Automotive Camera Cleaning System Market
Automotive Camera Cleaning System Market (Application: Parking Camera, Front Camera, Interjection Camera, Night Vision Camera, Mirror Camera, and CMS Camera; Nozzle Type: Fixed Nozzle, Telescoping Nozzle, and Nano Nozzle; Sales Channel: OEM and Aftermarket; and Vehicle Type: Passenger Vehicle and Commercial Vehicle) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
Press Release :
Global Safety Guidelines for Vehicles Mandates Efficient Camera Cleaning Systems
The vigorous development of automated driving functions is increasingly heading to the integration of sensors and camera systems in the front and rear of a vehicle. The functions will intensify the future use of surround view and mirror replacement through smart applications. Apart from providing images, these systems actively mediate with braking and steering movements in dangerous situations or dim the high beams. Hence, to ensure the suitable working of these functions, cleaning an automotive camera will become an absolute necessity. Manufacturers of automotive camera cleaning systems are now focusing on providing solutions that are already in series production as the day and night vision cleaning system. Furthermore, the rising focus toward curbing the risk of unforeseen events among automakers is proving beneficial for the automotive camera cleaning systems market. In addition, strict policies implied to improve people’s safety are increasing the demand on a global scale.
Automobile safety has gained unusual prominence with each development in the industry. Public safety is an undeniable angle of vehicle safety, which has led to a larger uptake of sensors, particularly in passenger vehicles. Various brands have incorporated advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) in passenger vehicles. This increases the safety against life and property loss, which is a major factor driving the global automotive camera cleaning system market. The report suggests that the adoption of ADAS is expected to increase in the upcoming future, which is more likely to prove propitious for market growth. The camera cleaning solutions are proving efficient to prevent injury to pedestrians and passengers. Automobile manufacturers are increasingly deploying camera cleaning systems to attain optimum efficiency of the feature, thereby augmenting the growth of the automotive camera cleaning system market.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Automotive Camera Cleaning System Market
Heavy Reliance on Automotive Manufacturing Hampered Product Demand amid COVID-19 Pandemic
The outbreak of the COVID-19 virus has severely impacted various industries and the worldwide economy. The pandemic has forced the entire automotive sector to rethink its short-term plans and strategies on redefining mobility in the present as well as the future. Certainly, the crisis has put tremendous pressure on auto manufacturers to free up resources through cost-cutting and streamlining propositions across the complete value chain and to prioritize investments that allow the highest probability of capturing returns. However, with the current level of competition, automotive companies are planning on investments that make mobility smarter. Globally, people with vehicles delayed inspections and optional repairs, and some government transport businesses rested their deadlines for obligatory technical controls and inspections. Moreover, individuals around the world with vehicles paused inspections and optional repairs, and some government transport businesses rested their deadlines for obligatory technical controls and inspections. This hampered the demand for the global automotive camera cleaning system market.
In 2021, worldwide governments are enacting proactive monetary policies to help various industries recover from economic losses due the COVID-19 pandemic. As the pandemic is nearing its end in many nations, the automobile sector is expected to revive the automotive camera cleaning system market. In the upcoming years, manufacturers will need to be more selective when deciding technology investments. The massive investment in technology in previous years was aimed to secure a prosperous future, while in some cases, they have been premature. This led manufacturers to overextend themselves. As camera cleaning system providers continue to cope with the financial slowdown of the pandemic, they are more likely to focus their attention on investments that generate returns in the short term. In addition, auto producers are expected to invest more toward vehicle protection accessories and more so in automotive camera cleaning systems.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Innovations in Automotive Cameras Using Technology Propel Automotive Camera Cleaning System Market
The global transportation sector is presently slipping toward autonomous vehicles. This change comes with hurdles such as recognizing obstacles, identifying its surroundings, and acting safely based on these understandings. However, a significant challenge lies in keeping the sensors clean from dirt and debris, which tend to accumulate on the lens of the sensors when the vehicle is moving. Presently, there are several camera cleaning systems available in the market, mostly used for parking-aid cameras, such as the rear-view camera. Most of these cleaning systems include a fixed high-pressure water nozzle sitting near the edge of the camera lens, directed at the lens with a low contact angle. This type of cleaning system is long lasting and cost-efficient, and uses a relatively low amount of fluid as compared to a headlamp cleaning system due to the small camera lens area. In addition, there are many camera cleaning suppliers with static nozzles, such as dlhBowles, Ficosa, Valeo, and Continental.
The sensors on autonomous vehicles vary in shape and properties. However, finding an effective cleaning solution that works for all types of designs can be challenging. The camera cleaning system can be used for exterior cameras that have low penetration in most areas, except for backup or parking cameras. There is a high demand for parking camera cleaners with an increasing number of automakers innovating the ways to display images. After the parking camera, front camera, side camera, and night vision camera are anticipated to be the key application segments of the automotive camera cleaning system market during the forecast period. Furthermore, a better quality, undistorted vision of a vehicle’s hidden zones can be presented to the driver using a wide-angle camera system. Nevertheless, the increasing integration of cameras in new vehicles is anticipated to drive the automotive camera cleaning system market.
