Medical Nonwoven Disposables Market
Medical Nonwoven Disposables Market (Product - Surgical Products, Wound Dressings, Incontinence Products; Material - Polypropylene, Polyethylene, Acetate, Rayon, Polyamides and Polyesters, Acrylic; End user - Hospitals, Nursing Homes, Consumer and Home Health Care, Clinics, Ambulatory Surgical Centers) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2020 - 2028
COVID-19 Spurs Demand for Nonwoven Face Masks and Other Medical Disposable Products
Recent outbreak of COVID-19 (coronavirus epidemic) has created an unprecedented demand for nonwoven-based facemasks. Existing fear of infectious diseases such as SARS and H1N1 continues to drive the medical nonwoven disposables market. Fighting infection has become one of the key focus points for healthcare providers, as nonwovens help to keep costs at bay. Moreover, guidelines issued by the WHO under the Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) program are creating awareness among users to practice hygiene on a personal level. This is evident since the revenue of consumer & home healthcare end user segment of the medical nonwoven disposables market is projected to grow exponentially during the forecast period.
Nonwoven face masks and other medical nonwoven disposable products are being pervasively used in hospitals and nursing homes in the light of the coronavirus epidemic. Thus, analysts of Transparency Market Research (TMR) opine that the market for medical nonwoven disposables will continue to grow, owing to the high prevalence of infectious diseases.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Medical Nonwoven Disposables Market
Single-use Materials Gain Popularity as Economical Solution in Repeated Wash Applications
Nonwoven materials are increasingly replacing traditional reusable materials in gowns and drapes. As such, the revenue of polypropylene is predicted to increase throughout the forecast period and the market for medical nonwoven disposables is expected to reach a value of ~US$ 20 Bn by the end of 2028. Moreover, single-use materials are easy-to-use, safe to dispose, and serve as an economical solution to healthcare providers and consumers. The medical nonwoven disposables market continues to grow, as companies tap opportunities by increasing the production of wipes.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Though reusable materials are constantly evolving, patients and healthcare providers are favoring disposable gowns and drapes, owing to their attributes of being more solid, reliable, and having reproducible bacterial impermeability. As such, drapes and gowns surgical products are leading in the market landscape. Hence, manufacturers in the medical nonwoven disposables market are increasing R&D to make products that are lightweight and accelerate healing. Medical nonwoven disposable products play a pivotal role in frequent wetting or repeated wash applications.
Development of Wipes Made from Bio-based Polymers
Spunlace materials are a novel introduction in the medical nonwoven disposables market. Manufacturers are increasing their production capabilities to develop greener wipes that reduce environmental footprint. However, material suppliers need to identify more sustainable and low-price polymers that help to reduce the cost of end-use products. Hence, equipment suppliers in the market for medical nonwoven disposables must innovate with new raw materials that improve production processes, resulting in increased availability of low-cost and sustainable products.
Due to the ever-increasing global population, companies in the medical nonwoven disposables market are scaling value-grab opportunities by increasing the production of ‘sensitive’ products such as baby wipes. They are increasing the efforts to market these products attributing to no fragrance, no alcohol, and as hypoallergenic products. Companies in the market for medical nonwoven disposables are increasingly focusing on lyocell-based nonwovens that address consumer demands for environmentally sustainable products. Breakthrough innovations are paving the way for baby wipes made from bio-based polymers.
Innovations in New Materials Help to Bolster Market Growth
The total consumption of nonwovens in medical applications is growing at a rapid pace. Apart from drapes and gowns, companies in the medical nonwoven disposables market are gauging incremental opportunities by developing implantables, sutures, and blood filters from nonwovens. Moreover, the revenue of medical nonwovens for wound care applications is estimated to surge aggressively in the market landscape. On the other hand, high prevalence of healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) is driving the growth for the medical nonwoven disposables market.
Companies in the market for medical nonwoven disposables are increasing their efficacy in drylaid, spunlaid, and meltblown nonwovens. For instance, the Freudenberg Group— a leading supplier of housewares and cleaning products offers drylaid, wetlaid, and spunlaid nonwovens used in medical industry, automotive, and apparel construction. In emerging markets of Asia Pacific, doctors who are trained abroad and educated about the advantages of single-use solutions are helping in bolstering market growth.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
The healthcare industry is focused on delivering antiseptic agents in medical nonwoven disposable products to reduce the incidences of HAIs. Companies in the medical nonwoven disposables market landscape are increasing their production capacities to develop spunlace, needlepunch, and dispersible-based pre-moistened personal cleansing cloths, which are more hygienic, and is a standardized approach that can offer better skin care and improve patient quality of life.
Flushable wipes are a novel product introduction in the market landscape. However, suppliers need to develop products made from low-price materials and make products that satisfy the demand for sustainable solutions. Hence, companies should collaborate with their sales and marketing staff to identify consumer segments that are willing to pay premium price for sustainable hygiene products.
Medical Nonwoven Disposables Market: Overview
- Medical nonwoven disposables are highly essential products in the healthcare field. Increase in popularity of these products has been observed as they provide better hygiene condition and reduce the contamination. Nonwoven products have many advantages over woven products.
