Tissue Processing Systems Market: Overview
Tissue processing is a process of preparing the tissue for analysis by embedding the tissue in a solid medium that will provide sufficient rigidity to the tissue, so that thin sections of the tissue can be cut. A tissue processor is used to prepare samples of a tissue by fixing, staining and dehydrating the tissue. The processors are generally single unit devices that can house a variety of processing techniques to suit the diverse needs of the laboratory. Tissue processing includes various stages: collection, labeling & fixation of specimen, dehydration, clearing, impregnation, embedding and finally trimming & sectioning.
Tissue processing can be carried out manually (hand processing), but in case of multiple specimens it is convenient and more efficient to employ a tissue processor. Tissue processing devices are available since the 1940’s and have evolved to be safer in use, process more quickly, handle larger specimen numbers and produce superior quality outcomes.
Tissue Processing Systems Market: Segmentation
There are two major types of tissue processors, the fluid-transfer processors also called as enclosed type in that specimens are kept in a single process chamber and fluids are pumped in and out as requisite. The other type is the tissue-transfer also called as dip and dunk processor in which specimens to be processed are moved from container to container. The modern processors offer efficient fluid circulation, temperature manipulation and vacuum/pressure cycles to improve processing and decrease processing times.
Tissue processing systems market can be classified on the basis of
- Fluid-transfer processors
- Tissue-transfer processors
- Small volume processors
- Medium volume processors
- Large volume processors
Tissue processing is important for the microscopic analysis of tissues and cells that require preparation of extremely thin, high quality sections to demonstrate abnormal and normal structures. Mostly fresh tissues are very delicate and can be easily damaged and distorted, thus it is impossible to prepare thin sections from it. To study the tissue under microscope, tissue must be chemically preserved or fixed.
Tissue Processing Systems Market: Region-wise Outlook
Geographically, the global tissue processing systems market is segmented into four major segments for the purpose of the report: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and Rest of the World (RoW). North America has been the traditional market leader, trailed by Europe. Together, these markets constitute the largest share in the tissue processing systems market. The reasons for this include: new and emerging technologies and rapid advancements in microscopy technology, an increasing number of academic and commercial healthcare institutions, and a deeper emphasis on research and development activities in life science industry.
However, Asia Pacific market is also witnessing a very positive growth due to development of healthcare system, rising pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry along with the encouraging regulatory environment and growth in medical tourism in countries such as India and China. Along with Asia Pacific, Latin American countries are also witnessing an admirable growth. Majority of the growth in this region is attributed by the growth and development of healthcare industry in China, Brazil, and India.
The development of the medical industry, the growing prevalence of various types of diseases, and a willingness to spend on accurate medical instruments are among the other notable factors that will help keep this market on the growth track.
Tissue Processing Systems Market: Key Players
The global tissue processing systems market is highly fragmented due to the participation of many global as well as new players in this market. Some of the major players in the market are IHC WORLD, LLC, Leica Biosystems Nussloch GmbH, Siemens AG, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. and Universal Microtomes.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East & Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts, and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors, along with market attractiveness within the segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and various geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.