The personal protective equipment (PPE) industry was one of the less affected industries during the recession in 2009. Owing to the higher cost of job related injuries compared to the cost of protective gear procured, industries invest a sufficient amount for acquiring protective gear for employees. A wide range of protective equipment is available with customization to provide the desired safety and the comfort required for employees.
After the recession in 2009, the PPE market has observed rapid growth and is expected to reach USD 20 billion globally. The majority of growth is expected from the increasing demand for hearing, face, eyes, head and respiratory protection equipments. Increasing employment rate and rapid industrialization in emerging countries such India, China, and Indonesia will lead the market growth.
Increasing importance of employee safety and protection along with the comfort provided by innovative equipment will drive the market growth. Strict labor safety and protection laws will force industry players to put more emphasis on employees’ protection, which will also spur the demand for protective equipment. Growing employment rates will also provide impetus to the market growth globally.
Based on products, the global market for PPE can be segmented into protective clothing, traditional wear, respiratory protection equipment, hearing, face, head protection equipment, gloves, footwear and numerous others. The report also analyzes market trends and growth of the major regional markets which include Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific and the rest of the world.
The PPE equipment industry is highly concentrated and major four industry players account for about three fourth of the market share. Some key players in this industry include 3M Company, Ansell Healthcare Products LLC, Alpha Pro Tech Ltd, Avon-ISI, Björnkläder AB, Bekina NV, Drägerwerk AG & Co, Interspiro, JSP Ltd., Gateway Safety Inc, Eurodress GmbH, Honeywell Life Safety, Jallatte Group, Z &V Group, Latchways Plc, Kwintet AB, Kimberly-Clark Professional, Mine Safety Appliances Company, Skylotec GmbH, Pacific Helmets (NZ) Ltd, Moldex-Metric Inc, Respire Ltd., Sioen Industries NV, Sperian Protection, Scott Health & Safety, and Wells Lamont Industry Group.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments