Infusion Therapy Market: Introduction
- Infusion therapy involves direct delivery of medication in the bloodstream through intravenous route for immediate relief of pain or in case where a patient is unable to swallow medication. The therapy is performed at home and involves administration of medication via catheter or needles. Infusion therapy services are commonly used in the treatment of cancer, gastrointestinal (GI) disorders, heart failure, chronic pain, immune system problems, and other conditions.
- Infusion therapy services are also used in the treatment of disease conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn’s disease, immune deficiencies, hemophilia, and multiple sclerosis. Hence, increase in application areas of infusion therapy creates significant opportunity for companies to expand their services. This in turn is projected to drive the global infusion therapy market. Additionally, infusion therapy includes administrative services, patient education services, care coordination, and pharmacy services. These factors mentioned above boost the growth of the global market.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Infusion Therapy Market Report
Key Drivers of Global Infusion Therapy Market
- Increase in Number of Patients with Chronic Pain, Cancer, and Diabetes Drive Global Market
- Rise in number of people suffering from chronic pain, cancer, and diabetes is a major driver of the global infusion therapy market
- According to the WHO 2015 report, cancer is the second leading cause of death globally and accounted for 8.8 million deaths in 2015
- Diabetes a major disease category that requires infusion systems for precise and effective drug delivery. According to the WHO 2015 data, around 1.6 million deaths were directly caused by diabetes. The disease is projected be the seventh leading cause of death by 2030.
- Initiatives by Health Care Service Providers to Support Market Growth
- The global infusion therapy segment is witnessing steady growth due to the presence of large number of small- and medium-scale players such as Walgreens Company, BioScrip, Inc., Critical Care System, and Apria Healthcare that offer home infusion therapy. For example, BioScrip, Inc. has 40 specialty infusion pharmacies and 33 nursing locations in 46 states of the U.S. These facilities offer 24x7 services by skilled infusion nurses and clinical pharmacies. Hence, these initiatives by health care service providers are anticipated to fuel the growth of the global infusion therapy market. Major players in the global market are Gentiva Health Services, American Home Patient, Lincare Holdings, Inc., and Apria Healthcare.
Total Parenteral Nutrition Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of product type, the global infusion therapy market can be classified into intravenous set, needleless catheter, and infusion pump
- Based on application, the global infusion therapy market can be categorized into chemotherapy, diabetes, hydration therapy, inotropic therapy, pain management, HIV, post-transplant therapies, total parenteral nutrition, hemophilia, and others
- In terms of end-user, the global infusion therapy market can be categorized into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, specialty clinics, home care, and others
Emerging Economies to Offer Growth Opportunities
- In terms of region, the global infusion therapy market can be classified into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The infusion therapy market is growing rapidly in North America due to high incidence rate of chronic diseases such as diabetes and cardiovascular diseases. Europe is likely to be the second largest market during the forecast period. Growth of the market in the region is attributed to technological advancements and increase in investments by pharmaceutical companies such as Phillips Healthcare and ResMed, Inc. in infusion therapy business. Hence, the factors mentioned above are expected to boost the growth of the infusion therapy market in Europe. Additionally, aging population coupled with shifting focus of patients from hospital stay to home is likely to fuel the growth of the home care segment in the region. Asia Pacific is considered an emerging market for infusion therapy due to rise in demand for low cost infusion therapy. The infusion therapy market in the region is projected to grow at a rapid pace due to emergence of large number of health care equipment manufacturers and rise in number of organizations that provide infusion therapy.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Infusion Therapy Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global infusion therapy market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key players operating in the global infusion therapy market are:
- BioScrip, Inc.
- CareCentrix, Inc.
- Coram LLC
- Medical Services of America, Inc.
- Cleveland Clinic
- Option Care Enterprises, Inc.
- Allina Health
- ICU Medical, Inc.
Global Infusion Therapy Market: Research Scope
Global Infusion Therapy Market, by Product Type
- Intravenous Set
- Needleless Catheter
- Infusion Pump
Global Infusion Therapy Market, by Application
- Hydration Therapy
- Inotropic Therapy
- Pain Management
- Post-transplant Therapies
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Global Infusion Therapy Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Specialty clinics
- Home Care
Global Infusion Therapy Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.