Automotive Adhesive Market
Automotive Adhesive Market (Adhesive Type: Structural, Tapes & Films, Threadlocks & Retainers, and Liquid Gasket; Product Type: Solvent, Water, Hot Melt, Reactive, and Others; Application: BIW, Glazing, Powertrain, Paint Shop, Upholstery, and Others; Vehicle Type: Passenger Vehicle, Light Commercial Vehicle, and Heavy Commercial Vehicle; and Sales Channel: OEM and Aftermarket) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
- Automotive & Transport
- 349 Pages
Business Continuity and Employee Safety Crucial During COVID-19
Whilst maintaining health and safety of employees, companies in the automotive adhesive market are finding it challenging to maintain business continuity during the COVID-19 (coronavirus) crisis. However, companies such as Sika USA— a supplier of specialty products for the construction, industrial manufacturing & automotive markets, is striving to maintain continued well-being of its employees and steady business operations. In order to comply with social distancing norms, certain employees that are not working in production units have been instructed to work from home by their employers. This has helped adhesive manufacturers to avoid supply shocks for its customers during unprecedented times.
Employees in the production and shipping operations are working diligently to supply their product for critical automotive manufacturing projects. In order to boost their credibility in the automotive adhesive market, manufacturers are complying with the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) guidelines.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Automotive Adhesive Market
Instantaneous Adhesion and Quick Curing Time of PSAs Lure Automobile Manufacturers
Companies in the automotive adhesive market are innovating in fast-applying pressure sensitive adhesives (PSA). These adhesives are emerging as an alternative to traditional mechanical fasteners, since former aids in vehicle weight reduction. PSAs are being highly publicized to distribute the stress more evenly with adhesives. Since plastics are greatly weakened by mechanical fasteners, manufacturers in the automotive adhesive market are increasing their production levels for PSAs. As such, consistent stress distribution enables the use of thinner materials, which result in weight reduction and fuel savings.
PSA films and foams provide benefits of accurately dispensing liquids onto surfaces. Manufacturers are developing double-sided PSA adhesives that are designed to stick on either sides of the substrate. Instantaneous adhesion and quick curing time are few more advantages of PSAs that are highly preferred by automobile manufacturers.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Weld Bond Adhesives Improve Rigidity of Vehicles and Achieve Weight Reduction
The fast-changing automotive industry has compelled companies in the automotive adhesive market to invest in R&D activities. Sunstar Engineering— a producer of adhesives, sealants, and coating products, conducts R&D at its different sites worldwide to support production processes related to the automobile manufacturing industry.
Since adhesives are an indispensable part of the automobile industry, manufacturers are innovating in adhesives that allow weight reduction in automobiles. However, thinner steel sheets in automobiles are vulnerable to damage and reduce the rigidity of vehicles. Hence, high adhesion of steel sheets helps to improve the strength of steel sheets in automobiles. Companies in the automotive adhesive market are increasing their production capacities for weld bond adhesives that are used as a combination of spot welding and adhesives. These adhesives help to ensure the vehicle body’s rigidity and strength. Weld bond adhesives are being increasingly used to strengthen single point joints in automobiles.
Self-driving Cars Pose R&D Challenges in Automotive Adhesives
The automotive adhesive market is projected to cross a revenue of US$ 7 Bn by 2030. However, constant changes in the development of hybrid cars and electric vehicles has become potentially challenging for adhesive manufacturers to keep with the changing demands of end users. Hence, it has become very important for adhesive manufacturers to increase their research expenditure, especially when the era of self-driving cars is fast approaching. Due to increased emphasis on passenger safety and comfort, manufacturers in the automotive adhesive market are providing up-to-date products that meet demanding applications.
Manufacturers are increasing the availability for smart adhesive solutions. For instance, Bostik— a global player in specialty adhesives is tapping value-grab opportunities in smart automotive adhesive solutions that are designed to enhance vehicle durability and passenger safety.
