Advanced Glycation End Products Market
Advanced Glycation End Products Market (Type: Non-fluorescent AGEs and Fluorescent AGEs; Application: Diabetes Complications, Cancer, Bone Diseases, Neurodegenerative Diseases, and Others; and End User: Hospitals, Specialty Clinics, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
- 187 Pages
Patients with High sRAGE Levels at Risk for COVID-19 Morbidities
The coronavirus disease with lung involvement is being associated with frequent morbidity and mortality. Since the receptor for advanced glycation end product (RAGE) pathway is considered as one of the most important determinants of physiological aging, healthcare companies are increasing the availability of treatment options. The RAGE pathway is considered to play an important role in the physiological aging and pathogenesis of lung diseases. This is creating revenue opportunities for stakeholders in the advanced glycation end products market.
It has been found that patients with high serum soluble-RAGE (sRAGE) levels are more likely to be exposed to COVID-19. Such findings are helping healthcare companies in the advanced glycation end products market to keep their economies running amid the ongoing pandemic due to the demand for treatment options. The availability of treatment products is important since the RAGE pathways play an important role in aggravation of COVID-19 in patients.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Advanced Glycation End Products Market
Stakeholders Focus on Treatments for CHC Patients
Advanced glycation end products (AGEs) is found to be involved in the pathogenesis of various diseases. AGEs play a critical role in the fibrosis and cirrhosis of CHC (chronic hepatitis C) patients through autophagy induction and hepatic stellate cells (HSC) activation. Since this process generates irreversible glycation end products, it induces cellular anomalies that result in potentially fatal clinical consequences. Such findings are translating into incremental opportunities for stakeholders in the advanced glycation end products market.
The glycation reaction in CHC patients tends to activate multiple cellular signals through different receptors, while their toxic by-products lead to acceleration of the pathogenesis of many disorders. Hence, stakeholders in the advanced glycation end products market are increasing their focus in treatments for CHC patients.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
AGE-Alcohol-Adduct Formations in Patients Create Revenue Opportunities for Healthcare Providers
Alcohol is one of the most addictive substances consumed by billions of people and its excessive consumption has resulted in several diseases and injuries. However, there is lack of research pertaining the molecular mechanisms by which alcohol abuse causes cellular toxicity and organ damage. Hence, stakeholders in the advanced glycation end products market are increasing their R&D capabilities to derive the biological connection of AGE-alcohol-adduct formations to alcohol-mediated tissue injury.
Healthcare providers in hospitals, specialty clinics, and other facilities are helping patients to reduce the amounts of potentially harmful AGEs by decreasing the production of endogenous AGEs to prevent the possibility of several diseases. Since AGE adducts lead to alcohol-mediated multiorgan damage, stakeholders in the advanced glycation end products market are recommending patients to decrease the intake of n-6 fatty acids through dairy products, Western diets, and soft drinks, among others.
High Prevalence of Diabetes in Individuals Drives Global Market
The advanced glycation end products market is projected to reach US$ 2.76 Bn by 2031. The high prevalence of type 1 and type 2 diabetes is acting as one of the key drivers for market growth. As such, ELISA and spectrofluorimetric methods are being used to determine the concentration of different AGEs and their receptors amongst diabetes patients. These methods are being used to study protein-bound AGEs, fluorescent low molecular weight AGEs and new class of melibiose-derived glycation product (MAGE).
Diabetes is directly related to the increasing prevalence of overweight and obese patients. Hence, stakeholders in the advanced glycation end products market are creating awareness about HbA1c as an important segment of long-term glycemic control and a reliable biomarker for the diagnosis of diabetes.
R&D Helps Gain Insights in Stem Cell-based Regenerative Therapies
Stem cell-based regenerative therapies hold promising potentials for the treatment of a wide spectrum of diseases. However, it has been found that stem cell engraftment and survival are still challenging due to an unfavorable transplantation environment. Moreover, AGEs can add to the generation of these harmful conditions. Stakeholders in the advanced glycation end products market are increasing efforts to investigate solid scientific proof to derive new therapeutic insights into stem cell transplantation as an effective regenerative therapy.
It has been found that AGEs impair the proliferation and apoptosis on different types of primary stem cells in vitro. Stakeholders in the advanced glycation end products market are boosting their R&D capabilities to understand the effects of AGEs such as activation of RAGE or apoptopic pathways and even excessive ROS generation.
