Edges of 2D Laparoscopy Imaging Systems to Fillip the Leap of 3D Laparoscopy Imaging Systems Market
A recent Transparency Market Research (TMR) study examined the potential of the 3D laparoscopy imaging systems market, spanning 5 key regions, and documented high-to-low impact trends and notable developments. As per the findings, the 3D laparoscopy imaging systems market is on track to record a valuation of ~ US$ 4 billion by 2027, representing a real shift of medical personnel from using 2D laparoscopy imaging systems.
The question is no longer confined as to how quickly 3D laparoscopy imaging systems will overtake 2D systems; it is how 3D will lead and grab opportunities from invasive surgeries and aid surgeons bundle a patient-centric offering. As patients leading demanding lifestyles tend to prefer minimally-invasive procedures, manufacturers will enjoy better penetration of 3D laparoscopy imaging systems.
Growth of the market will also gain momentum owing to the rising number of bariatric surgeries being performed. As surgeons require a stereoscopic vision of anatomy for an accurate dissection prior to the surgery, the application scope of 3D laparoscopy imaging systems is likely to expand in bariatric surgeries. However, amidst the steady growth of the industry, challenges from technologically-driven 3D laparoscopy imaging systems flag the affordability issue, which is likely to crop up, especially in the developing countries.
To put this in perspective, 'high cost' can limit the growth of the landscape, and it will become a deciding factor for the shift from 2D to 3D laparoscopy imaging systems. Overall, the industry will progress at a compound annual growth rate of 4.5 percent during the forecast period of 2019-2027.
Identify the key factors that will drive your company’s growth. Request a brochure of this report here
2D to 3D - The Shift is Underway
As the healthcare industry harnesses the power of technology to develop patient-centric treatment options, 3D laparoscopy imaging systems will dim the market value of 2D systems. 3D laparoscopy imaging systems offer enhanced operative vision with a binocular-depth perception that is absent in 2D laparoscopy imaging systems. Growth in the number of surgeries using advanced laparoscopy imaging systems is further increasing the reliance of surgeons on these units, given their better performance and lower error rates.
Beside surgeons, 3D laparoscopic procedures also gain the favorability of patients. Patients show a high proclivity for minimally-invasive procedures, given their emphasis on less blood loss, smaller scars, reduced pain, better recovery times, and shorter stay, which is likely to uptake the demand for 3D laparoscopy imaging systems during the forecast period.
Want to know more such detailed insights of “3D Laparoscopy Imaging Systems Market”? Request a PDF sample here
Inpatient to Outpatient Settings - A Notable Shift to Focus On
Unsurprisingly, hospitals hold a leading stance in the 3D laparoscopy imaging systems market, on account of discretionary spending by government bodies in the form of grants for innovation in medical devices and establishment of new hospitals. The adoption of 3D laparoscopy imaging systems at a CAGR of ~ 5% in hospitals during the forecast period represents the traditional preference for inpatient settings; however, as ambulatory surgical centers and clinics bank big on minimal wait times, easy scheduling, affordability, and better recovery times, outpatient settings are likely to grow in terms of popularity, in the future, for various surgeries.
The deployment of 3D laparoscopy imaging systems will remain high for bariatric surgeries, which is gaining popularity among the obese and diabetic populace. Bariatric surgeries remain a key revenue pocket for the 3D laparoscopy imaging systems market, currently holding a share of ~ 33 percent, and increasing its revenue share at an exponential rate.
New dimensions to 3D laparoscopy imaging systems are likely to emerge from gynecological surgeries, as gynecologists seek extended range of motion and improved hand-eye coordination. Currently, gynecological surgeries account for ~ 29 percent of the global sales of 3D laparoscopy imaging systems, and this segment is likely to grow at a CAGR of ~ 5 percent during the forecast period, as patients are drawn towards technologically-advanced healthcare procedures for better outcomes.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report here
Will Robotic Systems Ambush Market Growth?
As the healthcare industry looks at the technology that blurs the boundary separating near-accurate and accurate surgeries, the rise of robotic systems will play a central role. A high level of dexterity with improved movement as compared to a human hand or wrist has been the key distinguishing proposition for robotic systems, thereby paling the popularity of 3D laparoscopy imaging systems.
Should market players worry about this?
The answer is - No. Though robotic systems are deemed efficient with a low risk of infection and blood loss, 3D laparoscopy imaging systems tend to outperform these systems in selected procedures, such as mitral valve repair and keyhole surgeries. Robotic procedures require more operative time as compared to 3D laparoscopy imaging systems. For instance, robotic procedures take around 224 minutes for a mitral valve repair surgery, while the same can be performed using laparoscopic systems in 180 minutes, with lesser blood transfusion. In addition, market players can renew the interest of surgeons in 3D laparoscopy imaging systems by employing a price-competitive strategy to regain the paling strength of the market, as the price of robotic systems is on the higher side.