Automotive Camera Cleaning System Market in Europe to Witness High Growth
Industrial advancements in emerging markets and global megatrends with industry 4.0 are also catalyzing the demand. Some regional factors have created new avenues for product development. Moreover, government measures to decrease accidents have led to necessary regulations concerning the use of cameras and sensors. Europe has witnessed an increased awareness about safety and security, and extended use of cameras for vehicle safety in applications such as 360 camera systems and parking camera systems. Owing to this, Europe holds major share of the automotive camera cleaning system market.
The Asia Pacific automotive camera cleaning system market, with its increasing number of emerging players and rising demand for automobiles, is expected to grow at significant CAGR during the forecast period. In 2020, the global automotive camera cleaning system market was valued over US$ 266.8 Mn, which is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 17.5% from 2021 to 2031.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Automotive Camera Cleaning System Market
The global automotive camera cleaning system market is expected to witness constant growth in the near future, owing to the rising demand from the automotive industry. The Asia Pacific is projected to dominate the global market due to accelerated technological advancements in sensor technologies and cleaning systems. As more countries adopt different types of sensors, such as optical sensors, LIDAR, camera sensors, and radar sensors, cleaning systems will have prime importance in these applications.
Automotive Camera Cleaning System Market: Overview
- The global automotive camera cleaning system market was valued over US$ 266.8 Mn in 2020. It is estimated to expand at a CAGR of 17.5% from 2021 to 2031. The camera cleaning system uses water with a washer pump to clean the sensors and camera lens, and it can combine airflow for removal of water droplets or foreign particles. This airflow is generated by the detent unit using the same washer pump to generate air pressure. The different types of camera cleaning systems are blower type, nozzle type, and combination of blower and nozzle.
- Camera cleaning systems are fitted in the exterior cameras, as they are more susceptible to contamination by foreign materials. Rising integration of cameras in modern vehicles for several vehicle applications, including automatic parking system and 360 degree vehicle system for increasing safety of vehicles, is anticipated to drive the global automotive camera cleaning system market.
Drivers of Automotive Camera Cleaning System Market
- In modern vehicles, integration of camera-based systems is increasing at a notable pace. Park assist camera is a highly common system, which is mounted at rear-end of the vehicle. Deposition of dirt or snow on the camera is expected to reduce visibility and consequently, automotive OEMs are more likely to adopt camera cleaning system for mounted cameras.
- Camera-based technology has been improving significantly for the past two decades. Moreover, safety features, such as blind spot detection, lane keep assist, and other ADAS based technologies, depend exclusively on the automotive camera. Since multiple ADAS (Advance Driver Assistance System)-based technologies depend on the camera, malfunction of the camera due to deposition of mud, fog, or dirt may affect the functioning of the vehicle. Consequently, the installation of camera cleaning system is likely to increase during the forecast period.
COVID-19 Impact on Automotive Camera Cleaning System Market
- Until the coronavirus pandemic, globally, the financial crisis in 2007-2009 was one of the largest events that hampered the automotive industry. During 2019-2020, the coronavirus pandemic significantly impacted the global. Governments worldwide had enforced a lockdown in order to stop the spread of coronavirus, resulting in the shutdown of manufacturing and production units across multiple industries.
- Coronavirus pandemic hit the global automotive industry more severely and rapidly. It started as disruptions in domestic supply chain on a country level and rapidly resulted in a sharp decline in the demand for vehicles, automotive products, systems, and components worldwide.
- However, in 2021, governments across the globe are enacting aggressive monetary policies to recover from economic losses caused by the coronavirus pandemic. The global economy is expected to start to recover from year 2021. This, in turn, is expected to revive vehicle demand, globally, helping the automotive camera cleaning system market recover from economic losses from 2021.
Automotive Camera Cleaning System Market Segmentation
- The global automotive camera cleaning system market has been segmented based on application, nozzle type, sales channel, vehicle type, and region
- Based on vehicle type, the passenger segment accounted for a major share of the global automotive camera cleaning system market, in terms of revenue. Based on vehicle, the passenger vehicle segment held a key share of the global automotive camera cleaning system market in 2020. It is anticipated to remain a leading segment during the forecast period, owing to the high production of passenger vehicles coupled with higher penetration of camera systems. The premium/ luxury sub-segment held a major share of the passenger vehicles segment, as most premium vehicles are loaded with safety features and witness higher integration of cameras, and hence, offer significant opportunity to the market. Moreover, latest technologies are introduced in premium vehicles. Thus, the sub-segment is likely to account for a higher market share during the forecast period.
- Based on sales channel, the OEM segment accounted for a notable share of the market in 2020. Expansion of the automotive camera cleaning system market is boosting the integration of this technology by OEMs in their vehicles, which can be attributed to the high market share held by the OEM segment. The aftermarket segment is expanding due to the availability of aftermarket automotive camera cleaning systems. Since the automotive camera cleaning system is at the nascent stage, the aftermarket segment held a relatively minor share of the market.
