Advanced Glycation End Products Market: Introduction
- Advanced glycation end products (AGEs) are a group of compounds that are usually developed via non-enzymatic reactions which occur between the carbonyl groups of reducing sugars & the free lipids, amino groups of proteins, or nucleic acids. They could be derived exogenously from diet or by endogenously inside the body. Advanced glycation end products form intracellularly and extracellularly inside every tissues and body fluids and are capable of cross-linking with other proteins, which can affect their normal mechanism or functions.
- The advanced glycation end products market can be segmented based on type, indication, end-user, and region. Based on type, the market can be categorized into non-fluorescent AGEs, fluorescent AGEs, and others. The fluorescent AGEs segment can be further sub-segmented into Pentosidine and Methylglyoxal-lysine dimer (MOLD). The non-fluorescent AGEs segment can be further split into Carboxymethyl-lysine (CML), Carboxyethyl-lysine (CEL), and Pyrraline. Based on end-user, the market can be classified into hospitals, homecare, specialty clinics, and others. In terms of indication, the market can be further categorized into diabetes, neoplasm, orthopedic disorder, neurodegenerative disorder, and others.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Advanced Glycation End Products Market
- Rise in incidence of cancer globally is driving the market, as advanced glycation end products majorly raise the level of inflammation in the body, which has been associated with the development of cancer. For instance, according to the National Cancer Institute, 2019, an estimated 1,762,450 new cases of cancer were diagnosed, globally, with around 606,880 deaths from the disease.
- Rising incidences of neurodegenerative disorders including Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases, is anticipated to fuel the market during the forecast period, as advanced glycation end products are proteins that get glycated after the exposure to sugars, which further contributes to the development of neurodegenerative disorders.
- Higher cost of esthetic procedures is estimated to hamper the market during the forecast period. As per the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the average cost of botox treatment is around US$ 397 in the U.S., while a single session of microdermabrasion costs approximately US$ 131 and the cost of a chemical peel is around US$ 669.
- Advanced glycation end products (AGEs) are obtained by the fixing of sugars on proteins, creation of cross links, which tentatively minimize the elasticity of elastin used in esthetic procedures. The American Society of Plastic Surgeons has suggested to postpone all elective services; consequently, numerous esthetic procedures including botulinum toxin therapy, chemical peel, and dermabrasion have decreased, thereby restraining the advanced glycation end products market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Advanced Glycation End Products Market
- North America is anticipated to be a highly lucrative market for advanced glycation end products owing to the presence of prominent biopharmaceutical players in the region. Rapid approval of biopharmaceutical products by regulatory agencies is also fueling the advanced glycation end products market in the region.
- However, the market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a rapid pace owing to the presence of significant generic manufacturers and focus of major players on the region. Expansion of pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industries has led to the rapid demand for advanced glycation end products in the region. Additionally, investments by Contract Research Organizations (CROs) for the development of drugs and biologics are anticipated to drive the advanced glycation end products market in Asia Pacific.
- The market in Latin America is projected to expand at a steady pace owing to the presence of rapidly developing economies along with enhanced healthcare infrastructure in the region. The market in Brazil is anticipated to expand at a significant growth rate during the forecast period due to the rising life science-regarding research and development of healthcare infrastructure in the country.
Key Players Operating in Global Advanced Glycation End Products Market
The global advanced glycation end products market is highly fragmented, with the presence of various key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Major players operating in the global advanced glycation end products market are:
- Allergan Plc
- Estée Lauder Companies
- Shiseido Company
- Beiersdorf AG
- L'Oréal S.A
- Ostium Cosmetics
- PhotoMedex, Inc.
- Alma Laser
- Rodan & Fields, LLC
Global Advanced Glycation End Products Market: Research Scope
Global Advanced Glycation End Products Market, by Type
- Non-fluorescent AGEs
- Carboxymethyl-lysine (CML)
- Carboxyethyl-lysine (CEL)
- Fluorescent AGEs
- Methylglyoxal-lysine dimer (MOLD)
Global Advanced Glycation End Products Market, by Indication
- Orthopedic Disorder
- Neurodegenerative Disorder
Global Advanced Glycation End Products Market, by End User
- Specialty Clinics
Global Advanced Glycation End Products Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East &Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.