5% during 2019-2027, and account for ~23% of the European market.
To get a bird’s eye view of Back Table and Cart Covers Market ’s forecasts, ask for a Custom Report
Medical Tourism to be a Game-Changer for Asia Pacific
In 2018, the sales of back table and cart covers in North America corresponded to a value of ~US$ 200 million, which was ~US$ 32 million more than that recorded in Asia Pacific. However, 2027 will be a game-changer for players in these regions.
Despite the concentration of high quality healthcare units present in the developed countries of North America and Europe, the novel concept of 'medical tourism' has brought about an epochal scale of changes in the way patients avail treatment. As a number of underlying parameters make surgeries cost-prohibitive in North America, the populace resort to medical tourism to complete their dual quest for quality and cost-effective healthcare services. In addition, limited coverage of healthcare conditions under insurance plans encourages patients to seek treatment in Asia Pacific, which is unlocking bigger and better sales opportunities for back table and cart covers manufacturers.
Perpetual improvement in the quality of care, growing focus on hygiene, and surging patient base will power an exponential growth of the back table and cart covers market in Asia Pacific, tantamount to ~4% during 2019-2027.
Key Focus Areas for Market Players
Some of the key qualities that end users seek, prior to spending on back table and cart covers, include high density, durability, antimicrobial properties, antifungal characteristics, mildew and flame resistance, odor resistance, tear/stain resistance, water resistance, heat resistance, easy access during emergencies, and transparent design. Harnessing the prowess of technology, a number of market players strive towards distinguishing their products by improving the strength, durability, permeability, and protection of drapes, cart covers, and back table covers.
For example, leading companies such as DuPont and Cardinal Health make hefty investments in research & development activities for the manufacturing of medical nonwoven disposable products and kits. Taking a cue from these global players, manufacturers can foray into the development of high quality back table and cart covers that boast multiple properties. Though disposable back table and cart covers are way more affordable for end users, manufacturers can raise awareness regarding the long-term payback opportunities offered by reusable back table and cart covers market.
Usually, bariatric surgery, cosmetic surgery, and dental treatments are excluded from medical insurance coverage, and are the very surgeries that medical tourists seek. Manufacturers can fortify efforts towards partnering with end users that offer the most sought-after surgeries and treatments in the developing countries of Asia Pacific, with intense focus on China, Japan, and India. Overall, medical supplies developed within the territories defined by regulatory bodies and by staying abreast with the fickle end users’ quest will lead to impressive exposure in the back table and cart covers market.
Global Back Table and Cart Covers Market: Market Overview
- The global back table and cart covers market was valued at ~US$ 720 Mn in 2018, and is projected to reach ~US$ 918 Mn by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of ~3% from 2019 to 2027.
- The global back table and cart covers market is driven by a rise in the prevalence of hospital-acquired infections and increasing number of surgical procedures across the globe.
- Back table & cart covers are generally made of nonwoven material, which is composed of synthetic and natural materials such as polyester, polypropylene, and polyethylene. Back table and cart covers protect patients, doctors, and other medical staff from surgical site infections (SSIs) and hospital-acquired infections (HAIs).
- There are two type of back table and cart covers available in the market, i.e. disposable covers and reusable covers.
Global Back Table and Cart Covers Market: Drivers & Restraints
- The global back table and cart covers market is growing at a rapid pace, owing to a rise in the global geriatric population, coupled with an increase in the number of surgeries, technological advancements in fabrics used for surgical kits/covers, and surge in the awareness about hospital-acquired infections.
- Increase in the number of cataract surgeries and related procedures is a major factor that is anticipated to drive the back table and cart covers market during the forecast period. The general cataract surgical rate (CSR) ranges between 4,000 and 10,000 in developed countries such as Germany, France, the U.S., Australia, and Japan. Cataract blindness in the community is quite rare in these countries. Relatively, CSR typically ranges between 500 and 2,000 in developing countries in Latin America and Asia such as Mexico, Peru, India, and Vietnam.
- However, stringent regulatory scenarios and unfavorable economic conditions are anticipated to hamper the global back table and cart covers market during the forecast period.
Global Back Table and Cart Covers Market: Regional Segmentation
- In terms of region, the global back table and cart covers market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific, and the Middle East & Africa.
- North America
- North America accounted for a prominent share of the global back table and cart covers market in 2018. The back table and cart covers market in North America is projected to be primarily driven by the rise in the incidence rates of major chronic disorders, increase in the number of surgical procedures, rapid rise in the geriatric population, and favorable medical reimbursement policies.
