Anal Irrigation Systems Market
Anal Irrigation Systems Market (Product: Mini Devices, Cone Devices, Balloon Catheter Devices, and Bed Systems; Patient: Children and Adults; End User: Hospitals, Clinics, Ambulatory Surgery Centers, Home Care Settings, and Rehabilitation Centers) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Trans-anal Irrigation Therapy Serves as Effective and Cost-efficient Option
Faecal incontinence and chronic constipation is a health issue prevalent in many adults and children. This is why manufacturers are innovating on novel anal irrigation systems that help individuals and healthcare providers prevent chronic constipation and support efficient bowel management.
Manufacturers are creating awareness about trans-anal irrigation (TAI) therapy to treat chronic functional constipation in adults. As such, trans-anal irrigation systems are being widely used to treat bowel dysfunction. Positive outcomes in patients are triggering the demand for efficacious anal irrigation systems that are as good as pharmacological therapies.
Trans-anal irrigation therapy is emerging as a safe treatment option for patients with functional constipation and other chronic refractory conditions. Revenue from anal irrigation therapy in Europe accounted for ~US$ 115 million in 2018; the highest amongst all regions. This is why healthcare providers are making widespread use of trans-anal irrigation systems in the U.K. As such, manufacturers are increasing their production capacities of low-volume systems, since they serve as a cost-effective option as compared to high-volume systems.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Anal Irrigation Systems Market
Minimally-invasive Therapies Help Attain Complete Bowel Rehabilitation
There is growing demand for minimally-invasive treatment options for children suffering from bowel dysfunction. Likewise, healthcare providers recommend endoscopic treatment for vesicoureteral reflux, with anal irrigation therapy as an effective management approach. This minimally-invasive convention is also used to manage non-compliant bladder issues in children who do not respond to conservative therapies, and are suffering from urine and stool incontinence.
Caregivers in home care settings and hospitals are increasingly adopting anal irrigation systems to achieve complete bowel rehabilitation in patients who are diaper-dependent. Healthcare providers are benefitting from the advantages of anal irrigation systems to help patients attain increased bladder capacity. Thus, manufacturers in the healthcare landscape are developing new and complete endoscopic and anal irrigation management systems that are minimally-invasive, safe, simple, and effective for managing stool incontinence.
On the other hand, trans-anal irrigation therapy is reported to serve as a cost-efficient and effective treatment for anterior resection syndrome (ARS). Healthcare providers are also training patients to perform trans-anal therapy using anal irrigation systems through the guidance of nurses and healthcare professionals.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Manufacturers Devise Process Assessments for Safety of New Product Offerings
The anal irrigation systems market is highly consolidated, which is why, manufacturers are introducing novel product offerings to take a lead in this competitive landscape. For instance, Coloplast A/S - a leading Danish manufacturer of medical devices, announced the launch of Peristeen - a trans-anal irrigation system that serves as an evidence-based long-term solution for bowel dysfunction.
However, in many cases, patients have experienced limitations in the functionality of anal irrigation systems. For instance, patients suffering from anal or colorectal stenosis, colorectal cancer, or any active inflammatory bowel disease are not advised to use anal irrigation systems to treat bowel dysfunction. Also, the usage of trans-anal irrigation systems may increase the risk of bowel perforation. To overcome these challenges, manufacturers are increasing awareness about digital rectal examination before using anal irrigation systems. Also, manufacturers need to have a process in place to assess new modifications in any product, and ensure its safety and functionality for patients.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Analysts’ Viewpoint of the Market
Analysts of the anal irrigation systems market anticipate a moderate growth rate during the forecast period. Healthcare providers are increasingly adopting anal irrigation therapy to treat neurogenic bowel dysfunction (NBD) and improve the quality of life of patients. Manufacturers in the healthcare space have developed new integrated systems with enema continence catheters for trans-anal irrigation. This newly-developed treatment has reduced and even eliminated the need for pharmaceutical therapies for patients. However, the licensing process for anal irrigation systems undergoes strict approvals from healthcare institutions, and these systems lack product-specific evidence for clinical effectiveness and safety. As such, manufacturers can overcome these challenges by devising processes for product assessment, and educating healthcare providers about a product’s new modifications with the help of appropriate training programs.
Anal Irrigation Systems Market: Overview
- The global anal irrigation systems market was valued at ~US$ 300 Mn in 2018, and is projected to reach ~US$ 380 Mn by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of ~3% from 2019 to 2027.
- Bed systems is the emerging product type, particularly for bedridden patients, in the global anal irrigation systems market, owing to the greater comfort level offered by this type of anal irrigation system.
- The geriatric population is susceptible to several diseases that can cause fecal incontinence. An anal irrigation system is one of the several treatment options available for this condition. The system is now preferred due to innovative models and less complications.
- Companies are focusing on several strategies to tap the global and regional markets, which include new product development and mergers & acquisitions.
- Rise in the awareness about anal irrigation systems due to programs by various government & non-government organizations augments the global anal irrigation systems market.
Anal Irrigation Systems Market: Definition
- An anal irrigation system is a device that enables the diversion of stool that might be watery or semi-solid, and provides containment.
