Global Incontinence Products Market: Overview
Incontinence refers to the lack of voluntary control over one’s bodily functions of defecation or urination. The global market for incontinence products has been witnessing steady growth owing to the rising incidence of the medical condition. Although earlier the focus was on developed markets such as the U.S. and several countries in Western Europe, the dynamics have shifted significantly in recent times. Investors are now looking to developing countries in the Middle East, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, where rising consumer demand and improving consumer awareness are playing a major role.
By way of incontinence product, the market can be bifurcated into two: internal and external products. While internal products include disposable urethral inserts, tampons, and pessaries, external products include shampoo caps, barrier creams, gloves, absorbent products, hand wash, body wash, repair creams, and bed pads. These products are distributed through various channels, such as retail trade, homecare, and institutes. The key raw materials used for incontinence products include cotton and cotton fabric, cotton fiber, plastic, super absorbents, latex, and several waterproof materials.
The report offers a detailed description of the present state of the global incontinence products market and provides sharp and accurate insights into what drives and limits the growth of this market. The business and vendor landscape has been thoroughly examined and key inputs from industry experts have been provided.
Global Incontinence Products Market: Trends and Opportunities
A massive aging population is the primary factor driving the worldwide market for incontinence products. The World Health Organization reports that each year, the proportion of people above the age of 60 in any country has been rising at a rate faster than that of any other age group. This factor is sure to continue benefiting the incontinence products market.
On the down side, the persistent threat of substitute and alternate products prevents the global incontinence products market from reaching its utmost potential. What is likely to make matters worse is the presence of manufacturers who offer low quality products at a cheaper cost. Nevertheless, players in this market are looking to cash in on the trend of personalized medicine. Manufacturers have been known to offer a wide variety of products by catering to individual demands based on factors such as age group and gender.
Global Incontinence Products Market: Regional Outlook
The global market for incontinence products can be categorized on the basis of geography into North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Middle East and Africa. North America and Europe account for the leading share in the overall market and the demand for incontinence products is driven by an increased prevalence of neurological diseases, the growing presence of geriatrics, and the rising trend of home healthcare. In addition to this, the North America and Europe markets for incontinence products are fueled by greater levels of awareness among the general public about this medical condition and their willingness as well as ability to spend on such products.
Asia Pacific promises strong growth in the coming years, powered by the lucrative nature of the markets in India, China, South Korea, and Japan. These countries are densely populated, with a significant section of the population falling in the geriatric category. This demographic make-up in APAC acts as a boon since older people are more prone to incontinence. The regional market is also propelled by factors such as the demand for improved healthcare facilities, technologies, and devices, the need for accurate and effective diagnostic services, and the rising ability of the citizens of these countries to pay for advanced medical products and services.
Companies mentioned in the report
Some of the most promising companies operating in the global incontinence products market are Covidien plc, HARTMANN GROUP, ONTEX International N.V., First Quality Enterprises Inc., Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Medline Industries Inc., Coloplast A/S, Hypermarcas SA, C. R. Bard Inc., Pro Descart Industria e Comercio Ltda, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Unicharm Corporation, and Svenska Cellulosa Aktiebolaget SCA. The leading players in this market have been identified and evaluated based on several parameters such as financial standing, research and development activities, product portfolio, and business strategies.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.