Automotive Camera Cleaning System Market: Regional Analysis
- Based on region, the global automotive camera cleaning system market has been segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America
- Europe held a prominent share of the global automotive camera cleaning market in 2020, owing to high penetration of the automotive camera and camera cleaning system in the region. Stringent safety regulations and high concern for traffic safety among society in the region have resulted in region’s dominance of the global market.
- Consistent rise in penetration of the automotive camera cleaning system across different countries, including China, Germany, Japan, Belgium, France, and the U.K., is a prominent factor driving the global automotive camera cleaning system market. Europe is witnessing a robust increase in penetration of automotive camera cleaning systems. Furthermore, the demand for advanced driver assistance among vehicles is rising, which, in turn, is likely to boost the global automotive camera cleaning system market.
Automotive Camera Cleaning System Market: Competition Landscape
- Prominent players operating in the global automotive camera cleaning system market include
- Continental AG
- Denso Corporation
- Ficosa Internacional SA
- KAUTEX TEXTRON GMBH & CO. KG
- MAGNA ELECTRONICS INC.
- MS FOSTER & ASSOCIATES, INC.
- Panasonic Corp.
- Seeva Technologies
- Shenzhen Mingshang Industrial Co., Ltd.
- Valeo SA
- Key players in the automotive camera cleaning system market are looking for collaborative efforts to meet common goals. This trend has led to the development of products with improved performance due to combined technology from partnerships. Such efforts save time and unnecessary investment. Collaboration helps companies address market demand trends more rapidly than when carried out individually. Furthermore, it enables them to track market response and alter product specifications with ease. Such trends have been gaining importance for the last decade, and they have been able to create a positive impact on the automotive camera cleaning system market.
Automotive Camera Cleaning System Market – Scope of Report
Transparency Market Research’s recent report on the automotive camera cleaning system market, with the help of a comprehensive outlook, provides readers with an assessment of the global market landscape. This study on the automotive camera cleaning system market analyzes the scenario for the period of 2017 to 2031, wherein, 2020 is the base year and 2021 to 2031 covers forecast data. This report enables readers to make important decisions with regard to their business, with the help of a wealth of information enclosed in the study.
This TMR study on the automotive camera cleaning system market also provides data on the developments made by important players and stakeholders in the market, along with a competitive analysis. The report also provides an understanding of the strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities, along with the trends and restraints in the landscape. Presented in a clear sanctioned manner, this report on the automotive camera cleaning system market gives readers an individual understanding of the market.
Key Questions Answered in This Report on Automotive Camera Cleaning System Market
- How much value will the automotive camera cleaning system market generate by the end of the forecast period?
- Which segment of the market is likely to have the maximum market share by 2031?
- What are the impact factors and their effects on the market for automotive camera cleaning system market?
- What regions currently contribute the maximum share to the overall automotive camera cleaning system market?
- What is the impact of coronavirus pandemic on the market share in 2020?
- What are the indicators expected to drive the automotive camera cleaning system market?
- What region is likely to be a lucrative market during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies by key stakeholders in the automotive camera cleaning system market to expand their geographic presence?
- What are the major advancements witnessed in the automotive camera cleaning system market?
- How regulatory norms affected the market for automotive camera cleaning system market?
This report answers these questions and more about the automotive camera cleaning system market, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making the right decisions and strategizing for the advancement of their business.
Automotive Camera Cleaning System Market: Research Methodology
This TMR report on the automotive camera cleaning system market is based on a complete and comprehensive evaluation of the market, backed by secondary and primary sources. Market volume is determined by country wise model mapping of vehicle through internal & external proprietary databases, and relevant patent and regulatory databases. The competitive scenario of the automotive camera cleaning system market is supported by an assessment of different factors that influence the market on a minute and granular level. By thoroughly analyzing the historical data, current trends and announcement by the key players, researchers of the automotive camera cleaning system market arrive at predictions and estimations, and calculate the forecast for the market.
This report uses an analytical triangulation method to estimate the numbers and figures of the automotive camera cleaning system market, with both a bottom-up and top-down approach.
This detailed assessment of the automotive camera cleaning system market, along with an overview of the landscape, is provided based on a careful examination of the avenues related to this industry. Analysts’ conclusions on how the automotive camera cleaning system market is estimated to expand are based on carefully vetted primary and secondary sources.
Automotive Camera Cleaning System Market – Segmentation
This report on the automotive camera cleaning system market provides information on the basis of vehicle type, application, nozzle type, sales channel, and region as follows:
This study also discusses the underlying trends and impact of various factors that are driving the automotive camera cleaning system market, along with their influence on the evolution of the market.
This study also offers Porter’s Five Point Analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory scenario, and a SWOT analysis of the automotive camera cleaning system market, in order to elaborate the crucial growth tactics and opportunities for market players contributing to the market.