- Rise in the prevalence of fecal incontinence and constipation in the elderly population boosts the growth of the global anal irrigation systems market, as irrigation systems are considered to be an effective mode of treatment for fecal incontinence and constipation when all other therapies fail.
- The anal irrigation systems market report provides not only standard market sizing information, but also insights into the new products in current and future anal irrigation systems. The overviews, SWOT analysis, and strategies of each major manufacturer in the anal irrigation systems market provide understanding about the market forces regarding the competitive landscape in the global market.
Anal Irrigation Systems Market: Trends
- Continuous innovation in anal irrigation systems that provide comfort to patients and less complications associated with the usage of balloon catheter devices are the major factors driving the balloon catheter devices segment.
- Less complication is a desired feature in an anal irrigation system. Balloon catheter devices are associated with less bowel perforation during anal irrigation as compared to the other types.
- Anal irrigation systems are becoming more popular among adults, because these individuals are more prone to neurological disorders that lead to fecal incontinence.
- Hospitals and home care settings are the major end users of anal irrigation systems. The hospitals segment dominated the global anal irrigation systems market in 2018, due to the rise in neurogenic surgeries in hospitals and high patient preference for anal irrigation in these settings because of availability of well-trained nurses.
- Home care settings is a highly lucrative segment of the anal irrigation systems market. Rise in the demand for anal irrigation systems at home that help reduce the cost of nursing and can be used according to a patient’s convenience are the factors boosting the growth of the segment.
Increase in Geriatric Population with Bowel Problems and Focus on Spreading Awareness about Advantages of Anal Irrigation Systems Drive Market
- Rise in the geriatric population leads to different diseases and conditions such as fecal incontinence and constipation, which, in turn, increases the use of anal irrigation systems.
- Fecal incontinence is one of the common symptoms in the adult population, owing to various factors such as dementia, medications, neuromuscular dysfunction, and stool impaction. Additionally, constipation is known to be highly prevalent in the geriatric population. Fecal incontinence can be controlled by an anal irrigation system.
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the geriatric population (people over the age of 65 years) is projected to increase significantly, and is expected to reach 78 million by 2035.
- Moreover, focus on increasing awareness about the advantages of anal irrigation systems through different campaigns by government & non-government organizations, and rise in the target population for bowel management are the major factors fueling the growth of the global anal irrigation systems market.
Anal Irrigation Systems Market: Competition
- In May 2017, ConvaTec launched the Flexi-Seal PROTECT Fecal Management System (FMS) in the U.S. after the receipt of 510(k) clearance from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- The report provides the company profiles that includes key information about the major players in the market. Leading players analyzed in the report are:
- Coloplast A/S
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- ConvaTec Group plc
- Dickinson and Company (BD)
- Aquaflush Medical Limited
- MBH-International A/S
- Wellspect HealthCare (a Dentsply Sirona Company)
- Consure Medical
- HTKD Medical
- ProSys International Ltd.
- Each of these players have been profiled in the report based on parameters such as company overview, financial overview, business strategies, product portfolio, business segment, and recent developments.
Anal Irrigation Systems Market - Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global anal irrigation systems market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities, to gain valuable insights of the indicators for the said market during the forecast period of 2019 to 2027. The report provides overall market revenue of the global anal irrigation systems market for the period of 2017-2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the last forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) of the global anal irrigation systems market from 2019 to 2027.
The report is prepared after extensive research. Primary research involved bulk of the research efforts, wherein, analysts carried out interviews with key opinion leaders, industry leaders, and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved reaching out to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the anal irrigation systems market.
Secondary research also includes Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts employed a combination of the top-down and bottom-up approach to study various aspects of the anal irrigation systems market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments and sub-segments included in the scope of the study. Moreover, the report throws light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global anal irrigation systems market. These serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global anal irrigation systems market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global anal irrigation systems market. Key players operating in the global anal irrigation systems market are identified, and each one of them is profiled in terms of various attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are the attributes of players in the global anal irrigation systems market that are profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in the Anal Irrigation Systems Market Report
- What is the sales/revenue expected to be generated by anal irrigation systems across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are the opportunities in the anal irrigation systems market?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats in the anal irrigation systems market?
- Which region is set to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which product segment is expected to generate the highest revenue, globally, in 2027?
- Which segment is projected expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period?
- What are the market positions of different companies operating in the global anal irrigation systems market?
Anal Irrigation Systems Market - Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global anal irrigation systems market begins with an overview, followed by the scope and objectives of the study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind this study, key vendors and distributors operating in the anal irrigation systems market, and regulatory scenario for the approval of products.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into smaller sections. The report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows the comparison of the market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the global anal irrigation systems market in terms of product, patient, end user, and region. Key segments under each criteria are studied at length, and the market share for each of them at the end of 2027 provided herein. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investment in the anal irrigation systems market.
Global Anal Irrigation Systems Market - Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global anal irrigation systems market includes information divided into four segments: product, patient, end user, and region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these segments of the global anal irrigation systems market are discussed in detail.