- Increase in research and development activities to develop new back table & cart covers and technological advancements are likely to drive the back table and cart covers market in North America during the forecast period.
- Europe dominates the global back table and cart covers due to the high prevalence of hospital-acquired infections such as urinary tract infection, pneumonia, and others. Additionally, the focus of major market players on the launch of new back table and cart covers for the prevention of HAIs, and the early availability of new products fuel the back table and cart covers market in Europe.
- Germany is likely to maintain its dominant position in the back table and cart covers market in Europe during the forecast period, owing to an increase in the number of hospitals and rising number of surgical procedures in the country. According to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), there are around 2,000 registered hospitals in Germany.
- Asia Pacific
- The back table and cart covers market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. The presence of a large patient pool of nosocomial infections and rising number of surgical procedures in countries such as India and China are anticipated to propel the back table and cart covers market in the near future.
- North America
Global Back Table and Cart Covers Market: Major Players
- Key players operating in the global back table and cart covers market include -
- Cardinal Health
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- Halyard Health
- SW Med-Source
- David Scott Company
- Lac-Mac Limited
- TIDI Products
- LLC (RoundTable Healthcare Partners)
- Ansell Healthcare LLC.
These companies have diverse portfolios of back table and cart covers, along with a strong geographic presence.
- Industry players focus on research and development along with strategic collaborations and partnerships for new product launches in order to expand their product portfolios and strengthen their position in the market.
- In 2018, Owens & Minor announced that it completed the acquisition of the surgical and infection prevention (S&IP) business of Halyard Health.
Back Table and Cart Covers Market - Scope of the Study
Transparency Market Research (TMR) recently published a comprehensive study, uncovering critical levers that quantify the growth of the back table and cart covers market during the forecast period of 2019-2027. This comprehensive business study focuses on the historical, current, as well as future of the market, by providing an in-depth overview of the back table and cart covers market, based on key aspects and parameters.
The report also discusses the research methodologies adopted to evaluate the market numbers, which lead to estimate the size of the back table and cart covers market for the period of 2019-2027. In addition to this, the study consists of relevant charts and tables that help stakeholders in the back table and cart covers market gain an incisive outlook on the growth of the landscape.
The statistical business research report assesses, at length, the crucial drivers, opportunities, restraints, and threats that hold the potential to create an impact on the growth of the back table and cart covers market during the forecast period. The research report also consists of rare and distinguished insights enumerated for stakeholders operating in the market, in order to help them gain an upper hand in the back table and cart covers market.
Numerous trends that account for the growth of the back table and cart covers market are discussed at length in this comprehensive research report. In addition to this, the comprehensive research report discusses the recent developments found in the back table and cart covers market. This detailed study finds important factors that can help market players gain an understanding of the challenges present in the back table and cart covers market during the forecast period of 2019-2027. This comprehensive research report analyzes the threat arising from new market entrants, substitutes of products, and bargaining power of buyers and suppliers. The degree of competition is presented in the back table and cart covers market report by studying the financials of the market players, their strategies, and recent developments.
Back Table and Cart Covers Market - Key Questions Answered
The comprehensive study on the back table and cart covers market assesses and answers significant questions signifying the shift of the landscape. Some of the key questions answered in this research report are:
- What are the key trends that account for the growth of the back table and cart covers market during the forecast period?
- What are the crucial growth strategies adopted by stakeholders in the back table and cart covers market during the forecast period?
- What are the recent developments that the stakeholders in the back table and cart covers market need to focus on?
- Which region will remain attractive for investment in the back table and cart covers market during the forecast period?
- Which end user segment is likely to lead in the back table and cart covers market during the forecast period?
Back Table and Cart Covers Market - Research Methodologies
Our analysts have taken ample care to cull rare and distinguished insights based on primary as well as secondary research methodologies. Primary research methodologies consist of conducting discussions and interviews with leading market players, top industry experts, and key opinion leaders of the back table and cart covers market. Secondary research methodologies consist of referring to company websites, press releases, collaterals, and financials.
Back Table and Cart Covers Market - Segmentation
In order to analyze the back table and cart covers market at a microscopic as well as macroscopic level, our analysts have segregated the report on the basis of product, usage, end user, and region. The key segments of the back table and cart covers market are as mentioned below:
Back Table Covers
Hospitals & Diagnostic Centers
Academic & Research Institutes
Middle East & Africa