Manufacturers Gain Global Recognition with Industrial Consultation Services
Apart from cars and electric vehicles, manufacturers in the automotive adhesive market are increasing the availability of tailored products for truck, caravan, and bus manufacturers. EGO— a manufacturer of sealants and adhesives is expanding its product portfolio with tapes and low-VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) adhesives. Companies in the automotive adhesive market are manufacturing rood liner adhesives, trim adhesives, and window sealants that are being increasingly used in automotive assemblies. In order to gain global recognition, adhesive manufacturers are setting up a team of industrial consultants and application technicians that help to brainstorm over interior and exterior applications for automotive manufacturers.
Companies are delivering high quality standard in adhesives and sealants, while abiding with low VOC values and LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) compliance. They are developing tapes that can be precisely die-cut to the shape and dimensions of an automotive part.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Automotive Adhesive Market
In-vehicle Electronics and Sensors Catalyze Demand for High-tech Automotive Adhesives
Adhesives and sealants have become an indispensable part of the joining technology in automobiles. Automotive adhesives have eliminated the need to solder, bolt or weld engines onto substrates, and are being bonded securely and reliably in vehicles. Sealing and potting applications are surging in the ever-increasing automotive manufacturing industry. These applications are bolstering the growth for the automotive adhesive market, which is estimated to progress at a favorable CAGR of ~5% during the assessment period.
In-vehicle electronics and sensors are fueling the demand for automotive adhesives. Lightweight processing of components is a recurring trend in the automotive manufacturing industry, which is another key market driver for growth. As such, there is a need for adhesives that are capable of withstanding chemicals, temperature fluctuations, and routine wear applications. The growing trend toward electromobility is anticipated to fuel the production of high-tech adhesives.
Since the global economy has slowed down due to the COVID-19 outbreak, manufacturers in the automotive adhesive market are focused on fulfilling the demand in critical automotive manufacturing projects to maintain business continuity. Adhesive manufacturers are innovating in smart automotive adhesive solutions that meet performance requirements of OEMs and automotive suppliers. However, there is lack of reliable answers pertaining to adhesives that are subject to adhesion issues in dissimilar substrates in automotive components. Hence, companies should invest in rigorous R&D to overcome adhesion limitations in automotive components. Manufacturers should develop high-tech adhesives that are suitable for electromobility applications such as in-vehicle electronics and sensors.
Automotive Adhesive Market: Overview
- The global automotive adhesive market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~5% during the forecast period, owing to an increase in content of adhesives in vehicles
- Rise in stringency in emission norms and consumer demand for fuel-efficient vehicles is projected to drive the adoption of adhesives in automobiles
Drivers of Automotive Adhesive Market
- Advent of lightweight electric vehicles is estimated to drive the adoption of adhesives as a replacement for rivets and welds. Rise in usage of adhesives for bonding of body panels and body interiors is anticipated to fuel the demand for automotive adhesives. Increase in sales of electric vehicles, owing to a decline in the price of batteries, and government incentives are likely to boost the global automotive adhesive market.
- Increased vehicle production in developing regions, such as Asia Pacific and Latin America, is estimated to propel the consumption of adhesives by automakers. This is, in turn, drive the automotive adhesive market. Countries such as India, Mexico, and Brazil are witnessing significant increase in production of vehicles due to the entry of foreign automakers, which is likely to boost the automotive adhesive market in these countries.
- Usage of automotive adhesives lead to the manufacturing of safer and cost-effective vehicles. Rise in competition among automakers to offer vehicles at attractive prices and high safety rating is expected to drive the automotive adhesives market during the forecast period.
Automotive Adhesive Market Segmentation
- Based on adhesive type, the structural segment held a leading share of the global automotive adhesive market. Structural adhesives are extensively utilized in vehicles to bond structural panels and hence, the segment is expected to hold a dominant share of the market during the forecast period.
- In terms of product type, hot melt and water segments are expected to expand significantly during the forecast period. Demand for hot melt adhesives is increasing considerably due to its superior durability. Water-based adhesives are termed as green products, as they generate low emissions during their manufacturing process.
- Based on application type, powertrain and upholstery segments are estimated to expand at a high growth rate during the forecast period. Adoption of hybrid and electric powertrains is boosting the usage of adhesives for lightweighting. Thus, the powertrain segment is projected to expand significantly during the forecast period. Increased consumer demand for esthetically appealing interiors is boosting the use of adhesives in upholstery.
- In terms of sales channel, the OEM segment held a leading share of the automotive adhesives market with the major consumption of adhesives being in production lines from automakers. The aftermarket segment is estimated to expand at a notable pace as aftermarket repairs and overhauling are likely to boost the demand for adhesives in the aftermarket.
Automotive Adhesive Market: Regional Analysis
- The global automotive adhesive market has been segregated into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America and Europe held a considerable share of the global automotive adhesive market in 2019. North America and Europe are developed markets and are expected to expand at a steady pace during the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific held a leading share of the global automotive adhesive market with China accounting for a dominant share of the market in the region. High volume production of vehicles in the region has fueled the demand for automotive adhesives in the region. The automotive industry in India and countries in ASEAN is expanding at a considerable pace, owing to increased consumer affordability.
Automotive Adhesive Market: Competition Landscape
- Prominent players operating in the global automotive adhesive market include
- Henkel AG & Co.
- Arkema S.A.
- Hunstman International LLC
- Sika AG
- Jowat SE
- Dow Inc.
- 3M, Ashland
- H.B. Fuller Company
- Franklin International
Automotive Adhesive Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research’s recent report on the automotive adhesive market, with the help of a comprehensive outlook, provides readers with an assessment of the global market landscape. This study on the automotive adhesive market analyzes the scenario for the period of 2019 to 2030, wherein 2019 is the base year and 2019?2030 is the forecast year. This report enables readers to make important decisions with regard to their business, with the help of a wealth of information enclosed in the study.
This TMR study on the automotive adhesive market also provides data on the developments made by important players and stakeholders in the market, along with a competitive analysis. The report also provides an understanding of the strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities, along with the trends and restraints in the landscape. Presented in a clear sanctioned manner, this report on the automotive adhesive market gives readers an individual understanding of the market.
Key Questions Answered in This Report on Automotive Adhesive Market
- How much value will the automotive adhesive market generate by the end of the forecast period?
- Which segment of the market is likely to have the maximum market share by 2030?
- What regions currently contribute the maximum share to the overall automotive adhesive market?
- What are the indicators expected to drive the automotive adhesive market?
- What region is likely to be a lucrative market during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies by key stakeholders in the automotive adhesive market to expand their geographic presence?
- What are the major advancements witnessed in the automotive adhesive market?
This report answers these questions and more about the automotive adhesive market, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making the right decisions and strategizing for the advancement of their business.
Automotive Adhesive Market – Research Methodology
This TMR report on the automotive adhesive market is based on a complete and comprehensive evaluation of the market backed by secondary and primary sources. Market volume is determined by country wise model mapping of vehicle through internal & external proprietary databases, and relevant patent and regulatory databases. The competitive scenario of the automotive adhesive market is supported by an assessment of the different factors that influence the market on a minute and granular level. By thoroughly analyzing the historical data, current trends and announcement by the key players, researchers of the automotive adhesive market arrive at predictions and estimations, and calculate the forecast for the market.
This report uses an analytical triangulation method to estimate the numbers and figures of the automotive adhesive market, with both bottom-up and top-down approach.
This detailed assessment of the automotive adhesive market, along with an overview of the landscape, is provided based on a careful examination of the avenues related to this industry. Analysts’ conclusions on how the automotive adhesive market is estimated to expand are based on carefully vetted primary and secondary sources.
Automotive Adhesive Market – Segmentation
This report on the automotive adhesive market provides information on the basis of adhesive type, product type, application, vehicle type, sales channel, and region.
This study also discusses the underlying trends and impact of various factors that are driving the automotive adhesive market, along with their influence on the evolution of the market.
This study also offers Porter’s Five Point Analysis, value chain analysis, and a SWOT analysis of the automotive adhesive market, in order to elaborate the crucial growth tactics and opportunities for market players contributing to the market.