AGE Accumulation in Neuromusculoskeletal Tissues Triggers Demand for Treatment Options
Diabetic and elderly patients often have musculoskeletal disorders that are linked with AGEs. Such findings are bolstering research activities in the advanced glycation end products market, as AGEs are a biomarker for ageing and evaluating disease conditions. However, apart from fluorescence, spectroscopy and immunological methods used to measure AGEs, there is a need for more standardized evaluation methods due to the heterogeneity of AGEs. Stakeholders in the market are increasing their research to improve these evaluation methods.
The AGE accumulation in neuromusculoskeletal tissues, including muscles, bones, and cartilages, among others tend to adversely affect biomechanical properties by causing charge changes and forming cross-linkages. Such findings are compelling stakeholders in the advanced glycation end products market to increase the availability of treatment options for patients with musculoskeletal disorders.
Stakeholders Developing Strategies to Target Formation of AGEs in Vivo
AGEs accumulate in vivo and activate various signaling pathways closely related to the occurrence of various chronic metabolic diseases. The high prevalence of these diseases are contributing to the growth of the advanced glycation end products market. AGEs play a pathological role in the development of metabolic diseases such as diabetes, Alzheimer’s, and atherosclerosis, among others. Hence, stakeholders in the market are providing treatments that help to reduce the endogenous formation and accumulation in vivo to prevent and control diabetes.
Companies in the advanced glycation end products market are developing strategies to target the formation of AGEs in vivo. They are increasing awareness about metformin that helps to reduce blood glucose levels and induces glyoxalase I activity, which ultimately reduces the level of methylglyoxal (MG), an important precursor of AGEs.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Since the interaction of AGEs and their receptors (RAGE) cause inflammatory reactions and formation of blood clots in the walls of patients’ arteries, there is a need to improve effectiveness of treatments amid the COVID-19 pandemic. The advanced glycation end products market is predicted to expand at a CAGR of 5.4% during the forecast period. This is evident since there is a need for standardized evaluation methods to measure AGEs in patients with musculoskeletal disorders. Hence, stakeholders should increase efforts to understand AGEs related pathomechanism, which holds potential to develop novel methods for the prevention and therapy of such disorders that can affect patients’ quality of life.
Advanced Glycation End Products Market: Overview
- Advanced glycation end products (AGEs) are a group of compounds that are usually developed via non-enzymatic reactions that occur between the carbonyl groups of reducing sugars & the free lipids, amino groups of proteins, or nucleic acids. They could be derived exogenously from diet or by endogenously inside the body. Advanced glycation end products form intracellular and extracellular inside every tissues and body fluids and are capable of cross-linking with other proteins, which can affect their normal mechanism or functions.
- Aging is the progressive accumulation of damage to an organism over time, leading to disease and death. Recently, advanced glycation end products (AGEs) have received particular attention. AGEs are formed in high amounts in diabetes, but also in the physiological organism during aging.
- AGEs seem to widely accumulate in extrinsically aged skin. The role of advanced glycation end products (AGEs) has been increasingly discussed in skin aging, and the potential of anti-AGE strategies has received high interest from pharmaceutical companies for the development of novel anti-aging cosmeceuticals compounds.
- In the skin, glycation accounts for accelerated aging, yellowing and stiffness, and decreased circulation. Skin cannot look young and healthy with glycation products and treatment is best started with prevention by diet control, reducing total calories, and avoiding high sugar foods. However, supplements such as aminoguanidine, pyridoxamine, carnosine, and benfotiamine are excellent glycation preventers and are already gaining traction in the cosmetic industry. As noted, topical products to treat glycation thus far are few and not very effective; however, a recent approach measuring Pentosidine in the skin suggests a new approach to skin care and anti-aging treatments.
- Rising incidence of cancer globally is driving the market, as advanced glycation end products majorly raise the level of inflammation in the body, which has been associated with the development of cancer. For instance, according to the National Cancer Institute, 2019, an estimated 1,762,450 new cases of cancer were diagnosed globally, with around 606,880 deaths from the disease.
- Rising incidences of neurodegenerative disorders including Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s diseases, etc. is anticipated to fuel the market during the forecast period, as advanced glycation end products are proteins that get glycated after exposure to sugars, which further contributes to the development of neurodegenerative disorders.