Interpreting the 3D Laparoscopy Imaging Systems Landscape for Market Players
High demand, strong portfolio, solid R&D spending, and positive legislative environment account for the high-value growth of the European 3D laparoscopy imaging systems market. Germany - being the leading medical device market in Europe in terms of revenue, holds enormous potential, with an anticipated value of ~ US$ 400 million by 2027.
The incorporation of new technologies and investments towards increasing production capacity will remain the common thread across manufacturing capabilities across the country. For example, a German player, KARL STORZ SE & Co. KG, announced the introduction of hyperspectral imaging in its range of products, in June 2019. Another player, B. Braun Melsungen AG, inaugurated 5 new medical production facilities in Penang, Malaysia, well-equipped with advanced technology and production infrastructure to manufacture medical devices for pharmaceutical solutions, infusion therapy, and surgical instruments.
With a promising future, the 3D laparoscopy imaging systems market does hold underlying possibilities and opportunities for prominent and new entrants to outscore the performance of established players. Manufacturers should look at the expansion of their product portfolio, coupled with focus on broadening their exposure in developing countries by recruiting direct sales force professionals. Investments made toward the integration of advanced technologies for the development of minimally-invasive devices will remain well-appreciated by surgeons and patients. Building partnerships with hospitals and ambulatory surgery centers will help manufacturers gain a revenue influx in the long-term, and help sustain their position in the 3D laparoscopy imaging systems market.
Global 3D Laparoscopy Imaging Systems Market: Overview
3D laparoscopic imaging systems have stereoscopic vision, where depth perception is achieved by different unique images received by each eye. Recent improvements in stereoscopic projection technology using passive polarizing displays have significantly improved novice surgeon performance during the acquisition of minimally-invasive surgical skills.
Strategic Acquisitions and Partnerships Drive 3D Laparoscopy Imaging Systems Market
- The global 3D laparoscopy imaging systems market was valued at ~ US$ 2.8 Bn in 2018, and is projected to reach ~ US$ 4 Bn by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 4.5% from 2019 to 2027.
- Strategic acquisitions by service providers have enabled them to enhance their position, increase their service offerings, and strengthen their customer base in the global 3D laparoscopy imaging systems market. For instance, in April 2017, Olympus Corporation acquired Image Stream Medical, Inc., a Massachusetts-based provider of system integration services. The acquisition helped Olympus strengthen its imaging business by combining the technologies of the two companies and enhance its presence in the medical sector.
- Similarly, in February 2019, CONMED acquired Buffalo Filter, LLC, a developer of surgical smoke evacuation technologies. The acquisition will complement CONMED’s advanced surgical portfolio.
Technological Advances in Surgical Visualization to Propel 3D Laparoscopy Imaging Systems Market
- In May 2019, Fujifilm Corporation announced that it plans to build a new 'smart' manufacturing facility at the site of Fujifilm Techno Products Co., Ltd., which is one of Fujifilm’s production bases for endoscopy products. The new manufacturing facility will employ artificial intelligence and Internet of Things (IoT) to achieve significant high production efficiency. The facility will manufacture endoscopes compatible with its endoscopy systems, such as 'ELUXEO' and 'LASEREO'.
- Visionsense is credited with the development of the first small diameter 3D HD visualization system that supports HD IR Fluorescence. Visionsense's miniature camera is the only 3D stereoscopic surgical camera that provides a stereo image from a single sensor. The sensor is in a microchip at the distal end. Due to this novel mechanism, the system is being used by leading hospitals in the U.S. For instance, in June 2019, St. Joseph’s Hospital, a part of the BayCare Health System, acquired the Visionsense VSiii 3-D miniature camera system.
- The introduction of technologically-advanced imaging is likely to fuel the growth of the 3D laparoscopy imaging systems market.
Rise in Scope of 3D Laparoscopy in Bariatric Surgery
- The bariatric surgery segment accounted for the largest share of the global 3D laparoscopy imaging systems market in 2018. 3D laparoscopy has proven to be beneficial in bariatric procedures for the restoration of depth perception, creation of a gastric pouch, and gastrojejunal anastomosis. The clinical benefits of 3D laparoscopy in bariatric procedures are anticipated to fuel the growth of the segment in the global 3D laparoscopy imaging systems market.