- Nonwoven products include surgical gowns, face masks, drapes, surgeon caps, bandages, and others. Medical nonwoven disposables are made up from materials such as polypropylene, polyethylene, polyamides & polyesters, and others.
- Medical nonwoven disposables products consist of high-quality fabrics for complete safety and immunity of healthcare professionals
- The global medical nonwoven disposables market is driven by technological advancements in healthcare, increase in demand for advancements in wound dressing techniques, and rise in government initiatives for manufacturing nonwoven medical fabric. Moreover, demand for polyethylene is high due to low cost.
- Increase in prevalence of hospital-acquired infections among the geriatric population is expected to propel the medical nonwoven disposables market. According to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Product estimates, the U.S. is expected to have about 72.1 million geriatric population by 2030, which is more than twice the number in 2000.
- As per a research paper published in the Current Opinion in Microbiology in 2018, lower respiratory tract infections which also include pneumonia, are the sixth leading cause of deaths due to hospitalizations in the U.S. and more than 90% of deaths occur in individuals who are 65 years old or more
- Nonwoven medical disposables provide increased levels of protection against infectious diseases. In the past few years, nonwoven materials have shown significant reduction in post-operative infection rate compared to woven materials.
- The risk of developing infection is nearly 2.5 times higher with woven products than nonwovens. Such factors help drive the medical nonwoven disposables market.
Market Segmentation: Medical Nonwoven Disposables Market
- Based on product, the global medical nonwoven disposables market has been divided into surgical products (drapes, gowns, caps, masks, and others), wound dressings (bandages, tapes, post-operative wound dressings, operative wound dressings, and dressing pads), and incontinence products (under pads and diapers)
- In terms of material, the global medical nonwoven disposables market has been classified into polypropylene, polyethylene, acetate, rayon, polyamides & polyesters, acrylic, and others
- In terms of end user, the global medical nonwoven disposables market has been categorized into hospitals, nursing homes, consumer & home healthcare, clinics, and ambulatory surgical centers
- Each of the segments has been analyzed in detail for market trends, recent trends and developments, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and useful insights. The report provides current and future revenue (US$ Mn) for each of these segments from 2018 to 2028, considering 2019 as the base year. The compound annual growth rate (% CAGR) has been provided for each segment and market from 2020 to 2028 along with market size estimations.
Regional Overview: Medical Nonwoven Disposables Market
- In terms of region, the global medical nonwoven disposables market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The regions have been divided into major countries and sub-regions.
- The current and future market value in terms of revenue (US$ Mn) of these regional markets and their major countries have been provided in the report from 2018 to 2028, with their CAGRs from 2020 to 2028
- The study also offers a list of recommendations, highlights, and useful insights of the market which would help new companies willing to enter the market and existing companies to increase market shares and help in the decision-making process
- The report concludes with the company profiles section that includes key information about the major players in the market
- Leading players analyzed in the medical nonwoven disposables market include
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- Mölnlycke Health Care
- Paul Hartmann AG
- Medtronic plc
- Asahi Kasei Corporation
- Freudenberg & Co. KG
- Essity AB
- Domtar Corporation
- Each of these players has been profiled in the report based on parameters such as company overview, financial overview, business strategies, product portfolio, business segments, and recent developments.
Medical Nonwoven Disposables Market - Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global medical nonwoven disposables market studies the past as well as the current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the indicators for the market during the forecast period from 2020 to 2028. The report provides revenue of the global medical nonwoven disposables market for the period 2018–2028, considering 2019 as the base year and 2028 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) of the global medical nonwoven disposables market from 2020 to 2028.
The report is prepared after an extensive research. Primary research involved bulk of the research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with key opinion leaders, industry leaders, and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved reaching out to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the medical nonwoven disposables market.
Secondary research also includes Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various attributes of the medical nonwoven disposables market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments and sub-segments included in the scope of the study. Moreover, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global medical nonwoven disposables market. These serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global medical nonwoven disposables market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global medical nonwoven disposables market. Key players operating in the global medical nonwoven disposables market are identified and each one of these is profiled in terms of various attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are the attributes of players in the global medical nonwoven disposables market that are profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Medical Nonwoven Disposables Market Report
- What is the sales/revenue generated by medical nonwoven disposables across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are the opportunities in the medical nonwoven disposables market?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats in the market?
- Which region is set to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which product segment is expected to generate the highest revenue globally in 2028? Which segment is projected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period?
- What are the market positions of different companies operating in the global market?
Medical Nonwoven Disposables Market - Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global medical nonwoven disposables market begins with an overview, followed by the scope and objectives of the study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind this study and key vendors and distributors operating in the market and regulatory scenario for approval of products.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into smaller sections. The report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of the market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the global medical nonwoven disposables market in terms of product, material, end user, and region. Key segments under each criteria are studied at length, and the market share for each of these at the end of 2028 has also been provided. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investment in the medical nonwoven disposables market.
Medical Nonwoven Disposables Market - Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global medical nonwoven disposables market includes information divided into four segments: product, material, end user, and region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these segments of the global medical nonwoven disposables market are discussed in detail.
Polyamides & Polyesters
Consumer & Home Healthcare
Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Middle East & Africa