Market Segmentation: Advanced Glycation End Products Market
- In terms of type, the global advanced glycation end products market has been classified into non-fluorescent AGEs, fluorescent AGEs, and others. The fluorescent AGEs segment can be further sub-segmented into Pentosidine and Methylglyoxal-lysine dimer (MOLD). The non-fluorescent AGEs segment can be further split into Carboxymethyl-lysine (CML), Carboxyethyl-lysine (CEL), and Pyrraline.
- Based on application, the global advanced glycation end products market has been categorized into diabetes complications, cancer, bone diseases, neurodegenerative diseases, and others
- In terms of end user, the global advanced glycation end products market has been classified into hospitals, specialty clinics, and others
- Each of the segments has been analyzed in detail for market trends, recent trends, and developments, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and useful insights. The advanced glycation end products market report provides current and expected revenue (US$ Mn) for each of these segments from 2021 to 2031, considering 2020 as the base year. The compound annual growth rate (percentage CAGR) has been provided for each segment and market from 2021 to 2031, along with market size estimations.
Regional Overview: Advanced Glycation End Products Market
- In terms of region, the global advanced glycation end products market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The regions have been divided into major countries and sub-regions.
- Rise in prevalence of lifestyle diseases and increase in healthcare expenditure are anticipated to boost the market in North America during the forecast period. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, presently, over 100 million adults in the U.S. are living with diabetes or prediabetes. About 1.4 million new cases of diabetes are diagnosed in the U.S. every year. More than one in every 10 adults aged 20 or older has diabetes.
- The market in Latin America is projected to expand at a steady pace, owing to the presence of rapidly developing economies, along with enhanced healthcare infrastructure in the region. The market in Brazil is anticipated to expand at a significant growth rate during the forecast period due to the rising life science-regarding research and development of healthcare infrastructure in the country.
- The current and expected market revenue (US$ Mn) of these regional markets and their major countries have been provided in the report from 2021 to 2031, with their CAGRs from 2021 to 2031
- The study also offers a list of recommendations, highlights, and useful insights of the global advanced glycation end products market, which would help new companies willing to enter the market and existing companies to increase market shares and in the decision-making process
- The advanced glycation end products market report concludes with the company profiles section, which includes key information about major players in the global advanced glycation end products market
- Leading players analyzed in the report include
- AbbVie, Inc. (Allergan Plc)
- Merck KGaA
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- Estée Lauder Companies
- Shiseido Company, Limited
- Beiersdorf AG
- L’Oreal S.A.
- Rodan & Fields
- PhotoMedex, Inc.
- Ostium Cosmetics
- Cell Biolabs, Inc.
- Shanghai Korain Biotech Co., Ltd.
- Each of these players has been profiled in the advanced glycation end products market report based on parameters such as company overview, financial overview, business strategies, application portfolio, business segments, and recent developments
Advanced Glycation End Products Market – Scope of Report
TMR’s report on the global advanced glycation end products market studies the past as well as the current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2021 to 2031. The report provides revenue of the global advanced glycation end products market for the period from 2017–2031, considering 2020 as the base year and 2031 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) of the global advanced glycation end products market from 2021 to 2031.
The report has been prepared after an extensive research. Primary research involved bulk of the research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with key opinion leaders, industry leaders, and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the advanced glycation end products market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various attributes of the global advanced glycation end products market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Moreover, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global advanced glycation end products market. These serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global advanced glycation end products market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global advanced glycation end products market. Key players operating in the global advanced glycation end products market are identified and each one of these is profiled in terms of various attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are the attributes of players in the global advanced glycation end products market profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Advanced Glycation End Products Market Report
- What is the sales/revenue generated by the advanced glycation end products market across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are the opportunities in the global advanced glycation end products market?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, and threats in the market?
- Which regional market is set to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which type segment is expected to generate the highest revenue globally in 2031?
- Which segment is projected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period?
- What are the market positions of different companies operating in the global market?
Advanced Glycation End Products Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global advanced glycation end products market begins with an overview, followed by the scope and objectives of the study. The report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind this study and key vendors and distributors operating in the market and regulatory scenario for approval of products.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into smaller ones. The report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of the market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the global advanced glycation end products market in terms of type, application, end user, and region. Key segments under each criterion are studied at length, and the market share for each of these at the end of 2031 has been provided. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investment in the global advanced glycation end products market.
Advanced Glycation End Products Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global advanced glycation end products market includes information divided into four segments: type, application, end user, and region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these segments of the global advanced glycation end products market are discussed in detail.