- The gynecological surgery segment held the second-largest share in the global 3D laparoscopy imaging systems market in terms of revenue in 2018. The segment is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 4.7% from 2019 to 2027, in the global 3D laparoscopy imaging systems market. 3D visualization in gynecological laparoscopy is quite helpful in identifying the anatomy. It also helps surgeons identify the surgical plane and ascertain the depth in surgery.
North America a Prominent 3D Laparoscopy Imaging Systems Market
- The report offers detailed segmentation of the global 3D laparoscopy imaging systems market based on application, end user, and region
- Based on application, the global 3D laparoscopy imaging systems market has been categorized into gynecological surgery, bariatric surgery, urological surgery, and others. In terms of end user, the global 3D laparoscopy imaging systems market has been divided into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, and others.
- Geographically, the global 3D laparoscopy imaging systems market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa. North America holds a substantial share of the global 3D laparoscopy imaging systems market.
Companies Mentioned in the 3D Laparoscopy Imaging Systems Report
The report provides profiles of the leading players operating in the global 3D laparoscopy imaging systems market. Some of the key players operating in the global 3D laparoscopy imaging systems market include -
- Olympus Corporation
- KARL STORZ SE & Co. KG
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- CONMED Corporation
- Richard Wolf GmbH
- Fujifilm Holdings Corporation
- Sometech, Inc.
[162 Pages Report] Transparency Market Research (TMR), in its latest research report, accentuates actionable information that can be followed up on by stakeholders operating in the 3D laparoscopy imaging systems market, to make use of the compiled information and devise strategic plans for their business advancement. This exclusive business study covers latent and distinguished market intelligence regarding the growth drivers of the 3D laparoscopy imaging systems market. With the help of this comprehensive business guide, stakeholders functioning in the 3D laparoscopy imaging systems market can devise well-informed growth strategies for their businesses.
This comprehensive research report provides a detailed outlook pertaining to the shifting dynamics of the 3D laparoscopy imaging systems market by identifying the key drivers, opportunities, restraints, developments, and threats. This exclusive market study also includes an in-depth SWOT analysis of the leading, prominent, and emerging market players functioning in the 3D laparoscopy imaging systems market during the course of the forecast period of 2019-2027. This will help stakeholders gain an incisive outlook on the growth of the 3D laparoscopy imaging systems market.
This exclusive study assesses and includes Porter’s Five Forces analysis in order to offer crucial growth strategies and underlying opportunities present in the 3D laparoscopy imaging systems market. This exclusive market study also sheds light on the key trends and notable developments that fillip the value of the 3D laparoscopy imaging systems market during the forecast period of 2019-2027.
This comprehensive research report provides an in-depth evaluation pertaining to the competitive landscape. The global market study offers crucial information regarding the key competitors of the 3D laparoscopy imaging systems market, along with their key strategies, financials, and products that can aid stakeholders in evaluating key insights into the 3D laparoscopy imaging systems market. The 3D laparoscopy imaging systems analysis has been carried out in terms of value (US$ Mn).
3D Laparoscopy Imaging Systems Market - Key Questions Answered
This exclusive study addresses key questions for stakeholders in the 3D laparoscopy imaging systems market:
- What are the key developments anticipated to take place in the 3D laparoscopy imaging systems market during the period of 2019-2027?
- What are the crucial winning strategies for players operating in the 3D laparoscopy imaging systems market?
- Which end user segment will remain a key contributor to the growth of the 3D laparoscopy imaging systems market?
- What are the important trends stimulating the growth of the 3D laparoscopy imaging systems market?
- Which application segment will bode lucrative growth opportunities for the 3D laparoscopy imaging systems market?
3D Laparoscopy Imaging Systems Market - Research Methodology
Research undertaken by TMR’s analysts includes a robust approach, including both, primary and secondary research methodologies. In order to conduct primary research, interviews and discussions with industry experts, key opinion leaders, vendors, and distributors were carried out. This aids in analyzing the demand-supply gap present in the 3D laparoscopy imaging systems market.
For conducting secondary research, marketing collaterals, company websites, industry associations, and government statistics were referred to and studied. Insights obtained through primary and secondary research were then authenticated with the data triangulation method.
3D Laparoscopy Imaging Systems Market - Segmentation
In order to present a microscopic as well as a macroscopic view of the 3D laparoscopy imaging systems market, authors of this comprehensive research report have segregated the market on the basis of application, end user, and region. This global research report also assesses the incremental opportunity available in the 3D laparoscopy imaging systems market. Key segments of the 3D laparoscopy imaging systems market are as mentioned below:
Type of Treatment
Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Middle East & Africa