Injectable drug delivery is defined as introduction of a drug or drugs in the patient by using a delivery device. Injectables allow the transport of drugs formulated in liquid form, directly in the body. Even though, they may be designed to transport the drug to specific part of the body. Such drug delivery technology by the use of injections is majorly segmented into devices and formulations, and is commonly categorized as follows:
- Type of formulation: microspheres, liposomes, nanoparticles
- Type of device: needle free injectors, auto injectors, disposable syringes, reusable needles, pre-filled syringes, pen needle
- Type of delivery method: intravenous, intramuscular, intraperitoneal, subcutaneous
- Therapeutic applications: orphan diseases, auto-immune disease, oncology and others
Some of the major factors driving the growth of injectables are increase in the number of cancer and diabetic patients globally, improved patient compliance to drug delivery system and technology advancement. Out of the all the segments of this market, the formulation technologies market occupies the major share globally due to rapid development of nanotechnologies. The key deterrents restraining the growth of global injectables market include patient safety issues, injuries caused while administering injectables, development of alternate drug delivery methods and product recalls.
The global injectable drug delivery market is dominated by North America and is followed by Europe. However the North American region lags behind European injectable market in self-injection devices due to low penetration rate of pen injectors in the U.S. The emerging Asian and Latin American countries collectively represent the fastest growing market for injectables due to the increase in incidences of cancer and diabetes in patients and also their compliance to novel technologies. Furthermore, the drug and device manufacturers are focusing on major emerging injectables market of Asia and Latin America due to less stringent regulations for acquiring approvals on devices and less competition.
Some of the key players in the injectables drug delivery technology market comprise of Becton, Dickinson and Company, Baxter International, Inc., Scandinavian Health Limited, Ypsomed Holding AG, Terumo Medical Corp., Schott AG, Owen Mumford Ltd., Antares Pharma, Inc., Eli Lilly And Company and Zogenix, Inc.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Note : All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Transparency Market Research.