With increasing joint and connective tissue problems caused by hectic lifestyles, non-nutritious food habits, and lack of physical workouts, the demand for rheumatology is on an increase on a global scale. Rheumatology is concerned with the therapy of rheumatic diseases and problems involving joints, soft tissues, autoimmune diseases, heritable connective tissue disorders, and vasculitis. Some of the major rheumatic conditions are neck pain, back pain, osteoarthritis, and bursitis. From 2005 to 2011, the rheumatology therapeutics market has grown at an encouraging rate, but during the period from 2012 to 2018, it is expected to grow at a slow pace. Some of the key drivers of the rheumatology therapeutics market are increasing population with joint problems, the improving technology in the medical field, increased research and development expenditure on healthcare, and the growing willingness of people to stay fit.
The market can be segmented on the basis of drugs used in rheumatology therapeutics into Enbrel (etanercept), Humira (adalimumab) and Remicade (infliximab) Enbrel (etanercept). Humira (adalimumab) and Remicade (infliximab) are the major shareholders of the drugs used in rheumatology therapeutics, out of which Enbrel and Humira have the majority of the market share in the U.S. while Remicade holds its roots in the European Union. Pfizer’s Celebrex, a major drug used for the treatment of osteoarthritis, saw high sales during 2010-11 and is expected to be demanded more during the period from 2012 to 2016.
The market of rheumatology therapeutics suffers restraints due to the entry of biosimilars despite healthy sales and the positive impact of the expanding geriatric population. The entry of biosimilars will slow the growth of the rheumatology therapeutics market. During the period from 2012 to 2018, the annual growth rate of the rheumatology therapeutics market is expected to fall. The opportunities that the market has are a growing aging population which leads to an increase in the number of joint problems, a rise in the disposable income of individuals, and increased concerns regarding health.
Some of the market players in this industry are Abbott Laboratories, Pfizer, Janssen Biotech, Merck, Amgen and others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments