Home Press Releases Endoscopy Devices Market is Expected to Reach USD 36.9 Billion Globally by 2019
Endoscopy Devices Market is Expected to Reach USD 36.9 Billion Globally by 2019
Posted on Jul 2, 2014
According to a New Market Report “Endoscopy Devices Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2013-2019” the global endoscopy devices market was valued at USD 24.9 billion in 2012 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.8% from 2013 to 2019, to reach an estimated value of USD 36.9 billion in 2019.
Endoscopy procedures are performed by inserting rod shaped telescope and specialized instruments through small incisions in the body. These procedures can be diagnostic as well as operative, and are explored for various areas of surgery including gastrointestinal, urological, ENT, cardiovascular and joint surgeries. As these are minimally invasive procedures, they provide various advantages over open surgeries such as reduced blood loss, reduced chances of infection, shorter hospital stay, and quick recovery. Due to these advantages, the adoption of endoscopy is increasing rapidly; especially in the field of oncology.
An endoscopy system comprises of an endoscope, visualization system (which includes the camera, control unit, illumination devices, image processing devices, and display) and various specialized operative instruments (which include energy systems, internal closure devices, irrigation systems, and others). An endoscope that is rigid, finds applications in arthroscopy and laparoscopies and flexible endoscopes have application in gastrointestinal, urology and other systems where rigid endoscope may not reach. Modern endoscopes called as videoscopes have a “chip-on-tip” which deliver better image quality and are more durable. Fiberoptic endoscopes are fragile and delicate, hence get damaged easily. This is a major driver for videoscopes market and the technology is expected to replace fiberoptic and rod-lens systems in the near future. Consistent technological advances have added new products to the market and expanded boundaries of the endoscopy devices market.
Capsule endoscopes and robot assisted endoscopes have revolutionized the endoscopy market. The capsule shaped devices possess built-in camera unit and wireless transmission system which delivers high quality images to external receiver as they pass through the gastrointestinal tract. The device has made diagnosis of gastrointestinal tract more efficient as the capsule is able to deliver images for intestinal areas where flexible endoscope cannot reach. Given Imaging (acquired by Covidien) accounts for about 85% of the global capsule endoscopy market share. Other key players in the capsule endoscopy market include Olympus, IntroMedic and Jinshan Medical. Intuitive Surgical leads the robot assisted endoscopy market with its flagship Da Vinci surgical system. Other companies making their mark in the robot assisted endoscopy market include Endo Control, Inc., Olympus, Meere Company, Inc., MAKO Surgical and Titan Medical, Inc. Visualization systems have been a prominent area of technological advancements. The development of chromoendoscopy has added another dimension to the evolving market of endoscopy. Three dimensional (3D) camera systems have improved the depth perception and hence reduced errors during surgery and which has further reduced the overall surgery time. Endoscopic ultrasound devices now allow doctors to effectively diagnose intestinal tract, which might be difficult to diagnose otherwise with traditional ultrasound devices. As the ultrasound device is close to the organ as, the images obtained are more accurate giving better examination of the intestinal tract.
Although various merits are propelling the endoscopy devices market, some factors impede the acceptance of several endoscopic devices. Prominent among these factors is the high cost of latest technology devices, which has delayed the penetration of these products in developing countries. Lack of skilled professionals is also a major concern for the market to develop. Considering various market dynamics, companies are eying Asian countries which mainly include India, China, and Japan for lucrative opportunities in future. Rapidly developing economic condition, improving healthcare sector, available disposable income, and large consumer base in emerging economies such as India, China, Brazil and South-East Asia due to high prevalence of diseases will drive the endoscopy devices market in these countries.
Key players in the market are Boston Scientific, Cook Medical, Covidien PLC, Ethicon Endo-Surgery, HOYA Corporation, Intuitive Surgical, Inc. KARL STORZ Endoscopy, Olympus Corporation, and Richard Wolf among others.
Browse the full "Endoscopy Devices Market (Endoscopes, Endoscopic Operative Devices, and Visualization Systems) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2013 - 2019" report at http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/endoscopy-devices-market.html
The global endoscopy devices market has been segmented as follows:
Global Endoscopy Devices Market, by Device Type
- Rigid Endoscope
- Flexible Endoscope
- Capsule Endoscope
- Robot Assisted Endoscope
- Energy Systems
- Suction/Irrigation Systems
- Access Devices
- Operative Hand Instruments
- Others (Insufflation Devices, Wound Protectors, Snares)
- Ultrasound Devices
Standard Definition (SD) Visualization Systems
- Two Dimensional (2D) Systems
- Three Dimensional (3D) Systems
High Definition (HD) Visualization Systems
- Two Dimensional (2D) Systems
- Three Dimensional (3D) Systems
Global Endoscopy Devices Market, by Application
- Gastrointestinal Surgeries
- Urology/Gynecology Surgeries
- ENT Surgeries
- Cardiovascular Surgeries
- Neuro/Spinal Surgeries
- Laparoscopy Surgeries
- Arthroscopy Surgeries
Global Endoscopy Devices Market, by Geography
- North America
- Rest of the World
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Ms. Sheela AK
90 State Street,
Albany NY - 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Share This Article!
- Asia, Europe, and South America Anti-aging Market (By Products: UV Absorbers, Dermal Fillers, Botox, Anti-stretchmark, Hair Color, and Anti-wrinkle By Services: Anti-pigmentation, Anti-adult Acne, Breast Augmentation, Liposuction, Abdominoplasty, Chemical Peel, Eye Lid Surgery, Hair Restoration, and Sclerotherapy; By Devices: Anti-cellulite Treatment, Microdermabrasion, Laser Aesthetic, and Radio Frequency) - Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020
- This report studies the anti-aging products, services and devices market in Europe, Asia and South America. The market has been segmented on the basis of demographics for analyzing each of the segments including products, services and devices for three major geographic regions: Europe, Asia and South America. The anti-aging services market has been sub-segmented into anti-pigmentation therapy, adult anti-acne therapy, breast augmentation, liposuction,...
- Hearing Aid Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2015 - 2023A hearing aid is an electronic device designed to amplify sounds, particularly speech for people with hearing impairments and loss in hearing abilities. A hearing aid consist of a microphone, a loudspeaker, an amplifier and a battery. The microphone picks up the sound, which is made louder with the help of an amplifier so the wearer can hear things more clearly. Hearing aids are incapable of truly correcting a hearing loss but they are an aid to make sounds...
- Canada Home Healthcare Market (By Device Types - Diagnostics and Monitoring Devices, Therapeutic Home Healthcare Devices, Mobility Assist Devices and Medical Supplies; By Services - Rehabilitation, Telehealth and Telemedicine, Respiratory Therapy, Infusion Therapy and Unskilled Home Healthcare Services) - Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020The home health care market includes a wide range of medical devices and services that are used by patients to treat, diagnose, and monitor a variety of chronic diseases. These devices and services play an important role in providing cost-effective health care to the patients. The home health care market offers lucrative business opportunities in Canada due to increased acceptance of home health care, technological advancements, and cost-effective...